Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hang when unmounting cifs filesystem.

Featured Replies

After upgrading to Armbian 26.2, I noticed that if I mounted a network drive (samba, cifs) and even accessed it, and then tried to unmount it (sudo umount -t cifs ...), the system would freeze. Upgrading from Debian 12 (bookworm) to Debian 13 (trixie) didn't help. I did a rollback to Armbian 25.x via backup, and this problem doesn't exist there.

Solved by tutralex

  • Author

I tried various parameters when mounting and unmounting, such as: sudo umount -f /media/..., but the system still hangs. You can't connect to the device via SSH in a new session. If you force a reboot (or sudo systemctl poweroff ) without unmounting it, it won't happen, and you won't be able to connect via SSH. Physically disconnecting the cable also doesn't help.

Edited by tutralex

Hi,
how do you mount the share? It might be that systemd manages the mount in newer systems, then, to umount you have to simply

systemctl stop your-share.mount

You can check with:

systemctl list-units --type=mount --all

To see if the mount is systemd managed

  • Author
  • Solution

Hi,

sudo systemctl stop media-nano-Z.mount

it really works, but if you forget to do it manually, then when you try to reboot or turn off the single-board computer, it will freeze, because it tries to unmount the disk itself, apparently using umount.

 

Okay, I did all this after upgrading to Armbian 26.2.0-trunk.86 trixie armv7l, and when I tried to unmount the drive the old way with umount, I found that everything worked. It looks like the problem is already fixed.

Edited by tutralex
Additions.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.