Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nino

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nino

  1. Hi Igor Thanks for stepping in. I followed the path out of curiosity. My RockPro64 usually runs 2.5" SMR SATA disks, so pcie x1 is not a real bottleneck I tried tinkering some more, but I cannot reproduce the original pcie probing failure (the patch is of course disabled). I rebooted many times, then set bus scan delay to 0ms (same as in andrewz1 PR) rebooted some more. But never got the training timeout error. Do I need a specific configuration or a specific hardware to reproduce the issue?
  2. Narrowed the issue down by testing older Armbian builds - Armbian 23.02 with 5.15.96 Kernel -> x4 link working - Armbian 23.8 with 6.1.50 Kernel -> x4 link working Comparing the patches between 6.1 and 6.6 shows a new patch related to PCIe: https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/main/patch/kernel/archive/rockchip64-6.6/rk3399-fix-pci-phy.patch Building an image without this patch indeed fixes the issue: Linux rockpro64 6.6.30-current-rockchip64 LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s (downgraded), Width x4 (ok) So this patch does not work as expected but simply removing it is probably not an acceptable solution. Can anyone with more understanding of PCI have a look into it? Edit: I also commented on the pull request that introduced the patch: https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/6057
  3. Hi I installed a nvme SSD to my rockpro64 (with a generic PCIe adapter card). Somehow it only uses a x1 link instead of x4. I also observed the same behaviour with a x2 SATA card (only x1 link established). Output of lspci: LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s (downgraded), Width x1 (downgraded) To rule out hardware issues, I also tried the same setup with Manjaro-ARM which correctly negotiates a x4 link. LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s (downgraded), Width x4 dmesg for Armbian [ 2.221206] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: host bridge /pcie@f8000000 ranges: [ 2.221296] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: MEM 0x00fa000000..0x00fbdfffff -> 0x00fa000000 [ 2.221334] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: IO 0x00fbe00000..0x00fbefffff -> 0x00fbe00000 [ 2.222953] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: supply vpcie1v8 not found, using dummy regulator [ 2.223187] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: supply vpcie0v9 not found, using dummy regulator [ 2.286376] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: wait 1000 ms (from device tree) before bus scan [ 3.298661] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: PCI host bridge to bus 0000:00 [ 3.309542] pcieport 0000:00:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002) [ 3.310052] pcieport 0000:00:00.0: PME: Signaling with IRQ 58 [ 3.310984] pcieport 0000:00:00.0: AER: enabled with IRQ 58 virtually identical for Manjaro-ARM [ 1.114557] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: host bridge /pcie@f8000000 ranges: [ 1.114626] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: MEM 0x00fa000000..0x00fbdfffff -> 0x00fa000000 [ 1.114655] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: IO 0x00fbe00000..0x00fbefffff -> 0x00fbe00000 [ 1.115937] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: supply vpcie1v8 not found, using dummy regulator [ 1.116100] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: supply vpcie0v9 not found, using dummy regulator [ 1.176874] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: wait 1000 ms (from device tree) before bus scan [ 2.234398] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: PCI host bridge to bus 0000:00 [ 2.274272] pcieport 0000:00:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002) [ 2.274780] pcieport 0000:00:00.0: PME: Signaling with IRQ 58 [ 2.275722] pcieport 0000:00:00.0: AER: enabled with IRQ 58 I also compared the device trees for Armbian and Manjaro. There are no differences as well. Has anyone a hint for me what I could try to get the x4 link established?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.