Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EXT4-fs error after 2-3 days, A20-MICRO, 4.14.14, 5.38

Featured Replies

Hello,

 

I am having strange problem with Olimexino A20 Micro, Ambian 5.38, 4.14.14. After every 2-3 days standby with minor cpu usage I am getting an FS error. I have tried Armbian Ubuntu/Debian and different sd cards but this doesn't change anything. I think with previous kernel there wasn't such an issue. I've connected it to the serial port and I see:

login:
[381301.434449] EXT4-fs error (device mmcblk0p1): ext4_journal_check_setected aborted journal
[381301.444715] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p1): Remounting filesystem read-only
[381340.727458] EXT4-fs error (device mmcblk0p1): ext4_find_entry:143621620: comm sh: reading directory lblock 0
[381494.351427] EXT4-fs error (device mmcblk0p1): ext4_find_entry:143643740: comm /usr/share/webm: reading directory lblock 0
[381494.367402] EXT4-fs error (device mmcblk0p1): ext4_find_entry:143643740: comm /usr/share/webm: reading directory lblock 0
[381804.544643] EXT4-fs error (device mmcblk0p1): ext4_find_entry:143643740: comm /usr/share/webm: reading directory lblock 0

My installation is

Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.38 stable Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS 4.14.18-sunxi
System load:   0.43 0.41 0.40   Up time:       1 day
Memory usage:  53 % of 997MB    Swap usage:    8 % of 498Mb     IP:
CPU temp:      40°C             HDD temp:      32°C
Usage of /:    8% of 29G        storage/:      33% of 917G      Batter

[ General system configuration (beta): armbian-config ]

Last login: Wed Jul 18 17:43:03 2018 from 192.168.0.120

 

Does anyone have same issue or any idea how to fix that?

 

Regards,

Lazar

Edited by d3f2

  • Author

An update from today,  I have run the dmesg while it was stopping and now I see more information 

 

watch "dmesg | fold -w$COLUMNS | tail -n$((LINES-2))"
Every 2.0s: dmesg | fold -w80 | tail -n22               Wed Jul 25 005 10111 2018                                                         113 100008.828841] zram: Added device: zram0                            52 001018.837014] zram: Added device: zram1                             8 :00 29.146852] zram0: detected capacity change from 0 to 261394432   8 001 29.215021] Generic PHY stmmac-0:01: attached PHY driver [Generic 4 0s:phy_addr=stmmac-0:01, irq=POLL)                                 202 :00119.223619] sun7i-dwmac 1c50000.ethernet eth0: RX IPCThuecksum6 111 0:011isabl
[216532.641503] ata1.00: cmd 61/00:d8:00:b2:8d/01:00:16:00:00/40 tag 2 131072 out
                         res 51/04:00:00:61:8c/00:01:16:00:00/06 Emask ce error)
[216532.641507] ata1.00: status: { DRDY ERR }am0.  Priority:5 extents: [216532.641512] ata1.00: error: { ABRT }
[216532.641519] ata1.00: failed command: WRITE FPDMA QUEUED1394432
[216532.641534] ata1.00: cmd 61/00:e0:00:c1:8d/01:00:16:00:00/40 tag 2 131072 out
                         res 51/04:00:00:61:8c/00:01:16:00:00/06 Emask ce error)
[216532.641538] ata1.00: status: { DRDY ERR }
[216532.641543] ata1.00: error: { ABRT }
[216532.641549] ata1.00: failed command: WRITE FPDMA QUEUED
[216532.641564] ata1.00: cmd 61/00:e8:00:c9:8d/01:00:16:00:00/40 tag 2 131072 out
                         res 51/04:00:00:61:8c/00:01:16:00:00/06 Emask ce error)
[216532.641569] ata1.00: status: { DRDY ERR }
[216532.641573] ata1.00: error: { ABRT }                             � [216532.644094] ata1.00: configured for UDMA/133
[216532.644341] ata1: EH complete

 

it looks very strange for me but may be someone can explain what's that :-)

 

I saw two reboots on my Banana Pi running stretch since I upgraded (linux-image-next-sunxi:armhf (5.35, 5.41)) three days ago. It ran flawlessly since April before that. Nothing in the logs.

I downgraded to 5.38 and I'm watching dmesg now.

 

5.38 rebooted too. Last gasps were
Jul 28 16:33:49 localhost kernel: [ 8277.878135] Sending NMI from CPU 0 to CPUs 1:
Jul 28 16:34:52 localhost kernel: [ 8340.932624] Sending NMI from CPU 0 to CPUs 1:
Jul 28 16:35:56 localhost kernel: [ 8403.987171] Sending NMI from CPU 0 to CPUs 1:
Jul 28 16:36:59 localhost kernel: [ 8467.041636] Sending NMI from CPU 0 to CPUs 1:
Jul 28 16:38:02 localhost kernel: [ 8530.096136] Sending NMI from CPU 0 to CPUs 1:

 

Trying 5.35 now.

On 7/28/2018 at 5:26 PM, rrohbeck said:

 

Trying 5.35 now.

I forgot to follow up. 5.35 has been running fine since July.

Does anyone have 5.35 installation image for banana pi m1+? Can't find it on internet.

Edited by joximus

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.