September 22Sep 22 I just downloaded the Armbian_community_26.11.0-trunk.52_Orangepi5-max_resolute_vendor_6.1.172_gnome_desktop.img (from here: https://armbian.com/boards/orangepi5-max) and flashed it to an SD card. I put the card in the device and booted it but when it comes up, it dumps me at a root bash prompt (auto login) and nothing else happens. I had previously downloaded the Armbian_community_26.11.0-trunk.52_Orangepi5-max_resolute_edge_7.2.6_gnome_desktop.img file and flashed it to an SD card, when it came up it ran a provisioning script allowing me to add my timezone, user definition, etc. Shouldn't this execute on all images the same way? Is there some way to manually execute it if it doesn't kick off automatically?? I flashed this SD card twice with this image and it was the same both times, I think the image is broken...
September 22Sep 22 Author long-term, I guess it didn't matter that much. I rebooted the device and it asked for log in in text-mode screen (no desktop GUI), I logged in as root since I had not created a user account, yet. Then it executed the provisioning script... I was able to create my account and configure the system. After that it launched the GUI and now it seems everything is working.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.