Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

rk3308B, Sovol SV06 Ace based on Rock-s0 -Possible to apply commits as patches

Featured Replies

The Rock-s0 has the same rk3308b processor and the build uses a BL31binary, with u-boot.  The SV06Ace has the same cpu and BL31/u-boot.

I reviewed this thread and was trying to follow the example commit provided.  It is a little difficult to work through a commit as not all of the paths to the files are present in my depth=1 git clone.

 

Is it possible to download the commit for the Rock-s0 and use it to patch the build directory?  If I could run the patch, then I would have some actual files to copy and edit.  The maintainer of the Rock-s0, linked on the Armbian Info page for the s0 has not made any recent commits. The last Rock-s0 commit was where it was moved back to an older bootloader scheme.

 

# Rockchip RK3308 quad core 512MB SoC WiFi
 
BOARD_NAME="SV06 Ace"
BOARD_VENDOR="sovol"
BOARDFAMILY="rockchip64"
BOARD_MAINTAINER="shep"
 
BOOTCONFIG="sv06ace-rk3308_defconfig"
BOOT_FDT_FILE="rockchip/sv06ace.dtb"
 
KERNEL_TARGET="current"
KERNEL_TEST_TARGET="current"
 
DEFAULT_CONSOLE="serial"
SERIALCON="ttyS0"
MODULES_BLACKLIST="rockchipdrm analogix_dp dw_mipi_dsi dw_hdmi gpu_sched lima hantro_vpu panfrost"
HAS_VIDEO_OUTPUT="no"
 
BOOTBRANCH_BOARD="tag:v2024.10"
BOOTPATCHDIR="v2024.10"
BOOT_SCENARIO="binman"
DDR_BLOB="rk33/rk3308_ddr_589MHz_uart0_m0_v2.07.bin"
BL31_BLOB="rk33/rk3308_bl31_v2.26.elf"
FORCE_UBOOT_UPDATE="yes"
 
OVERLAY_PREFIX="rk3308"
 
function post_family_config__rocks0() {
        declare -g BOOTDIR="u-boot-${BOARD}"
        declare -g BOOTSCRIPT="boot-rockchip64-ttyS0.cmd:boot.cmd"
 
        family_tweaks_bsp() { #overrides rockchip64_common.inc
                #Install udev script that derives fixed, unique MAC addresses for net interfaces
                #that are assigned random ones
                bsp=$SRC/packages/bsp/rockpis
                rules=etc/udev/rules.d


 

 

Specifically, where are following files, referenced in /build/boards/*.csc located?

BOOTCONFIG=*.defconfig"

BOOT_FDT_FILE="*.dtb"

The declared boot scripts

 

Thanks

 

 

 

  • Author

I started down this path and realized that the patches are applied to downloaded linux kernel source.  Normally, the kernel source is "cleaned" even if the build fails.

 

I then found the sakura pi github page and the page has more recent commit than the Rock-s0, incorporates the kernel.dtsi while adhering the the u-boot requirements for rockpi's.

U-boot for Rockpi.  I'd like to base my build on the more up-to-date code.

 

The easist way to do this is set CLEAN_LEVEL="" but I'm running into issues with the patches in GitHub: Sakura-Pi failing to apply.

 

Essentially, I would iike to have the patches apply, not necessarily build and have the files generated by the patches remain.  I have a large dtb file, extracted from Sovol's OEM firmware, that I would like to copy/paste into the generated *.dtb file, rename the *csc file and the defconfig file, and then generate a patch against clean source.

 

Conceptually, this should work and I'm suprised it is this difficult to generate a new board for an existing family.  Alternatively, a script could generate a file from a highlited portion of a patch and generate a file.  Or is is possbile to run ./compile.sh a step at a time?  It would be helpful in this setting, very instructive about the process and would narrow down build failures.

 

Am I on the right path?  Any step-by-step examples and or links to helpful scripts?

Edited by shepper
added step by step builds

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.