Marvell mvebu
Community maintained Marvell SoC based boards
165 topics in this forum
-
Hi all, I came upon a few threads in this forum while working on the bootloader for my ESPRESSObin Ultra. I noticed all of the warnings here about CPU frequency (https://www.armbian.com/espressobin/#), and I think this community might be interested in the work I'm doing. I've have an ESPRESSObin Ultra which ships from Globalscale with old, buggy, and unmaintained firmware. I think the old firmware could explain a lot of the issues users have reported here with the V7. I forked the old factory firmware build script from Globalscale and moved it all to up-to-date, upstream projects: https://github.com/bschnei/ebu-bootloader I believe with some small modific…
-
Reputation Points
- 33 replies
- 9k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Where to find u-boot files? Download link from source page for EspressoBin doesn't work: https://www.armbian.com/espressobin/ gets you here:
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Recently acquired an Espressobin Ultra. When I attach an ssd (a Kingston 500GB NVMe 2280 M.2) to it the device won't start. It displays no sign of powering on. I have tried two different SSDs. no difference. Without one attached as soon as power sis applied all the ethernet interface LEDs flash briefly. With the SSD card that doesn't happen. There is no activity at the console. Do I need to change jumpers or do some other setting at the Marvell prompt before attaching it? Help would be much appreciated. Many thanks LA.
-
😭
-
Reputation Points
- 25 replies
- 9.6k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I installed the latest stable (and updated) debian image on clearfogpro from SD card. I then chose "boot from SD, install on SATA ..." as I have a M.2 SSD card which is viewed as /dev/sda device, with the "armbian-install" utility. However, this one does not offer to boot directly from M2. SSD, which should be possible as there is a DIP switch configuration for it. I tried to burn the iso image on sata with "dd" and then, to "dd" the u-boot.sata on "/dev/sda" (bs=512 seek=1). When switching to sata boot (dip switch), it begins well, the sata device is found, but nothing happens after, the iso image is not loaded. …
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 8.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi folks, I've been trying to compile an image for the EspressoBin since yesterday. Unfortunately I get the following error every time I run it. Other boards work fine. Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_Khadas-vim2_bookworm_edge_6.13.7.img Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_Rockpro64_bookworm_edge_6.14.0-rc4.img Why is this only with the EspressoBin can someone help me ? Kind regards StarSurfer Spoiler [💲|🔨] trusted-secure-firmware.bin trusted-secure-firmware-uart.bin trusted-secure-firmware-emmc.bin \ [💲|🔨] untrusted-secure-firmware.bin untrusted-secure-firmware-emmc.bin [💲|🔨] make -C wtmi CROSS_CM…
-
I don't use my Clearfog Base as a filer or anything, but I much prefer to have some snappy storage on systems that I access frequently - and since this system is my firewall, I end up working on it often enough. When I'm not at home it's often where I push files - so running off an SD card is right out. For years now I've been using an m.2 SATA drive which has been fine, but it's got a minipcie slot just sitting there that I've never used... it's not particularly fast (PCIe gen 1 x1) but with one of these and an m.2 NVMe drive (the older the better...), you can get much better perf than SATA. You can't boot off it (at least I don't know how to make that happen) but it's e…
-
Hello everybody, I would like to sell my helios4 and helios64. They weren't in operation much and are like new. So they are perfect for spare parts or to use them as a complete replacement. I really like the products but I don't want the hustle of fiddling around with every new armbian release. So if anybody is interested you can contact me and/or write here a comment. Thank you very much!
