Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EDID, HDMI and framebuffer

Featured Replies

I have used the Armbian images created by Balbes150 on my VIM2 Max.  Awesome software in all respects.

 

If I use an image with the 3.14.29 kernel:
    1. Framebuffer is correctly installed/configured
    2. HDMI does not exist
    3. Displaying EDID reported:
        No EDID on bus 1,2, or 4
        Bus 3 doesn't really have an EDID...
        Couldn't find an accessible EDID on this computer

 

However, if I use an image with the 4.16.1 kernel:
    1. No framebuffer
    2. HDMI detectable connected/disconnected
    3. Displaying EDID detected contents correctly
    
I wouldn't mind a 4096x4096 framebuffer so, if necessary, I can shrink it to 4K UHD 3840x2160.

I would prefer a server image but if necessary, I could live with a GUI.  Just something that wouldn't be used.

 

Building my own kernel or image is beyond my skills.

Could somebody make an Armbian image that would have the framebuffer, the HDMI, and EDID working?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.