Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Odroid XU4/HCx Booting not working, Debian 12 (Bookworm) with OpenMediaVault 7.0 Image

Featured Replies

Endless loop booting Image.

 

  • I download Image form source: https://dl.armbian.com/odroidxu4/Bookworm_current_minimal-omv
  • Flash Image with Rufus-4.11 --> no problem
  • insert sd-card in odroid hc1 --> blue LED is flashing
  • I ping to odroid with windows 'ping odroid -t -w 100'  --> replied 10 seconds, then there was no response for 40 seconds, and it repeated, I wait 30 minutes.

 

  • I use Image from archive without OpenMedaivault --> Booting Ok
  • I install OMV 7.0 manually described following link: https://docs.openmediavault.org/en/7.x/installation/on_debian.html
  • in first view everything seem fine BUT:
    after restart and save settings to SD-card --> odroid restarts after 20 seconds, if you do anything with huge load, it restarts, even 'apt update' or 'apt upgrade"

 

I did several tests, buy a new SD-card try 3 different cards, remove hard drive remove PCB and renew thermal interface material, nothing helps. I installed it 5 to 10 times and I did the installation in different ways. Also nothing helps.

 

I  use my old working sd-card and I did some test, it works properly. (old means: installation is 2-3 years old)

I try 'armbianmonitor -m' --> output: 23:30:52   600/2000 MHz  0.66  19%   6%  11%   0%   0%   1%  37.0 °C  0/3

The frequency changes depending on the load, I used stress -c 8 --> frequencey 1400/2000MHz  -> works perfect

 

I try  Debian 12 (Bookworm) with OpenMediaVault from armbian download page. (Build Date: Jan 19, 2026)

I try 'armbianmonitor -m' --> output: 22:10:52   200/200 MHz  0.66  19%   6%  11%   0%   0%   1%  24.0 °C  0/3

The frequency was always at 200/200MHz.

 

I think I found the error in '/etc/default/cpufrequtils 

Both values are "0".

MAX_SPEED="0"
MIN_SPEED="0"

 

I compare it with my old working sd-card. The values there:

MAX_SPEED="2000000"
MIN_SPEED="600000"
 

I Update the Image:

I 'unxz' the image that I had downloaded from armbian page, 'losetup' it, 'mount' the partition and change the value in 'cpufrequtils' to MAX_SPEED="2000000" MIN_SPEED="600000".

I 'xz' the image, flash it to my sd-card and now the images works on my Odroid XU4/HC1 perfect.

 

Is this a bug?

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.