Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

espressobin emmc boot

Featured Replies

Hi

 

I want to boot from emmc(all bootloader ,rootfs and kernel are in emmc).

Now I can boot kernel from SD card and emmc (bootloader in spi nor flash.), and it works well.

At present ,I have got the flash-image.bin by  ATF using BOOTDEV=EMMCNORM  option and copy this one to emmc partition 1(mmcblk0p1  179:1    0  7.3G  0 part)

Then i changed the jumper to emmc boot mode and reboot the board ,but uboot can not up .The output just show ">"  "E"

 

Can anyone tell me how should I do.

 

Thanks 

  • Author

I have boot from emmc successfully using  espressobin-emmcloader-cpu-1000-ddr4-2cs-1g-atf-g39a62a1-uboot-g14aeedc-20180601-REL.bin which provided by armbian .

But the board still can not boot using flash-image-bin which i build as espressobin wiki said.

The problem is why their size are very different.

The espressobin-emmcloader-cpu-1000-ddr4-2cs-1g-atf-g39a62a1-uboot-g14aeedc-20180601-REL.bin is only 828732 Byte

But the image which i build flash-image.bin is 4194304Byte. And the mmc boot partition is only 2M .

 

Thansk 

Hi jasonz@silicom.co.il,

 

how did you set up/format your SD card? How exactly did you copy the U-Boot binary on it to make it work? I am struggling with a similar problem, using the Espressobin v5. Also where exactly did you find that image you mentioned (espressobin-emmcloader-cpu-1000-ddr4-2cs-1g-atf-g39a62a1-uboot-g14aeedc-20180601-REL.bin)? I cannot find it.

 

Best regards,

Andre

  • Author
On 9/13/2019 at 10:39 PM, Shirohige said:

Hi jasonz@silicom.co.il,

 

how did you set up/format your SD card? How exactly did you copy the U-Boot binary on it to make it work? I am struggling with a similar problem, using the Espressobin v5. Also where exactly did you find that image you mentioned (espressobin-emmcloader-cpu-1000-ddr4-2cs-1g-atf-g39a62a1-uboot-g14aeedc-20180601-REL.bin)? I cannot find it.

 

Best regards,

Andre

Hi Shirohige,

 

About how to set up/format on SD card ,you can refer to espressobin wiki http://wiki.espressobin.net/tiki-index.php?page=Boot+from+removable+storage+-+Buildroot

I assume that you ask how to copy the U-Boot bin to emmc .

You can try below:(mmcblk0 is mmc device)

echo 0 | tee /sys/block/mmcblk0boot0/force_ro

dd if=flash-image.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0boot0 conv=fdatasync

 

Don't forget to change the jumper to eMMC boot mode.

I download the Binary from here https://dl.armbian.com/espressobin/u-boot/ 

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.