Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DirectFB or framebuffer

Featured Replies

I've been trying to activate the framebuffer on a Armbian Debian-server image.  The framebuffer doesn't exist on a server image but I need to be able to install it.

 

So I thought, what about DirectFB.  I've been searching the web for instructions on installing DirectFB.  I need to install it and not have to burn a new image (I'm not capable).

 

I just noticed that if I go to /boot/debian i find all the libdirectfb files.

 

Can somebody show me (step by step) how I could install DirectFB or directly activate the framebuffer using these files?  What files (including directories) to install, scripts to modify, etc.

 

Any help would be appreciated.

DirectFB is a abstraction level over initiated framebuffer.

 

Does "sudo ls /dev/fb*" show anything?

How does your display connected?

 

 

  • Author

@YaR

 

Sorry, I was out of town this morning.

 

The response to "sudo ls /dev/fb*" is

 

         ls: cannot access '/dev/fb*': No such file or directory

 

If I log in as root or myself I get the same response.

 

I can connect through SSH or directly through the keyboard to look for the framebuffer.  I get the same response.

 

The display is attached through HDMI.  The system correctly knows if the HDMI is connected or disconnected.

 

Just no sign of the framebuffer.

 

This is a server version as I don't need a GUI.

 

Any suggestions?

 

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.