Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KEA DHCP Server on Armbian with Orange Pi Zero 3 (2GB RAM)

Featured Replies

Just installed Armbian  25.5.1 Desktop in my new board: Orange Pi Zero 3 with 2GB RAM, using a 32GB MicroSD card.

Installed desktop as I have HDMI output and wanted to check that everything was going fine, and it did.

I can connect to Armbian via SSH

I could set up Pi-hole correctly. (that's why I get the board for)

As My modem/router cannot manually set the DNS to the IP of the orange pi, I just disabled it ans installed ISC-DHCP server and got it running.

I used chatgpt for that purpose. I have some understaning using linux distros and networking, chatgpt just saved my some time with configuration.

 

After some days I saw o nInternet that ISC was deprecated and the modern version is KEA-DCHP Server

 

I tried to install It, just the IPv4 version as it is just for my home-use.

 

But I couldnt get it working

 

I'm stuck on this error:


 

Unable to use interprocess sync lockfile (Permission denied): /var/run/kea/logger_lockfile

 

Tried changing permissions, running manually the service, etc, I couldn't start the DHCP server so I'm coming back to ISC-DHCP server.

 

I liked to web interface of KEA too, to monitor connected devices.

But could get it working. 

 

Have anyone tested this server on Armbian? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.