Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orange Pi Plus 2 WIFI connection failed...

Featured Replies

 

Hi, all, sorry to bother you again.

 

 

I still cannot make wifi on my OPi Plus2 work. The following are the results of ifonfig and iwlist scan .

 

iwlistnothing.thumb.jpg.39e813485c073633d7d1e0651bddd3be.jpg

 

and my /etc/network/interfaces is as follows:

 

etcnetworkinterfaces.thumb.jpg.38948ea9614ed000faffe8390dd1a963.jpg

 

 

What's in file /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf :

network={
        ssid="xxxxx"
        psk="yyyyy"
        }

and I'm sure the SSID and password are correct.

 

 

 

 

I used to posted a mesage about WIRED connection, which is solved by setting hwaddress ether .

 

However, for wireless connection, can anybody give me hand please?

 

 

Thank you very much

Pei

 

  • Author

Result of nmtui-connect :

 

nmtui-connect.thumb.jpg.ca45a9ff1d2b90965efbe4028681bb60.jpg

 

It seems WIFI connections are NOT listed. However, iwlist scan works now.... So weird...

 

And the result of nmtui-connect myssid is Segmentation fault:

 

nmtui-connectshaw.thumb.jpg.950703677cb363dd9eb58e2a5a9e397b.jpg

 

12 hours ago, jiapei100 said:

It seems WIFI connections are NOT listed. However, iwlist scan works now.... So weird...


Nothing is weird. If you have wlan used by ifup ( /etc/network/interfaces) than network manager can't use them and vice versa. Remove /etc/network/interfaces, reboot and nmtui-conenect will work.

  • Author
16 hours ago, Igor said:

 


Nothing is weird. If you have wlan used by ifup ( /etc/network/interfaces) than network manager can't use them and vice versa. Remove /etc/network/interfaces, reboot and nmtui-conenect will work.

 

Hi, Igor, I made some progress after removing /etc/network/interfaces, however, I still Could not activate connection: Activation failed. 

 

nmtui-connect2.thumb.jpg.79fa89d3320dfa9b90d5dbd7bab13ddd.jpg

7 hours ago, jiapei100 said:

 

Hi, Igor, I made some progress after removing /etc/network/interfaces, however, I still Could not activate connection: Activation failed. 

 

 

before reboot /etc/network/interfaces will be active.
Configure via nmtui and set it active at boot, then save and reboot  - this wil activate the connection

  • Author
41 minutes ago, guidol said:

before reboot /etc/network/interfaces will be active.
Configure via nmtui and set it active at boot, then save and reboot  - this wil activate the connection

 

Hi, guidol:

 

Now, it's working... 

I just leave ONLY 2 lines in /etc/network/interfaces as:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

and set nmtui ... Wifi is NOW working...

Still, I think it's more or less a bit unexplainable. I prefere modifying /etc/network/interfaces, but have NO idea how to figure that out.

Anyway, NOW, wifi is working !!!

 

Thanks

Pei

 

1 hour ago, jiapei100 said:

 

Hi, guidol:

 

Now, it's working... 

I just leave ONLY 2 lines in /etc/network/interfaces as:


auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

 

 

if you want to setup wlan0 from the /etc/network/interfaces, then you can delete the connection in nmtui and ADD something like the following line (with the IP-Numbers and data of your WiFi-Connection):
 

auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
       address 192.168.8.16
       netmask 255.255.255.0
       gateway 192.168.8.1
       dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
       wpa-ssid "your_wifi_ssid"
       wpa-psk "your_wifi_pre-shared-key"

you have to check if your wifi-device is named wlan0 or has a name which does include some part of your MAC-address

e.g. like wlx3f4e2a1b0d

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.