Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How to receive MIDI messages to a cli app

Featured Replies

So I need to know what I have to do to get MIDI messages into my music app that I'm working on. I developed a cli synth app on Manjaro using SDL3 and Jack. Jack I used to connect to MIDI aka 'MIDI-Bridge' or MIDI Through and an external program to produce MIDI messages sent to MIDI Through. I am currently trying to do the same on the actual device I wish to use which is the OrangePi 4 LTS I have spare with just bare bones Armbian Server, no desktop. I have audio working through Pipewire. I am used to Jack just being available because Pipewire intercepts and handles the calls behind the scenes. I noticed that on Armbian I think I have to use the 'pw-jack' program or jack-play goes into an eternal and uninterruptible error loop (I have to kill it through another terminal). Note: I am developing this program in Zig. Am I doing all of this the wrong way? Is there some system process I have to start? Or something I haven't installed?

Try running a2jmidid with pw-jack a2jmidid first — that bridges ALSA MIDI to JACK MIDI, and then use pw-link or qpwgraph to connect your app's MIDI input to the resulting Midi-Bridge ports 

  • Author

I don't have a Desktop installed on this device (OrangePi 4LTS). I resorted to using the rtmidi C interface instead, I made a wrapper. The Pipewire documentation is hard to figure out. I guess there should be some sort of session management for Non-Desktop sessions to load stuff?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.