Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Create custom partition tables

Featured Replies

Good day.

I built an image for SDCARD on the rockchip3568 board using the project
from here https://github.com/armbian/build
This framework creates an image for SDCARD, consisting of two
partitions:

1 - boot (Fat32 - 256 MiB)
2 - root file system (ext4)

(all remaining capacity on SDCARD, I use a 16GiB card)
I need a different, custom, file system partition.

How can I make three partitions, for example of these sizes:
1. boot - 256MiB
2. root - 2GiB
3. work - the entire remaining capacity of the SDCARD
while the size of the image file is not all 16GiB,
but 256MiB (boot) + 2Gib (root) + 256MiB (work) = 2.5GiB
and the last partition would take up all the remaining space on the card?

I managed to modify two scripts:
partitioning.sh and rootfs-to-image.sh
and, as I understood, to make the last partition for the entire remaining capacity of the card, when forming the script for marking
partitions for sfdisk (in the partitioning.sh file), you do not need to specify the size
of the partition, which is what I did. However, the desired result did not work.

Can someone help with this problem?
Thanks in advance.

 

Edited by Alexander iLminsky

Solved by eselarm

It's worth noting that you don't have to necessarily change anything in the build process. As long as you plan to not insert partitions in the middle, you can:

  1. write the image to the card
  2. with parted, resize the root partition to whatever you want
  3. make a new partition
    1. If you want to have more than 4 partitions total, this works best with GPT partition table, but legacy msdos works too with a little more effort
  4. `fsck.ext4 -f /dev/foo` where foo is the root partition
  5. `resize2fs /dev/foo`
  6. after you have the machine booted, you can then mkfs the new partition [you could probably do it in advance of booting the system too]

I do this regularly, b/c I typically only partition about 1/2 or 1/4 of the SD card to leave the rest for wear-leveling.

 

Are you trying to do this as a one-off or are you trying to do it for a dozen or more SBCs of the same type?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.