Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

vtech

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by vtech

  1. I wanted to create a master image for the setup and then clone it on other sd card and just change the wifi name, password and IP address to get going with other location. However, it is not straight forward. I was expecting it to allow reconfiguration through armbian-config. However it seems like there is some other file which is used by amrbian imager to override the setting in armbian-config.
  2. One more observation. Whatever IP, Wifi Name and Password I set in armbian imager, I find it very difficult to overwritring them through armbian-config. It keeps falling back to the one set through armbian config profile. I have tried through ornage pi zero 2. Please let me know if someone else have faced this problem.
  3. Thank you everyone. There was nothing wrong with Armbian Imager. using last octave 255 was the problem. Changing it to 192.168.1.254 worked like a charm.
  4. Thank you Igor for the reply. There might be many like me which try to hook up Linux headless SBC over WiFi to be accessible with predefined IP address over a network. If it is not natively supported by Armnian imager? What would be th other way? I tried to create image using Armbian imager without any profile then tried to connect to wifi over static IP. But still it keeps assigning static IP to LAN. How to work around in this situation to configure static IP to wifi. Before imager, I used to simply flash the card by downloading the images from armbian.com and then using armbian-config, I could do what I described above. However now I am not able to make it work. Whatever static IP I try to assign to WiFi, it ends up getting assigned to LAN. Worst part, because now LAN IP is of same series, it make my life further difficult as two interfaces cannot have same IP series.
  5. I think is it bug. I enabled Wi-Fi. But the IP setting is getting applied for Ethernet (Refer SSH windows showing ethernet IP 192.168.1.255. Off course, because ethernet is assigned 192.168.1.xxx it will not even configure DHCP IP on WiFi in 192.168.1.xxx series.
  6. Armbian Imager Update ends up treating onboard microSD card as system drive. Is it possible to make onboard sd card program as a system drive by changing the setting to allow system drives. However it still exposes newbie to possible risk of ending up the SSD. Please keep SD card slot as an exception to be treated as system drive.
  7. Headless armbian minimal OS installation from armbian imager still expects SSH login to complete first time configuration I configured a static IP in armbian imager profile and root password and other user name and password and also other settings. I was expecting the orange pi zero 2W to come online and me to get ping on the set IP address. To my surprise it still asked for all those details as if the profile settings were not applied. SBC Orange Pi Zero 2W OS Armbian 26.11.0 Minimal Debian 13 Current 6.18.54 Armbian Imageer V2.0.4
  8. unless i add a tag "solved" it was not allowing me to post. Please neglect "solved" tag
  9. Armbian_24.2.1_Orangepizero2_bookworm_current_6.6.16_minimal This is working. Armbian_25.5.1_Orangepizero2_bookworm_current_6.12.23_minimal Armbian_community_26.8.0-trunk.7_Orangepizero2_trixie_current_6.18.41_minimal These two are not taking me to login screen even after waiting for 10 minutes after bootup. It gets stuck at line called starting kernel. I tried to boot multiple times hoping that new versions should be smooth. But it wasn't the case.
  10. I suppose this is a genuine problem if someone like me ships the hardware with user not competent to handle uart but would like to switch from default wifi config e.g. Wifi Name: Abc Password: Pqr with dynamic ip. To static IP 192.168.1.123 with destination wifi router with wifi name: Def and password: Xyz. In this case I would like to provide simple SOP to start hotspot on the phone and access putty on phone to switch to new wifi.
  11. Thank you eselarm for the reply. If it is possible to get simple SOP for running blinky program on any of the gpio of orange pi zero 2w in python, I can take it forward. I am trying to operate relays using orange pi zero 2w.
  12. I installed Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.130_Orangepizero2w_trixie_current_6.12.63_minimal and tried to follow the instructions on gpiod · PyPI. GPIO are not enabled in device tree.
  13. During first boot if the wifi router is not online, the whole setup skips wifi configuration. It would have good if it keeps scanning for new wifi names everytime it fails to connect to chosen option.
  14. i also tried installing network manager separately, however it is not able to override the wifi configurations. It was allowing in image files few months ago. But now it does not allow.
  15. Hello, I am facing situation where new armbian images e.g. Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.100_Orangepizero2w_trixie_current_6.12.63_minimal is coming without nmui. nmtui support one wifi configuration with dhcp while assigning static ip to other wifi. systemd-networkd does not support separate behaviour for two different wifi configruation. Requesting to provide nmtui which is more flexible. To elaborate the case, the dhcp is must for connecting to mobile hotspot which keeps on changing ip series. And for IoT project, I need static configuration. That's why i need armbian to allow dhcp when i am trying to ssh on mobile hotspot for initial configuration to and later switch to static ip of IoT project router.
