Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jimbolaya

Poweruser
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jimbolaya

  1. I wanted to try out running a Servarr stack. I decided to go the usenet route, so I installed SABnzbd. It created "/armbian/sabnzbd" and three directories under that, "config", "download" and "incomplete", which matches the recommenations. Next, I installed Sonarr for TV, which created "/armbian/sonarr" and three directories under that, "config", "download" and "tvseries". While "/armbian/sonarr" and "/armbian/sabnzbd" are owned by my user, the "download" directory and "tvseries" directories were owned by root. So, I changed the ownership to my user, but it still wasn't working right. I read up on how these containers are supposed to interact, but it looks like there should be a common download directory. Since SABnzbd has a download directory, I moved the "download" directory in "/armbian/sonarr" to a different name and then linked the "/armbian/sabnzbd/download" directory to "/armbian/sonarr/download" and the Sonarr "tvseries" directory started filling up. Radarr and Lidarr should be set up similarly and will have root owned "download" and "movies"/"music" directories. With a common "download" directory, all the files started poplulating. Another piece of the stack is Bazarr. Installing Bazarr "/armbian/bazarr/tv" and "/armbian/bazarr/movies" are created, but they don't point to the Sonarr and Radarr "tvseries" and "movies" directories. So that has to be fixed. One note is that you must stop each container before you change the directories. Please add any other ideas for improvement or notes on how you got things to work here.
  2. Oh, dang. I feel so stupid. I tried updating my helios4 but it failed, so I started from a new image. I forgot I still had the old image somewhere. I found the old sys-oled python script and copied it over and now it works. Still, it seems like there's got to be a better way to do this.
  3. All the variants of sys-oled including the the one mentioned in the wiki at kobol pull in their own luma.oled library, which Armbian (and Debian for that matter) complain about with error: externally-managed-environment If I try to use the package python3-luma.oled, it doesn't really work (see prior posts in this thread). I will eventually figure out how to get this all running in venv and have systemct start it up. But that wont be for a while.
  4. That's what I'm using. > OLED support is available. I'm not sure what this means. There doesn't appear to be a package or any software installed for it. Do you have a place for me to look? Unfortunately, the answer for was really not very helpful. If I get it working, I'll post what I learn here, but I was unable to find any notes on that particularly on the forums or the Helios4 page. Thank you for your time. James
  5. I've been trying to get the sys-oled script working in Trixie, but I'm pretty out of my depth here. I started with https://github.com/helios-4/sys-oled.git and https://github.com/rpardini/sys-oled-hc4.git /usr/bin/python3 /usr/local/bin/sys-oled --display sh1106 --i2c-port 0 --rotate 2 Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/bin/sys-oled", line 140, in <module> device = get_device() File "/usr/local/bin/sys-oled", line 56, in get_device device = cmdline.create_device(args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/luma/core/cmdline.py", line 241, in create_device device = Device(serial_interface=interface(), **params) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/luma/oled/device/__init__.py", line 75, in __init__ self.command( ~~~~~~~~~~~~^ self._const.DISPLAYOFF, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ...<11 lines>... self._const.SETVCOMDETECT, 0x20, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ self._const.CHARGEPUMP, 0x14) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/luma/core/device.py", line 48, in command self._serial_interface.command(*cmd) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/luma/core/interface/serial.py", line 93, in command self._bus.write_i2c_block_data(self._addr, self._cmd_mode, ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ list(cmd)) ^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/smbus2/smbus2.py", line 643, in write_i2c_block_data ioctl(self.fd, I2C_SMBUS, msg) ~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ OSError: [Errno 6] No such device or address The script wants to compile luma.core on it's own and Trixie throws up some walls to that. I was hoping to use the system libraries, so I installed python3-luma.core and python3-luma.oled. I'm not sure if it's better to override Trixie and just install the luma.core from the script. Does anyone have any experience with this? Will I need to redo this with a Python venv?
  6. Unfortunately I don't have experience with the onboard flash, but I've never had an issue with the serial port. You've tried different cables i assume?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.