Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

After upgrading to trixie, and keeping the sources unfortunately by mistake in rolling mode, my raid1 was unable to stay ok.

Featured Replies

I fixed in the past some problems with sata drive by setting to "rolling" the sources in armbian-config.

A few day ago I wanted to upgrade to trixie (debian 13) sources.

I forgot to set up again the armbian-config sources to "stable" and I went in a bad situation with my raid1 : it completely disappeared from /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf, and was unable to mount.
After several struggling with the command line tools, I managed to get it recreated by the  following command :
 

mdadm --create --force /dev/md0 \
  --level=1 \
  --raid-devices=2 \
  /dev/sdc1 /dev/sdd1 \
  --metadata=1.2 --data-offset=$(( 264192/2 ))K

Now it seems to be syncing, but I think the filesystem was damaged... (though I don't now, perhaps all be ok again after sync) Is there a way other than photorec to get my data back ?

Thanks a lot.

Solved by Fabien Aurejac

well, I'm certainly happy to hear the good news.  consider yourself lucky.  creating a raid with mdadm should certainly overwrite all your data.  Maybe you got lucky, maybe because you recreated it in the exact same way as before. who knows.  what counts is that you did not loose everything after all.  because that sucks.

  • Author

I had the precise information about data-offset from "--examine" mdadm command, and also I was in raid1, that's far less sensitive to error than raid5 or raid0 for example.

I would not have been surprised that the resync, if taken to the end, would have worked...

But I will never know. As far as I know, I get the data back and I'm very lucky and happy. Thank you

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.