Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How to install correct linux-headers?

Featured Replies

I just installed Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.732_Rockpi-4bplus_trixie_current_6.18.22_minimal on a Rockpi-4bplus.

How do I install the correct Linux headers? The standard apt install linux-headers-$(uname -r) method doesn't work for armbian.
OK, there's a corresponding option in armbian-config, and it seems to run successfully, but for some reason, I only see linux-headers-6.12.74+deb13+1-arm64 and linux-headers-6.12.74+deb13+1-common in /usr/src.

Solved by Stanislav Chizhik

  • Author
  • Solution

Thanks, @Werner! I believe I can do it once I find clear instructions. There's still a lot I don't understand—where all needed things are. I'd appreciate it if you could just provide a link that could point me in the right direction.

Meanwhile, yesterday I somehow managed to install the headers using apt-get install linux-headers-current-rockchip64 . At least, for now, this allowed me to build the packages that needed the headers.

It seems like this might be a bit of a dirty trick (no?). So, I'd still like to do it right.

Okay so then we have some issues here

19 hours ago, Stanislav Chizhik said:

armbian-config, and it seems to run successfully, but for some reason, I only see linux-headers-6.12.74+deb13+1-arm64 and linux-headers-6.12.74+deb13+1-common in /usr/src

This is clearly wrong since these packages come from upstream Debian and cannot/will not work with Armbian kernels. This shall be reported here: https://github.com/armbian/configng/

 

1 hour ago, Stanislav Chizhik said:

sing apt-get install linux-headers-current-rockchip64

Then you were lucky some working headers were present :)

 

1 hour ago, Stanislav Chizhik said:

a link that could point me in the right direction

 

https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/

 

Or in very short:

git clone the repo

./compile.sh BOARD=rockpi-4bplus BRANCH=current kernel

Check output/debs for your packages

Install via dpkg -i on the target board

One thing that helped me in a similar situation was checking that the running kernel version matched the headers exactly with uname -r. A mismatch there can be really confusing. If you've recently upgraded the kernel, a reboot before installing the headers is worth trying too.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.