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 5.6k views
-
-
Hello everyone, I would like to sell my Helios64. The NAS is in excellent condition, and has been used with care. It is ready to be configured according to your needs. I did not make the fix to take advantage of 2.5Gb/s connectivity (2.5G Ethernet Issue at 1Gbps Link Speed). I bought it for $285.00 + $28.00 shipping + $45.00 customs clearance + $15.00 for a 2.5" adapter (KOB-H64-ADP-01) (SSD support for the system). Total = $373.00 (~€340) I can provide purchase invoices for these amounts. You can make me your offer proposals. Here are some photos : Best regards, Flolm
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I try to boot for first time an espresso bin v5, I followed the advice in (Espressobin / Ultra – Armbian](https://www.armbian.com/espressobin/) and updated my uboot, and reset the environment. env default -a ## Resetting to default environment I added the image and fdt address with: setenv fdt_name boot/dtb/marvell/armada-3720-espressobin.dtb setenv image_name boot/Image setenv scriptaddr 0x6d00000 The last line is after seeing in the forum that this setting has been erased when resetting the default environment my environment is now: When I try to boot, it seems to load the initrd but never complete the boot I get: Marvell>&…
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 6.7k views
- 3 followers
-
-
https://gist.github.com/voltagex/1dae7c0bf153c76a49bea407f932be69 if anyone's interested.
-
This is just to report, that Image file Armbian_23.11.1_Espressobin_bookworm_current_5.15.139.img.xz is not mounting. Downloaded from https://armbian.site-meganet.com/dl/espressobin/archive/Armbian_23.11.1_Espressobin_bookworm_current_5.15.139.img.xz Mounting from loop or from USB gives the same error: # mount /dev/loop0p1 /mnt/img/ mount: /mnt/img: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0p1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error Is there other working image?
-
I was able to boot from a SATA disk that was manually setup with a GPT-formatted table and a debootstrap'ed debian arm64 kernel. The GPT partitions included: 1. BIOS from sector 34-2047, no filesystem 2. ESP from 2048-409599 (which u-boot calls bootable even if the flag isn't set), vfat filesystem 3. XBOOTLDR from 409600-819199 with bootable flag set (0x4), ext4 FS without journal 4. linux swap 5. ARM64 root (gdisk type 8305) with bit 60 set (read-only), ext4 without journal 6. linux /var (gdisk type 8310), ext4, with /srv/ and /home/ bind-mounted from /var/local/ The bootscripts/extlinux configuration live in /boot, onto which i…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello All, root:# hwclock --systohc root:# while true; do date; hwclock -r; sleep 60; done observing drift of 1 sec. even tried this https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/2352/commits/59cdf431ef691d67d649adbfaf973f9d451823bc#diff-dc13c5522aed383d1b20662d765c5be9f2635553256069dce64f29be94f89b69 specs: Armada 38x RTC driver ARM_GLOBAL_TIMER Board : Marvell Armada A385 DB AP Kernel : 4.14 community help will be grateful Regards Hardik
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 4k views
-
-
I was running espressobin v7 with Welcome to Armbian 21.08.1 Bullseye with Linux 5.10.60-mvebu64 and made an upgrade in a regular way : # apt upgrade The following packages will be upgraded: apache2 apache2-bin apache2-data apache2-dev apache2-utils armbian-bsp-cli-espressobin armbian-config armbian-firmware armbian-zsh asterisk asterisk-config asterisk-modules asterisk-voicemail avahi-autoipd base-files bash curl deb.torproject.org-keyring dirmngr distro-info-data dpkg dpkg-dev ffmpeg gnupg gnupg-l10n gnupg-utils gnupg2 gpg gpg-agent gpg-wks-client gpg-wks-server gpgconf gpgsm gpgv gzip hostapd ifenslave inetutils-inetd inetutils-telnet …
