Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OPi Plus 2 UART not working

Featured Replies

No matter what I do, when I use an Armbian image built with compile.sh I get a blank orange screen on the OPi Plus 2. The downloadable pre-built image from Armbian for the board works fine. Wanting to debug this, I have an Adafruit UART serial cable adapter, known functioning and working. If I attach this to the UART pins on the small header near the power socket I get no output (and I have swapped RX and TX to no avail).

 

How does one enable this UART? Am I using a wrong approach? I have

console=both

in armbianEnv.txt.

 

 

  • Author

Builduing any Armbian image, headless or desktop,  for any of the Orange Pi series results in a blank orange screen on boot and no futher action. The UART outputs nothing. However, the downloadable prebuilt Armbian image does work.

 

As to the UART problem, I am beginning to suspect a board hardware problem. As to the non-booting issue, I have no idea. I did observe that I could find the IP address and ssh into the machine despite this lack of display output. Are there logs I could find to help diagnose this issue?

 

 

2 hours ago, Andro said:

As to the UART problem, I am beginning to suspect a board hardware problem. As to the non-booting issue, I have no idea.


Board configurations, u-boot configs can be sometimes broken upstream for a single board. This can lead to boot failure - has to be investigated.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.