Hi everyone,
I am experiencing a persistent boot issue with my Orange Pi Win Plus running Armbian, used as a headless server.
The Problem: Whenever the board suffers a power loss (unplugged) or I issue a system reboot, it fails to start automatically. The power LED stays on, but the system/network never comes up. To get it to boot, I have to go through a frustrating manual routine: manually holding/pressing the power button, sometimes plugging/unplugging the HDMI cable, and repeating this process a couple of times before it finally kicks in.
What I have already checked/ruled out:
Power supply is NOT the issue: I have tested multiple different power adapters and tried powering the board through both the standard DC jack and the micro-USB port — the behavior remains identical.
I am running a clean Armbian setup, but the board refuses to perform a clean automated cold start or reboot on its own.
System Info & Configuration:
Plaintext
# PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
BOARD=orangepiwin
BOARD_NAME="Orange Pi Win"
BOARDFAMILY=sun50iw1
BUILD_REPOSITORY_URL=https://github.com/armbian/build
BUILD_REPOSITORY_COMMIT=fd4ebfd1e
LINUXFAMILY=sunxi64
ARCH=arm64
BOOT_SOC=
IMAGE_TYPE=nightly
BOARD_TYPE=csc
INITRD_ARCH=arm64
KERNEL_IMAGE_TYPE=Image
KERNEL_TARGET=current,edge,legacy
KERNEL_TEST_TARGET=current
FORCE_BOOTSCRIPT_UPDATE=
FORCE_UBOOT_UPDATE=
OVERLAY_DIR="/boot/dtb/allwinner/overlay"
VENDOR="Armbian"
VENDORCOLOR="247;16;0"
VENDORDOCS="https://docs.armbian.com"
VENDORURL="https://www.armbian.com/"
VENDORSUPPORT="https://forum.armbian.com"
VENDORBUGS="https://www.armbian.com/bugs"
BOOTSCRIPT_FORCE_UPDATE="no"
BOOTSCRIPT_DST="boot.cmd"
VERSION=26.11.0-trunk.25
REVISION=26.11.0-trunk.25
BRANCH=current
Linux orangepiwin 6.18.46-current-sunxi64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Aug 23 12:27:10 UTC 2026 aarch64 GNU/Linux
verbosity=1
bootlogo=false
console=both
disp_mode=1920x1080p60
overlay_prefix=sun50i-a64
rootdev=UUID=5aab4b22-0cdc-4f77-a4c4-f79a401b64df
rootfstype=ext4
overlays=
hdmi_blank=off
edid=false
disp_disable=1
usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u
Has anyone encountered this behavior on the Allwinner A64 platform? Is there a known workaround, device tree patch, or PMU/u-boot configuration to force this board to reliably boot up automatically after power restoration without requiring physical button presses or HDMI tricks?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!