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 9.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Dear community, I'm trying to add some storage to espressobin board and idea to utilize existing mini pcie socket for that was very appealing. I have bought Mini PCI-E to NVME Adapter on aliexpress (PCI-E to NVME Adapter) and Samsung PM991a 256Gb drive. To my surprise it is almost worked immediately - drive is detected and appeared in system as nvme device. The next step would be to check if it works and I was hit by a failure immediately, Reading from drive using dd command seems to work for first 19 Mb's seems to work, but attempt to ready anything beyond 20 Mb mark produces drive freeze and then disconnect. Drive becomes unusable until p…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
TIM-1.0 mv_ddr-devel-g251bc63 DDR4 16b 2GB 2CS WTMI-devel-18.12.1-1d97715 WTMI: system early-init SVC REV: 5, CPU VDD voltage: 1.213V Setting clocks: CPU 1200 MHz, DDR 750 MHz CZ.NIC's Armada 3720 Secure Firmware 0b68a33-dirty (May 16 2022 17:51:06) Running on ESPRESSObin NOTICE: Booting Trusted Firmware NOTICE: BL1: v2.6(release):a921da5e NOTICE: BL1: Built : 17:55:48, May 16 2022 NOTICE: BL1: Booting BL2 NOTICE: BL2: v2.6(release):a921da5e NOTICE: BL2: Built : 17:55:48, May 16 2022 NOTICE: BL1: Booting BL31 NOTICE: BL31: v2.6(release):a921da5e NOTICE: BL31: Built : 17:55:48, May 16 2022 U-Boot 2022.04-armbian (May 16 2022 - 17:50:52 +0000) DRAM: 2 GiB Core:…
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 6.6k views
-
-
Folks, it has been a long time since I messed around with my ebin v5, but just wanted give it a second chance as I need to do something about my EOL Cubietruck (and my "broken" NT4 domain). So I started a second attempt with "Armbian_22.08.1_Espressobin_bullseye_current_5.15.63" just a few days ago, but didn't got much further than updating uboot and to apt update / upgrade the system, before I got distracted again. In the meantime I noticed the new "Armbian_22.11.1_Espressobin_bullseye_current_5.15.80" and I thought it would be a better idea starting from scratch with that version. However, when I boot this up from SD the only interfac…
-
Hi eveyone, I am coming from a a hint off Github here: https://github.com/armbian/documentation/issues/165. Igor was so kind and redirected me to this community. I am struggling since beginning christmas to get my EspressoBin to latest versions out of dusty 2018 images. Device EspressoBin v7 DDR4 1G 1000_800Mhz Baseline - What did I do? - Update U-Boot according https://www.armbian.com/espressobin to devel-18.12.3 - Flashed SD-Card with armbian Focal via Balena according https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/ - Updated Boot Environment according https://www.armbian.com/espressobin/#kernels-archi…
-
Reputation Points
- 172 replies
- 57k views
- 6 followers
-
-
I flashed my espressobin v7 with bubt flash-image-DDR4-1g_1cs_5-1000_800.bin spi usb and set u-boot prompt: printenv ethaddr env default -a saveenv After the boot printenv: TIM-1.0 mv_ddr-devel-g251bc63 DDR4 16b 1GB 1CS WTMI-devel-18.12.1-1d97715 WTMI: system early-init CPU VDD voltage default value: 1.155V Setting clocks: CPU 1000 MHz, DDR 800 MHz CZ.NIC's Armada 3720 Secure Firmware 0b68a33-dirty (May 16 2022 17:51:06) Running on ESPRESSObin NOTICE: Booting Trusted Firmware NOTICE: BL1: v2.6(release):a921da5e NOTICE: BL1: Built : 17:54:27, May 16 2022 NOTICE: BL1: Booting BL2 NOTICE: BL2: v2.6(release):a921da5e N…
-
Starting resolvconf-pull-resolved.service... [ OK ] Finished resolvconf-pull-resolved.service. Starting resolvconf-pull-resolved.service... [ OK ] Finished resolvconf-pull-resolved.service. Starting resolvconf-pull-resolved.service... [ OK ] Finished resolvconf-pull-resolved.service. Starting resolvconf-pull-resolved.service... [ OK ] Finished resolvconf-pull-resolved.service. [ ***] A start job is running for Wait for… to be Configured (57s / no limit) I stay here for a long time every time I start... Does anyone know why? Then an error message appears: [ OK ] Finished resolvconf-pull-resolved.service. …
-