  16. Thanks Igor for identifying the root cause. When will this fix be released so that I can used Orange pi Zero 2 with latest build with above problem fixed?
  17. Surprisingly the fresh installation gives so much trouble for typical first command like apt-get update. I suppose something is missing in this download. It's first time the command apt-get update did not work out of the box.
  18. _ _ _ _ _ /_\ _ _ _ __ | |__(_)__ _ _ _ __ ___ _ __ _ __ _ _ _ _ (_) |_ _ _ / _ \| '_| ' \| '_ \ / _` | ' \ / _/ _ \ ' \| ' \ || | ' \| | _| || | /_/ \_\_| |_|_|_|_.__/_\__,_|_||_|_\__\___/_|_|_|_|_|_\_,_|_||_|_|\__|\_, | |___| |__/ v25.8 rolling for Orange Pi Zero2 running Armbian Linux 6.12.30-current-sunxi64 Packages: Debian stable (bookworm) Updates: Kernel upgrade enabled and 1 package available for upgrade Support: for advanced users (rolling release) IPv4: (LAN) 192.168.1.51 (WAN) 103.112.33.59 Performance: Load: 38% Up time: 4 min Memory usage: 14% of 971M CPU temp: 49°C Usage of /: 17% of 7.2G Commands: Configuration : armbian-config Upgrade : armbian-upgrade Monitoring : htop root@orangepizero2:~# sudo apt-get update Get:1 http://security.debian.org bookworm-security InRelease [48.0 kB] Hit:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm InRelease Get:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm-updates InRelease [55.4 kB] Get:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm-backports InRelease [59.4 kB] Get:5 https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease [3,992 B] Get:7 http://security.debian.org bookworm-security/main arm64 Packages [262 kB] Get:6 https://netcup-03.armbian.com/beta bookworm InRelease [53.3 kB] Get:8 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm-backports/main arm64 Packages.diff/Index [63.3 kB] Err:5 https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 93D6889F9F0E78D5 Get:9 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm-backports/main arm64 Packages T-2025-06-12-0204.25-F-2025-06-01-1404.04.pdiff [10.4 kB] Get:9 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm-backports/main arm64 Packages T-2025-06-12-0204.25-F-2025-06-01-1404.04.pdiff [10.4 kB] Get:10 https://netcup-03.armbian.com/beta bookworm/bookworm-desktop all Packages [2,110 B] Get:11 https://netcup-03.armbian.com/beta bookworm/main all Packages [1,590 B] Get:12 https://netcup-03.armbian.com/beta bookworm/bookworm-utils all Packages [3,873 B] Get:13 https://netcup-03.armbian.com/beta bookworm/bookworm-utils arm64 Packages [29.8 kB] Get:14 https://netcup-03.armbian.com/beta bookworm/bookworm-desktop arm64 Packages [3,256 B] Get:15 https://netcup-03.armbian.com/beta bookworm/main arm64 Packages [261 kB] Fetched 857 kB in 5s (172 kB/s) Reading package lists... Done W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 93D6889F9F0E78D5 W: Failed to fetch https://github.armbian.com/configng/dists/stable/InRelease The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 93D6889F9F0E78D5 W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead. sudo gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 93D6889F9F0E78D5ro2:~# sudo gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 93D6889F9F0E78D5 gpg: directory '/root/.gnupg' created gpg: keybox '/root/.gnupg/pubring.kbx' created gpg: key 93D6889F9F0E78D5: 1 duplicate signature removed gpg: /root/.gnupg/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created gpg: key 93D6889F9F0E78D5: public key "Igor Pecovnik <igor@armbian.com>" imported gpg: Total number processed: 1 gpg: imported: 1 sudo gpg --export 93D6889F9F0E78D5 | sudo tee /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/armbian-configngapt-get update Hit:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm InRelease Get:2 https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease [3,992 B] Hit:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm-updates InRelease Hit:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm-backports InRelease Err:2 https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 93D6889F9F0E78D5 Hit:5 http://security.debian.org bookworm-security InRelease Hit:6 https://netcup-03.armbian.com/beta bookworm InRelease Reading package lists... Done W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 93D6889F9F0E78D5 W: Failed to fetch https://github.armbian.com/configng/dists/stable/InRelease The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 93D6889F9F0E78D5 W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead. root@orangepizero2:~#
  19. https://dl.armbian.com/orangepizero2/Bookworm_current_minimal Armbian_community_25.8.0-trunk.90_Orangepizero2_bookworm_current_6.12.30_minimal I am getting following error while trying to update. root@orangepizero2:~# sudo apt-get update Hit:1 http://security.debian.org bookworm-security InRelease Hit:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm InRelease Hit:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm-updates InRelease Hit:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm-backports InRelease Get:5 https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease [3,992 B] Err:5 https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 93D6889F9F0E78D5 Hit:6 https://netcup-03.armbian.com/beta bookworm InRelease Reading package lists... Done W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 93D6889F9F0E78D5 W: Failed to fetch https://github.armbian.com/configng/dists/stable/InRelease The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 93D6889F9F0E78D5 W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
  20. Armbian_community_25.5.0-trunk.538_Orangepizero2w_bookworm_current_6.12.23_minimal.img When try to boot. It get stuck trying to boot from emmc. It does not have emmc. After several power restart sometimes it boots form microsd. also it ask for tags which has only one option "Solved". I had to tag this topic as solved in order to be able to submit it.
