Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cubieboard 2: Armbian 5.3 Ubuntu Xenial - repository issues?

Featured Replies

Hi

 

After doing a clean install to SD card of armbian 5.3 Ubuntu Xenial, I see multiple failures to install packages like Docker and Gitlab via apt-get.

 

In both instances, I follow instructions as per the official pages, but when I try to do the installation, apt-get will report that "E: Package 'docker-ce' has no installation candidate" for example, even though it is present searching in the cache. 

 

Am I doing something wrong - perhaps I need another repository source?

 

On 1/5/2019 at 7:58 AM, Piie said:

Hi

 

After doing a clean install to SD card of armbian 5.3 Ubuntu Xenial, I see multiple failures to install packages like Docker and Gitlab via apt-get.

 

In both instances, I follow instructions as per the official pages, but when I try to do the installation, apt-get will report that "E: Package 'docker-ce' has no installation candidate" for example, even though it is present searching in the cache. 

 

Am I doing something wrong - perhaps I need another repository source?

 


I suspect you were trying to do this with a kernel 3.4.y? That one is waaay too old for Docker.  Whenever you are asking for help, please do provide logs that we know what you are talking about. Type:

armbianmoninor -u

and try to use armbian-config way of installing Docker which is tested way. But it can also be something else, like network related problems?

  • Author

Hi

 

http://ix.io/1xNO

 

Yes, it looks like it is still 3.4.11 - which appeared to be the latest link on the armbian site for Cubiebord 2. Is it possible to update it?

 

 

  • Author

Also, I cannot find a Docker install option under any of the menu items in armbian-config?

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.