Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

$35 Orange Pi 4 Pro – An Allwinner A733 Edge AI SBC with up to 16GB LPDDR5, WiFi 6, NPU

Featured Replies

@jshkol, I saw that an Orange4Pro build was approved yesterday—I have one of those myself. What’s the status regarding the NPU? I actually wanted to start a build myself at one point, and it’s great to see you so dedicated to it. How would I go about building it using the new image? I have a homelab and would love to test it out and share some feedback with you.

Hi, I found an NVMe stability issue on Orange Pi 4 Pro and a workaround that seems to fix it.

Setup:

Orange Pi 4 Pro 6 GB

Armbian community 26.11.0-trunk.52

kernel 6.6.98-vendor-sun60iw2

Samsung MZVLW256HEHP 256 GB NVMe

root filesystem on NVMe/ext4

Under heavier load, for example Docker builds/compilation, the NVMe sometimes disappears completely.

Kernel messages:

nvme nvme0: controller is down; will reset: CSTS=0xffffffff, PCI_STATUS=0xffff nvme nvme0: Disabling device after reset failure: -19

After that the root filesystem starts throwing I/O errors and even binaries from /usr/bin become unreadable.

SMART looks normal and a direct sequential read test also passes.

I added these kernel parameters:

nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0 pcie_aspm=off pcie_port_pm=off

Since then I have repeated the same Docker build and several whisper.cpp runs using all 8 CPU threads, and the issue has not come back so far.

I also see this during boot:

sunxi:pcie-6000000.pcie:[WARN]: Failed to get "power-gpios"

PCIe still comes up normally as Gen3 x1 and the NVMe is detected.

Looks like this may be related to PCIe/NVMe power management in the current vendor kernel or DT.

Has anyone else seen this on Orange Pi 4 Pro / A733?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.