  21. Armbian_community_25.5.0-trunk.334_Orangepizero3_noble_current_6.6.75_gnome_desktop.img I downloaded above image with assumption that it would open desktop on first powerup. However, it kept on opening command prompt on first power up. I also tried installating gnome desktop from armbian config and rebooting. Still it did not open desktop. Please guide. Thanks in advance.
  22. Thanks for the reply. Even if wiring pi is installed, the new release is having problem for enabling SPI from overlay or armbian-config. Is there any way, to ensure that the automated releases are having relevant things to make the minimal armbian OS run out of the box for target SBC for controlling the serial interfaces right first time? I tried Armbian_community_25.2.0-trunk.124_Orangepizero3_bookworm_current_6.6.62_minimal for Oranege Pi Zero 3. It gave problem for enabling SPI. I haven't checked yet if it was trouble for enabling other interfaces too. Can someone having orange pi zero 3 check this if SPI is visible in dev folder as soon as it is enabled in armbian config? What will be instructions for enabling that if it is not getting activated by simple selecting it to be enabled in armbian-config? The error was that the dtb file was missing. It will be great if these dtb files are ensured to be present for correct function of the GPIO related functions including serial ports.
  23. Thanks, Armbian for supporting users like us with community backed OS for SBCs which otherwise are struggling to maintain the OS software in synergy with their hardware product portfolio. The whole SBC paradigm revolves around accessing GPIO either as Inputs, Outputs, UARTs, SPI or I2C. If the main focus/priority is to get the UI up and running, there would be no difference between mainstream rooted phones/tablets and SBC. As a general observation, I have almost always struggled to run gpio based python scripts out of the box after loading minimal OS for multiple SBCs. As a humble request on behalf of whole community is to propose readiness for GPIO with wiringpi for python out of the box even for minimal OS after loading the downloaded image on SD card. Also, it will be great if enabling ports from armbian-config is working like a charm right first time. Sometimes, it is a struggle to carry out simple configuration of enabling the SPI. I suppose, both of the above features (1: Default presence of wiring pi for python 2: Right first-time configuration of required serial communication in armbian-config) are absolutely imperative. I am looking forward to other members to share their opinion and experience in this regard. I will be glad if my perspective is wrong and would like to end my struggle and anxiety of these two features when I am trying new minimal OS on any used or new model of SBC. Regards
  24. I also tried adding line "param_uart2_rtscts=1" to "/boot/armbianEnv.txt". This enabled GPIO Mode ALT2 for UART2_RTS and UART2_CTS. However, still no voltage changes on RTS or CTS pin when tried to send data over TX. Looking forward for help. Thanks in advance. P.S.: WiringPi (https://github.com/orangepi-xunlong/wiringOP.git) does not seem to be working for Orange Pi Zero 3 as it is showing H616 in output of gpio readall command Regards.
  25. I used python script with Orange pi zero 3 (Armbian_community_24.8.0-trunk.6_Orangepizero3_bookworm_current_6.6.31_minimal.img) Observation: 1) /dev/ttyS1 is actually Serial 2 as per pin diagram as per Orange Pi Zero 3 - Armbian web page 2) /dev/ttyS2 is actually Serial 5 as per pin diagram as per Orange Pi Zero 3 - Armbian web page 3) even if I set rtscts=True in crateing object ser in above script, there is no output on rts or cts pin. I am looking forward to have RTS pin remain high during transmission to easily integrate ic for RS485 communication. I was glad that Amrbian for Orange Pi Zero 3 has out of the box RTS CTS pin support which otherwise is a complicated matter for me. Please guide how to make the serial port work along with RTS pin to remain high during transmission of data. Regards

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.