Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Instruction for making bootable SD card

Featured Replies

I've prepared a SD card for CubieTruck. I chosen Ubuntu trusty 21.5.2015,4.0.4 from the download. I followed the instruction by using "dd bs=1M if=filename.raw of=/dev/sdx"  command as presented on the website. However, my Cubietruck didn't boot up. 

 

Currently, I am using Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3 and Kernel version is 3.4.79. I have already changed rootfs from NAND to hd. 

 

Do I miss some steps for preparing this SD card? 

 

Thank you very much 

 

 

 

 

1. Was data wrote completely on SD card? (did you used sync command?)

2. Some SD cards aren't good and CT can't start from them. 

 

Did you checked your SD card by mount it into normal Linux distro? If you changed rootfs you must change uEnv.ct for new rootfs, did you?

  • Author

Thank you for your information pancio. Yes I have did sync and check the SD card with normal Linux. 

 

So, I changed rootfs in uEnv.txt from nand_root/sda1 to nand_root/mmcblk0. 

 

However, after reboot while plunging the SD card, my CT cannot boot. 

 

Any suggestions please help. 

 

Thank you very much

Maybe it's stupid question.... have you root partition on 'mmcblk0' as you wrote above or into mmcblk0p1, eventually mmcblk0p0 (if you haven't alone boot partition)?

 

Regards,

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.