Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How to enable uboot_debugging option via userpatches?

Featured Replies

Hi all, Is there any working way to enable detailed logs from uboot? I am using fresh main branch (latest commit is 4648add1450c1b26bb29bf412ef054b0e978947d) . I have created following config inside userpatches/config-test.conf.sh file

BOARD="orangepizero"
BRANCH="current"
RELEASE="jammy"
BUILD_MINIMAL="yes"
PREFER_DOCKER="yes"
DOCKER_ARMBIAN_BASE_IMAGE="ubuntu:jammy"
BOOTDELAY=2
UBOOT_DEBUGGING="yes"


My command to build image is ./compile test. As I understand from source code UBOOT_DEBUGGING variable should enable such detailed uboot logs, but it seems like build framework ignored this option, I did not get detailed logs from uboot, also build logs do not contain info messages related with enabled UBOOT_DEBUGGING, etc.

P.S. Just for context - I have board wukongpih3zero (clone of orangepi zeor) and booting  is hanging at unexpected mcc1 slot instead of microsd mcc0 - that's why I need detailed boot logs.

Edited by AlexCrux

  • Author

I have took this variable from Here. Actually the first thing I tried to observe is uart logs. But they are very minimalistic like that:

 

U-Boot SPL 2024.01-armbian-2024.01-S866c-P6b16-Ha5c2-V367a-Bb703-R448a (Apr 29 2025 - 02:50:09 +0000) DRAM: 512 MiB Trying to boot from MMC1

 

It's from offial image from website, but the compiled image on my side has the same logs and effect

 

 

Edited by AlexCrux

  • Author

Minor update, I hardcoded usage of uboot debugging option and removed cache to force compiling uboot. But output from bootloader remained the same:

U-Boot SPL 2024.01_armbian-2024.01-S866c-P7738-Ha5c2-Vcc17-Bf389-R448a (Jan 08 2026 - 10:33:14 +0000)
DRAM: 512 MiB
Trying to boot from MMC1

Maybe detailed logging was already enabled? But it still does not give me any hints. Especially my board does not contain any additional slots like emmc, only for micro sd card (I don't understand why bootloader tries to use mmc1)

UPD: I find out question with a little bit similar problem (hang out on mmc1) but need time to understand the reason, maybe it has similar issue

 

Edited by AlexCrux

  • Author

Hi all. I reproduced the same behaviour on my custom uboot built with enabled debugging. The problem is not solved, but I got more detailed information. It turns out spl freezes at loading main uboot loader. Here is part from logs:

Jumping to U-Boot...
SPL malloc() used 0x198 bytes (0 KB)
image entry point: 0x4a000000



More detailed logs can be found here

Edited by AlexCrux

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.