Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

joejoe44

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by joejoe44

  1. On my Debian13 VM that I use to build images for my boards, I have started to notice new errors that I have not seen before after this part of the logs... [🐳|🌱] After updating and cleaning image apt list cache [ 30 files ] [🐳|🌱] Image installed package hash [ ✅ base-files = 1-trixie-1armbian1-Bb095-U13.8--deb13u4-R55fa ] [🐳|🌱] Image installed package hash [ ✅ linux-image-current-rockchip64 = 6.18.26-S1fe0-Dedd0-P1f35-Cc077-H8200-HK01ba-Vc222-Bed86-R448a ] [🐳|🌱] Image installed package hash [ ✅ armbian-firmware = 1-SAa38b-B96c8-R448a ] [🐳|🌱] Image installed package hash [ ✅ armbian-bsp-cli-rockpro64-current = 1-PC1e15-V9ab0-H3400-Bd2e9-Rf36a ] [🐳|🌱] Image installed package hash [ ✅ linux-u-boot-rockpro64-current = 2025.01-S6d41-P6e2c-Hbf76-V6f3c-Be4e9-R448a ] [🐳|🌱] Image installed package hash [ ✅ linux-dtb-current-rockchip64 = 6.18.26-S1fe0-Dedd0-P1f35-Cc077-H8200-HK01ba-Vc222-Bed86-R448a ] [🐳|🔨] removed '/armbian/.tmp/rootfs-no-uuidgen-yet-15898-49210/etc/resolv.conf' [🐳|🔨] removed '/armbian/.tmp/rootfs-no-uuidgen-yet-15898-49210/sbin/initctl' [🐳|🔨] removed '/armbian/.tmp/rootfs-no-uuidgen-yet-15898-49210/sbin/start-stop-daemon' [🐳|🔨] removed '/armbian/.tmp/rootfs-no-uuidgen-yet-15898-49210/usr/sbin/policy-rc.d' [🐳|🌱] Removing qemu-user-static binary from chroot [ qemu-aarch64-static during image ] [🐳|🔨] removed '/armbian/.tmp/rootfs-no-uuidgen-yet-15898-49210/usr/bin/qemu-aarch64-static' [🐳|🌱] Unmounting [ /armbian/.tmp/rootfs-no-uuidgen-yet-15898-49210 ] Once the unmounting of rootfs-nouuidgen-yet begins I notice the following errors spam in the logs, 1000+ lines, and finally the target unmounts successfully and the image finishes building. The images still boot fine. umount: /armbian/.tmp/rootfs-no-uuidgen-yet-15898-49210/dev: target is busy. [🐳|🔨] tmpfs /armbian/.tmp/rootfs-no-uuidgen-yet-15898-49210/dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,size=65536k,mode=755,inode64 0 0 umount: /armbian/.tmp/rootfs-no-uuidgen-yet-15898-49210/dev/pts: not mounted. umount: /armbian/.tmp/rootfs-no-uuidgen-yet-15898-49210/dev: target is busy. umount: /armbian/.tmp/rootfs-no-uuidgen-yet-15898-49210/proc: not mounted. umount: /armbian/.tmp/rootfs-no-uuidgen-yet-15898-49210/sys: not mounted umount: /armbian/.tmp/rootfs-no-uuidgen-yet-15898-49210/tmp: not mounted. umount: /armbian/.tmp/rootfs-no-uuidgen-yet-15898-49210/var/tmp: not mounted. umount: /armbian/.tmp/rootfs-no-uuidgen-yet-15898-49210/run/user/0: not mounted. Is there a way to adjust some kind of timeout for this to prevent the massive amount of "target is busy" outputs in the logs? Thank you for any help or insights!
  2. $ grep -i error /var/log/armbian-hardware-monitor.log [ 2.990779] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: probe with driver rockchip-pcie failed with error -110 Looking at this I see the following: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/linux-pci/patch/20210421083115.30213-1-jinsiyu940203@163.com/ "In function rockchip_pcie_host_init_port(), it defines a timeout value of 500ms to wait for pcie training. However, it is not enough for samsung PM953 SSD drive and realtek RTL8111F network adapter, which leads to the following errors: [ 0.879663] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: PCIe link training gen1 timeout! [ 0.880284] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: deferred probe failed [ 0.880932] rockchip-pcie: probe of f8000000.pcie failed with error -110 The pcie spec only defines the min time of training, not the max one. So set a proper timeout value is important. Change the value to 1000ms will fix this bug." Is it possible for team to add patch such as ../patch/kernel/rockchip64-current/0002-rockchip-pcie-increase-timeout.patch which contains the fix specified in the patchwork.ozlabs.org link above? A humble thank you for any more help and consideration on this!
  3. That solves it thank you very much for your time! If I want to change between boards like Rockpro64, Raspberry Pi4, etc. is there anything that needs to be considered as far as "reset" to a fresh state. For the guide I am writing I would like to make sure there is no lingering configuration that could cause problems when switching between builds for different boards.
