Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How to make partitions. Gparted doesn't work.

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

When I format my hard drive and I want to make partitions, just / for the system and Swap partition, Gparted only allows me to make one, saying I only can make one primary partition, so I make one for / (in this step extended and logical options are disabled)

Then I want to use the free space for swap and all options are disabled, not even logical or extended partition options.

and from the beginning I only can chose logical partition because extended is disabled.

 

So it looks Gparted only allows me to use the entire disk as logical partition.

If I use another app in windows to make those partitions then in linux Gparted says there is one error and it can't read the hard disk table partitions.

 

Any help to make those two partitions?

 

thanks

Hi Lothar,

 

Since the invention of GUID Partition Table (GPT) you no longer need extended and logical partitions  :wub:

 

So I would delete the current PT and create a new /fresh Partition Table GPT. I guess here you find all the tools you need.

I have at least 3 partitions, /root /swap and for data.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.