May 14, 20251 yr I'm using an external USB SSD to build an image, and get this error:  Adding Armbian repository and authentication key [ image-early :: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/armbian.sources ] [🌱] Disabling Armbian repo [ arm64-bookworm :: skip:no when:image-early ] mount: /media/steven/SSD/build/.tmp/rootfs-988d6aec-74e2-4c44-bd6b-013049454c46/armbian/cache: special device /armbian/cache does not exist.     dmesg(1) may have more information after failed mount system call. [💥] Error 32 occurred in main shell [ at /media/steven/SSD/build/lib/functions/general/chroot-helpers.sh:32           mount_chroot() --> lib/functions/general/chroot-helpers.sh:32         do_with_logging() --> lib/functions/logging/section-logging.sh:81      build_rootfs_and_image() --> lib/functions/main/rootfs-image.sh:20   full_build_packages_rootfs_and_image() --> lib/functions/main/default-build.sh:36      do_with_default_build() --> lib/functions/main/default-build.sh:42      cli_standard_build_run() --> lib/functions/cli/cli-build.sh:25     armbian_cli_run_command() --> lib/functions/cli/utils-cli.sh:136          cli_entrypoint() --> lib/functions/cli/entrypoint.sh:176               main() --> compile.sh:50  ] [💥] Cleaning up [ please wait for cleanups to finish ] Â
May 15, 20251 yr 3 hours ago, sakittelsen said: dmesg(1) may have more information after failed mount system call. Check this. Â Also full logs are missing.
May 15, 20251 yr I can run sudo dmesg but I do not know how to get dmesg(1)? log-build-9961f8b1-1871-49b2-948e-792d2d09ac33.log
May 15, 20251 yr To fix a mounting error, I run this before building: sudo mount -o remount,exec,dev /media/steven/SSD  dmesg log: [  27.549272] EXT4-fs (sda1): mounted filesystem 221b4559-9c69-4721-82eb-31346e1f1592 r/w with ordered data mode. Quota mode: none. [  92.494161] usb 4-1: new SuperSpeed USB device number 2 using xhci-hcd [  92.515767] usb 4-1: New USB device found, idVendor=8564, idProduct=1000, bcdDevice=11.00 [  92.515773] usb 4-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3 [  92.515778] usb 4-1: Product: Mass Storage Device [  92.515782] usb 4-1: Manufacturer: JetFlash [  92.515785] usb 4-1: SerialNumber: 24092700000000000094 [  92.639937] scsi host1: uas [  93.006034] scsi 1:0:0:0: Direct-Access   JetFlash Transcend 128GB  1100 PQ: 0 ANSI: 6 [  93.028170] sd 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg1 type 0 [  93.028508] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] 241637376 512-byte logical blocks: (124 GB/115 GiB) [  93.029793] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Write Protect is off [  93.029799] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Mode Sense: 43 00 00 00 [  93.032413] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Write cache: disabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA [  93.090555] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Preferred minimum I/O size 512 bytes [  93.090562] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Optimal transfer size 33553920 bytes [  93.125990]  sdb: sdb1 [  93.126108] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Attached SCSI disk [  93.293219] ntfs3: Enabled Linux POSIX ACLs support [  93.293226] ntfs3: Read-only LZX/Xpress compression included [  175.283172] EXT4-fs (sda1): re-mounted 221b4559-9c69-4721-82eb-31346e1f1592 r/w. Quota mode: none.  Edited May 15, 20251 yr by sakittelsen spelling error
May 15, 20251 yr shot in the dark. maybe this is a regression due to a recent commit  @sakittelsen Try "git revert 9eaa276457e11" and try again.
May 15, 20251 yr Do I need a git account? I get these replies:  steven@rpi5b:/media/steven/SSD/build$ git revert 9eaa276457e11 Author identity unknown *** Please tell me who you are. Run  git config --global user.email "you@example.com"  git config --global user.name "Your Name" to set your account's default identity. Omit --global to set the identity only in this repository. fatal: unable to auto-detect email address (got 'steven@rpi5b.(none)') steven@rpi5b:/media/steven/SSD/build$ sudo git revert 9eaa276457e11 error: your local changes would be overwritten by revert. hint: commit your changes or stash them to proceed. fatal: revert failed steven@rpi5b:/media/steven/SSD/build$ Â
May 15, 20251 yr I should also say I run "./compile.sh KERNEL_BTF=no" because I have only 4 GB of RAM. Â
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.