Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How to fix/survive a broken sudo

Featured Replies

sudo: /usr/bin/sudo must be owned by uid 0 and have the setuid bit set

That kind of problem.

 

Option 1

 

Control + Alt + F3 

 

log in as root  and live without sudo

 

Option 2

 

Open a terminal

ssh root@127.0.0.1

 

and log in as root

 

Option 3

 

 

copy this to a file named /tmp/armbiansudo.txt

 

chown root:root /usr/bin/sudo 
chmod 4755 /usr/bin/sudo
chown root:root /usr/lib/sudo/sudoers.so 
chmod 4755 /usr/lib/sudo/sudoers.so
chown root:root /etc/sudoers
chown root:root /etc/sudoers.d /etc/sudoers.d/README  /var/lib/sudo

 

 

And now  follow option 1 or option 2 and type this on a root term

 

bash  /tmp/armbiansudo.txt

 

I think  sudo gave me problems in the past, I suspect it was behind some permissions problems that made me reinstall the OS, so i would recommend option 1 or option 2, I tried option 3 to test if the fix still worked before post it here, I would post here if I have problems again.

 

 

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.