Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ip_tables module missing from 6.18.0-rc6-edge-qcs6490 kernel

Featured Replies

When attempting to install microk8s, I noticed that the `ip_tables` module is missing from the provided image (Ubuntu 24.04 (Noble) Minimal / IOT image)  on this page: 
https://www.armbian.com/radxa-dragon-q6a/

Easy way to replicate:
```

sudo modprobe ip_tables
modprobe: FATAL: Module ip_tables not found in directory /lib/modules/6.18.0-rc6-edge-qcs6490
```

Is there another image that has this module are part of the kernel or do I need to build the kernel myself? This seems like a module that should be included for an image that is labeled as `IOT`. 

Solved by RC_

  • Author

I think the confusion here is that `ip_tables` is the module reference and `iptables` is the binary built in reference. Microk8s requires this to be a module and not built in. 

 

I am compiling a standard kernel as speak to see if setting the appropriate nettable to `m` from '*` will work. 

  • Author
  • Solution
Quote

That's surprising.  All I knew so far was that modules need to be present, either built-in or as dynamically loaded modules.  Do you have a reference for this anomaly?


I couldn't find this documented specifically, but I confirmed this was the case via testing. Google also provided an AI summary which also stated that this was the case.  I enabled `iptables-legacy` in the Armbian kernel builder which then resolved the errors I was getting. I also eventually realized through further research that `nftables` were also supported and available as a module out of the box. I wound up changing my Microk8s config to use `nftables`, which also worked out and is where I left my config today. 

 

Hopefully this is helpful for someone else in the future. 

Somewhat relevant articles:
https://github.com/canonical/microk8s/issues/2180 
https://github.com/canonical/microk8s/issues/4387
https://hub.libre.computer/t/missing-iptables-kernel-configs-for-microk8s-calico/3717

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.