Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Armbian Imager" installation fails due to access rights for Microsoft Edge under Windows 11

Featured Replies

Has anyone here experienced the same problem on trying to install "Armbian Imager" under Windows 11?
Upon running the respective exe-file and - no matter what target directory I choose - I get a failure meassage, somewhat like this:

The directory could not be established:
Microsoft Edge has no Read/Write access rights to its directory:

C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\com.armbian.imager\EBWebView

 

Should the same issue have been posted here somewhere else, I do apologize. However, before creating the help request I did try to find any entries of similar content, but in vain.

So if there's already any remedial comment on this available in the Armbian community, please provide the link.
Thanks a lot in advance. 

Screenshot 2026-03-16 104838.jpg

 

Meanwhile I managed to run it, however only after starting up Win11 as admin and explicitly running the programme as such.
On the contrary, if I start the OS directly into my simple user account and then try to run Armbian-Imager from there, both as regular user OR as admin, it will refuse to do its job by sending the above failure message. 

Edited by Giunti
New experience

We made several test install on Windows 11 and it always worked ... bugs are possible. 

 

21 hours ago, Giunti said:

 

Should the same issue have been posted here somewhere else, I do apologize.


Best here:

https://github.com/armbian/imager/issues

And add perhaps more information about the OS, hardware, any special settings that might play a role here.

 

21 hours ago, Giunti said:

So if there's already any remedial comment on this available in the Armbian community, please provide the link.


I don't think there is. As far as I can recall, we haven't see this problem yet.


Let's ping main developer - if he has any ideas.

@SuperKali 

 

But as this is a complex software with possible bugs deep down in some libraries, or even Windows itself - I assume you run with all updates?

  • Author

Thanks a lot for all responses to my query.
I'm afraid I haven't had the time to tinker on this issue long enough to find a solution. However, as I don't need to use Armbian Imager that often. So I can live with those rare cases of starting Windows as admin and running the program as such.
 

Thanks for sharing that—I ran into the exact same "EBWebView" access issue on Windows 11 and also only got it working by running as admin, so you're definitely not alone.

@Giunti & @samlevy0515

It would be helpful to the community if you responded to the developer trying to fix this issue rather than state a workaround.

Thank you.

 

On 3/17/2026 at 7:24 AM, SuperKali said:

You may be experiencing the same issue that other people are encountering: https://github.com/tauri-apps/tauri/issues/12787

 

@Giunti Can you confirm that this is the same issue as the one reported above?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.