Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

changing video output (Olinuxino A20 Micro)

Featured Replies

I've just downloaded the Debian-server mainline image for my Olinuxino A20 Micro (Armbian_5.38 etc) and tried, without success, to change the video output from the default HDMI to the VGA one.

Following the documentation (https://docs.armbian.com/Hardware_Allwinner/) I modified the boot.cmd file adding the lines:

setenv video-mode sunxi:monitor=vga,hpd=0,edid=0
saveenv
and recompiling it but the video continues to be enabled on the HDMI output, also after 2 (and more) restart.

I noticed that in the boot splash screen a "Err: VGA" is reported.

It's not too clear from the documentation if this setting can be applied also modifying the armbianEnv.txt file or if editing and recompiling the boot.cmd file is the right way, anyway my question is: what should in order to enable the VGA output?

Thank you in advance

I have the same problem on my Cubietruck.

On legacy kernel i was able to use script.fex file on /boot directory, but this method has changed on mainline kernel. I don't know how to figure it out!

1 hour ago, I'mTO1 said:

I have the same problem on my Cubietruck.

On legacy kernel i was able to use script.fex file on /boot directory, but this method has changed on mainline kernel. I don't know how to figure it out!

I've used this  workaround and it works!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.