  4. By exiting the docker container and installing qemu-user-static in the host system, I was able to run the build again and progress. Appreciate the tip thank you! One final issue that I notice is when I am attempting to use customize-image.sh to install openssh-server package. As you can see by these logs it reaches "Setting up openssh-server (1:9.2p1-2+deb12u6) ..." but then script hangs and never progresses. [🐳|🔨] Fetched 13.0 MB in 5s (2,701 kB/s) [🐳|🔨] Reading package lists... [🐳|🔨] Reading package lists... [🐳|🔨] Building dependency tree... [🐳|🔨] Reading state information... [🐳|🔨] The following additional packages will be installed: [🐳|🔨] libssl3 (3.0.16-1~deb12u1) [🐳|🔨] openssh-client (1:9.2p1-2+deb12u6) [🐳|🔨] openssh-sftp-server (1:9.2p1-2+deb12u6) [🐳|🔨] openssl (3.0.16-1~deb12u1) [🐳|🔨] Suggested packages: [🐳|🔨] keychain (2.8.5-3) [🐳|🔨] libpam-ssh [🐳|🔨] monkeysphere [🐳|🔨] ssh-askpass (1:1.2.4.1-16) [🐳|🔨] molly-guard (0.7.2) [🐳|🔨] ufw (0.36.2-1) [🐳|🔨] Recommended packages: [🐳|🔨] xauth (1:1.1.2-1) [🐳|🔨] The following packages will be upgraded: [🐳|🔨] libssl3 (3.0.15-1~deb12u1 => 3.0.16-1~deb12u1) [🐳|🔨] openssh-client (1:9.2p1-2+deb12u5 => 1:9.2p1-2+deb12u6) [🐳|🔨] openssh-server (1:9.2p1-2+deb12u5 => 1:9.2p1-2+deb12u6) [🐳|🔨] openssh-sftp-server (1:9.2p1-2+deb12u5 => 1:9.2p1-2+deb12u6) [🐳|🔨] openssl (3.0.15-1~deb12u1 => 3.0.16-1~deb12u1) [🐳|🔨] 5 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 17 not upgraded. [🐳|🔨] Need to get 4,617 kB of archives. [🐳|🔨] After this operation, 1,024 B of additional disk space will be used. [🐳|🔨] Get:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main arm64 libssl3 arm64 3.0.16-1~deb12u1 [1,812 kB] [🐳|🔨] Get:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main arm64 openssh-sftp-server arm64 1:9.2p1-2+deb12u6 [60.7 kB] [🐳|🔨] Get:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main arm64 openssh-server arm64 1:9.2p1-2+deb12u6 [413 kB] [🐳|🔨] Get:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main arm64 openssh-client arm64 1:9.2p1-2+deb12u6 [937 kB] [🐳|🔨] Get:5 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main arm64 openssl arm64 3.0.16-1~deb12u1 [1,395 kB] [🐳|🔨] Preconfiguring packages ... [🐳|🔨] Fetched 4,617 kB in 1s (6,157 kB/s) (Reading database ... 26620 files and directories currently installed.)e ... [🐳|🔨] Preparing to unpack .../libssl3_3.0.16-1~deb12u1_arm64.deb ... [🐳|🔨] Unpacking libssl3:arm64 (3.0.16-1~deb12u1) over (3.0.15-1~deb12u1) ... [🐳|🔨] Preparing to unpack .../openssh-sftp-server_1%3a9.2p1-2+deb12u6_arm64.deb ... [🐳|🔨] Unpacking openssh-sftp-server (1:9.2p1-2+deb12u6) over (1:9.2p1-2+deb12u5) ... [🐳|🔨] Preparing to unpack .../openssh-server_1%3a9.2p1-2+deb12u6_arm64.deb ... [🐳|🔨] Unpacking openssh-server (1:9.2p1-2+deb12u6) over (1:9.2p1-2+deb12u5) ... [🐳|🔨] Preparing to unpack .../openssh-client_1%3a9.2p1-2+deb12u6_arm64.deb ... [🐳|🔨] Unpacking openssh-client (1:9.2p1-2+deb12u6) over (1:9.2p1-2+deb12u5) ... [🐳|🔨] Preparing to unpack .../openssl_3.0.16-1~deb12u1_arm64.deb ... [🐳|🔨] Unpacking openssl (3.0.16-1~deb12u1) over (3.0.15-1~deb12u1) ... [🐳|🔨] Setting up libssl3:arm64 (3.0.16-1~deb12u1) ... [🐳|🔨] Setting up openssl (3.0.16-1~deb12u1) ... [🐳|🔨] Setting up openssh-client (1:9.2p1-2+deb12u6) ... [🐳|🔨] Setting up openssh-sftp-server (1:9.2p1-2+deb12u6) ... [🐳|🔨] Setting up openssh-server (1:9.2p1-2+deb12u6) ... The command used in customize-image.sh to install is simply: apt-get install -y open-ssh Since I used the -y flag I don't think any user input is needed, so not sure yet what I am missing. Any tips are greatly appreciate as I troubleshoot. Other than this issue with openssh-server, the build worked out ok! I will write some guides and share for other Qubes OS users.
  5. Hello I am using a Debian 12 VM on Qubes OS 4.2 to attempt to build an Armbian image for a Rockpro64. As you can see by the build logs, these 3 commands are failing: update-binfmts --enable qemu-arm update-binfmts --enable qemu-aarch64 update-binfmts --enable qemu-riscv64 Then arch-test command output causes script to error out with: arm64: not supported on this machine/kernel So far I have attempted to enter the docker container and manually run the command but I get this error: root@1631353b980f:/armbian# update-binfmts --enable qemu-arm update-binfmts: warning: qemu-arm not in database of installed binary formats. update-binfmts: exiting due to previous errors Any help is greatly appreciated as I continue to try solving this, thank you!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.