Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Predictable Network Interface names

Featured Replies

Hello,

 

I just installed Armbian on my Tinker board. 

I use the internal wifi and another wifi usb dongle (static ip).

The wifi usb receives a name wlx**** in ifconfig and the internal wifi module has wlan0.

I want to have wlan1 instead of wlx***.

So I checked https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/

Tried the option using dev/null and setting the net.ifnames parameter.

I tried in /boot/ArmBianEnv.txt to set net.ifnames=0 parameter.

Nothing works.

 

Would be happy, if someone knows how to change this on Armbian.

Thank you very much

  • Author

Thanks! worked. I used extraargs="net.ifnames=0" before and it didn't work. Without quotes it does!

Hi, i want to use systemd-networkd, systemd-resolved and the Predictable Network Interface names on my odroid-c2 with Armbian_5.35_Odroidc2_Debian_jessie_default_3.14.79

I don't find /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf and how to obtain predictable network interface names ? In boot/boot.ini at Boot arguments and at Mainline boot arguments
=>  net.ifnames=1

I rename too /etc/network/ and /etc/network.d
Thanks

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.