Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

linux-headers-dev-...deb missing kernel scripts modpost

Featured Replies

I don't know if this is related to Linux kernel 5.0 but I didn't have this problem with 4.20

I used linux-headers-dev-.._arm64.deb kernel header files to compile mali kernel drivers on board

I don't know if armbian changed something or it is kernel 5.0 related

now I can't

as linux-headers-dev debian/postinst script

 

don't generate scripts/mod/modpost

and only scripts/basic/fixdep

 

any idea?

 

this is output from

make -d -s scripts

http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/fbhr37q8GF/

 

 

  • Author

I can confirm that 4.19 4.20 is fine and make -s scripts generate modpost and fixdep

but 5.0 don't

on sunxi64 at last

  • Author

I am looking at ubuntu 19.04

linux-headers-5.0.0-7-generic -contains builded versions of modpost and fixdep

linux-headers-5.0.0-7   - contains kernel headers

 

@Igor

do you remember where do you get inspiration for armbian based kernel headers package structure  and scripts ?

  • Author

so

make -s scripts -s prepare0 

fixed problem

I will make pull request

and it is working fine on linux 4.20 and 5.0

 

I didn't check  linux 3

But as it first run scripts part from makefile and then prepare0 it should be fine

  • Author

it don't solve my problem

now when I build mali kernel driver

and when I ismod mali.ko

I get this

 version magic '5.0.4 SMP mod_unload aarch64' should be '5.0.4-sunxi64 SMP mod_unload aarch64'

  • Author

Works fine on meson

but on sunxi64

for some reason in some part KERNELVERSION is 5.0.4 and in some other part 5.0.4-sunxi64

  • Author

@Igor

How armbian add suffix to kernel version?

in .config CONFIG_LOCALVERSION is empty

in Makefile EXTRAVERSION = is also empty

 

As when I set proper suffix in .config everything is working fine

Not working on meson64

    Must remake target 'scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o'.
    Successfully remade target file 'scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o'.
   Finished prerequisites of target file 'scripts/kconfig/conf'.
   Prerequisite 'FORCE' of target 'scripts/kconfig/conf' does not exist.
   Prerequisite 'scripts/kconfig/conf.o' is older than target 'scripts/kconfig/conf'.
   Prerequisite 'scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o' is older than target 'scripts/kconfig/conf'.
  Must remake target 'scripts/kconfig/conf'.
  Successfully remade target file 'scripts/kconfig/conf'.
 Finished prerequisites of target file 'syncconfig'.
Must remake target 'syncconfig'.
Putting child 0xaaaadc8b0780 (syncconfig) PID 31872 on the chain.
Live child 0xaaaadc8b0780 (syncconfig) PID 31872 
net/Kconfig:89: can't open file "net/wireguard/Kconfig"
Reaping losing child 0xaaaadc8b0780 PID 31872 
scripts/kconfig/Makefile:69: recipe for target 'syncconfig' failed
make[2]: *** [syncconfig] Error 1
Removing child 0xaaaadc8b0780 PID 31872 from chain.
Reaping losing child 0xaaaaf940e1f0 PID 31871 
Makefile:539: recipe for target 'syncconfig' failed
make[1]: *** [syncconfig] Error 2
Removing child 0xaaaaf940e1f0 PID 31871 from chain.
Reaping losing child 0xaaaaf5ebaec0 PID 31798 
Makefile:635: recipe for target 'include/config/auto.conf' failed
make: *** [include/config/auto.conf] Error 2
Removing child 0xaaaaf5ebaec0 PID 31798 from chain.
root@odroidc2:/usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.20-meson64# make -s scripts -s prepare0
net/Kconfig:89: can't open file "net/wireguard/Kconfig"
scripts/kconfig/Makefile:69: recipe for target 'syncconfig' failed
make[2]: *** [syncconfig] Error 1
Makefile:539: recipe for target 'syncconfig' failed
make[1]: *** [syncconfig] Error 2
Makefile:635: recipe for target 'include/config/auto.conf' failed
make: *** [include/config/auto.conf] Error 2

 

ok commented /usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.20-meson64/net/Kconfig works:

...

if INET

#source "net/wireguard/Kconfig"

source "net/ipv4/Kconfig"

source "net/ipv6/Kconfig"

source "net/netlabel/Kconfig"

 

endif # if INET

 

what a mess

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.