Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KM8P display problem

Featured Replies

hdmi.sh ?

Will someone help me by telling me the parameters of hdmi.sh ?

I use Armbian_5.44_S9xxx_Ubuntu_bionic_3.14.29_mate_20180729.img.xz

my box is KM8P (S912)

5 hours ago, temps said:

hdmi.sh ?

Will someone help me by telling me the parameters of hdmi.sh ?

I use Armbian_5.44_S9xxx_Ubuntu_bionic_3.14.29_mate_20180729.img.xz

my box is KM8P (S912)

Please attach hdmi.sh to your post and tell us what is the resolution of the monitor or TV you are using. 

  • Author

#!/bin/sh
bpp=16
mode=1080p60hz
#mode=720p60hz
for x in $(cat /proc/cmdline); do
        case ${x} in
                m_bpp=*) export bpp=${x#*=} ;;
                hdmimode=*) export mode=${x#*=} ;;
        esac
done
HPD_STATE=/sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/hpd_state
DISP_CAP=/sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap
DISP_MODE=/sys/class/display/mode
echo $mode > $DISP_MODE
common_display_setup() {
        M="0 0 $(($X - 1)) $(($Y - 1))"
        Y_VIRT=$(($Y * 2))
        fbset -fb /dev/fb0 -g $X $Y $X $Y_VIRT $bpp
        echo $mode > /sys/class/display/mode
        echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale
        echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/freescale_mode
        echo $M > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale_axis
        echo $M > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/window_axis

        echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb1/free_scale
        echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb1/freescale_mode
}
case $mode in
                720p*)
                        export X=1024
                        export Y=768

                        ;;
                1080p*)
                        export X=1920
                        export Y=1080
                        ;;
esac

common_display_setup

# Enable framebuffer device
echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank

# Blank fb1 to prevent static noise
echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb1/blank

echo 0 > /sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fbcon/cursor_blink

exit 0

44 minutes ago, temps said:

#!/bin/sh

...

exit 0

hdmi.sh reads the mode parameter in the command line and sets up the framebuffer accordingly.  The default is 1080p.

 

Please run the following command:

cat /proc/cmdline

 

and report the result here. Also please indicate what resolution(s) your monitor or TV is capable of.

  • Author

cat /proc/cmdline
root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyS0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 mac=${mac}

  • Author

19EL933G toshiba TV HD, but I have many TV toshiba, samsung, philips ... and I have the same problem with the display ( 1366x768  50Hz for the first toshiba)

  • Author

If I do :

                720p*)
                        export X=1360
                        export Y=768

 

I have a very beautiful image, but it is deported on the left, and I miss all the beginning of the lines of codes

Either you try a proper HD TV or monitor capable of 1920x1080p, or you have to play around a little bit with the fbset command to try to find some setting that will work on your TV's.

 

 

  • Author

Thanks, when I do

fbset --info

mode "1360x768"
    geometry 1360 768 1360 768 32
    timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,8/24
endmode

Frame buffer device information:
    Name        : OSD FB
    Address     : 0x3a200000
    Size        : 25497600
    Type        : PACKED PIXELS
    Visual      : TRUECOLOR
    XPanStep    : 1
    YPanStep    : 1
    YWrapStep   : 0
    LineLength  : 5440
    Accelerator : No

 

But when I do

fbset -left 50

this do nothing

  • Author

Thanks for the answers.
I found a solution, by changing television.
The problem of the first TV is that there is no "native" mode in its settings. Taking another TV always a 19-inch toshiba, at first I had the same problem because it was in cinema mode. I corrected. I tested samsung which was no problem with the latest hdmi.sh

  • Werner locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.