November 14, 2025Nov 14 Using odroidxu4. flashed Armbian_25.8.1_Odroidxu4_noble_current_6.6.102 to eMMC After odroidxu4 started, followed instruction to create accounts etc. Installed xfce4 package reboot. odroidxu4 booted to console prompt Installed xfce4-goodies package reboot. odroidxu4 booted to console prompt Installed lightdm reboot. The system becomes stuck at plymouth-quit-wait.service/start Not much I could do after this as I could not look at log messages or use $ sudo systemctl status lightdm.service Any insight greatly appreciated Thanks
November 16, 2025Nov 16 Author Solution Made some progress. after installing Armbian_25.8.1_Odroidxu4_noble_current_6.6.102 to eMMC ran armbian-upgrade Installed xubuntu-desktop or xubuntu-desktop-minimal package reboot now i'm getting the greeter screen. after login, I entered xfce desktop. functions ok could only install firefox via snap. installed firefox via snap ran firefox to view a video on youtube. audio is not working. install pulseaudio reboot system audio still not working when viewing a youtube video any suggestions?
November 22, 2025Nov 22 please DO share what steps you took to get it working for the benefit of the next guy.
November 22, 2025Nov 22 For SBCs without own audio I use networked pulseaudio. I never got it to work in newly installed Jammy and Bookworm, also not in Bookworm upgraded in-place to Trixie. It worked in Buster, BuIlseye and allways worked in Opensuse Tumbleweed. I already had all pipewire user sockets and services disabled and pulseaudio enabled, also de-installed pipewire-pulse as that one is the problem I believe (but is more than a year ago I looked at it). Now it turns out that doing 'pactl load-module module-zeroconf-discover' did add remote audio sinks. GUI based paprefs in Ubuntu/Debian should do it, but that is all grey since years, cannot be selected nor changed. So NanoPi-R6C with Armbian Trixie edge kernel now also plays audio via Armbian Trixie NanoPi-NEO SPDIF enabled with long simple wiring to an amplifier that takes coaxial SPDIF as input. I also had it working analog, but way too much issues with noise etc. 'the long simple wiring' is 1 lead of a low-quality twin analog audio cable, shielding=GND, core=signal. Edited November 22, 2025Nov 22 by eselarm
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.