Hello Everyone! In the company where I am, we are migrating the current Zynq architecture with DDR3 to Armada 3700 family with DDR4. Before deciding to migrate, we bought some espressobin and were delighted with this product. We have therefore attempted to develop two cards that use the armada A3700 processor without success. We concluded that the problem is HW but we don't know exactly where. I have done numerous tests. I try to summarize the key points as briefly as possible. Our board uses DDR4 MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E with Armada 88F3720-A0-BVB2I080-P123. We have created a TIM, WTMI, Uboot package using A3700-utils-marvell, mv-ddr-m…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello to you! I was using Arch Linux ARM on my Clearfog Pro for years. Then things got bad. I think it's a bad combination to have a distro with the most up-to-date software while developers are rapidly abandoning and not testing 32-bit Linux software. First wget became incompatible with gnutls and then programs in coreutils that use utmp started malfunctioning. The last straw was the system became unbootable, issuing a message about ext4 "ext4fs_devread read outside partition 18446744073709551440". I switched to Armbian but now I'm at a loss as to how to configure DSA on the Clearfog Pro. I installed the mv88e6xxx but the LAN ports on …
-
Hi, Trying to get the latest U-Boot working on my ESPRESSObin board - a v5, DDR3, 1 GB, 1cs version. I have no issues flashing it, and tftpbooting ... with the "old" supplied U-Boot. But wanting to run a recent version of OpenWrt on the board, so trying to update U-Boot. I flashed the latest version of U-Boot for it ... U-Boot comes up fine (I have serial access), but - ethernet seems to have an issue (for tftpboot, or even ping), I get, => ping 192.168.2.1 (NULL udevice *): mvneta_setup_txqs: can't create txq=0 Using ethernet@30000 device timeout: packet not sent timeout: packet not sent timeout: packet not sent timeout: packet not se…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 4.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
not an expert in device-tree, anybody knows how enable uart2/uart4? dts is attached. expressobin v7 mainline many thanks. armada-3720-espressobin-v7.dts
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I flashed my espressobin v5 with flash-image-DDR4-1g_1cs_5-1000_800.bin After the boot it tries to boot from a network source instead of sdcard. printenv I dont know how it got to this point all I want now is to be able to boot from sdcard. Any thoughts or ideas?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
Getting stuck out of the gate (of course never goes as documented🤣) https://puhoy.github.io/posts/armbian_on_espressobin/ While attempting to flash the required uboot update I keep getting a "permission" type error I've tried with usb stick and sd card, formated ext4, formatted fat and various permutations including simple filename....all give the same error even though usb and mmc commands say the media is there This is a v5. I have an identical one I set up a few years ago with ubuntu 18 but I did not have to flash this new uboot. Any thoughts? Do one of the jumpers have to be set in order to flash? …
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everyone, i build a own Image for the EspressoBin and it wont boot. In the u-boot log shows boot.scr but on the Image himself is just a boot.scr.uimg. What is the problem ? Greetings StarSurfer Model: Marvell Armada 3720 Community Board ESPRESSOBin Net: eth0: neta@30000 Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0 starting USB... USB0: Register 2000104 NbrPorts 2 Starting the controller USB XHCI 1.00 USB1: USB EHCI 1.00 scanning bus 0 for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found scanning bus 1 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found scanning usb for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found / ** File not found /boot.scr ** ## Exec…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, [short version] My expresso bin V5 only boots from the micro sd card and I would like it to boot from the EMMC module. [long version] My old old expresso bin V5 did not came with a pre installed EMMC module, I had a 16gb kingston EMMC module from aliexpress soldered onto it, the EMMC module is correctly detected by armbian bionic as seen from the output of blkid as /dev/mmcblk0p1: /dev/mmcblk0p1: UUID="dc265376-877d-40a1-9417-7379fb332efe" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="36c210f9-01" /dev/mmcblk1p1: LABEL="root" UUID="621decff-6765-4dbd-ae8c-c7e2d5c0193d" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="04b226a1-01" /dev/mmcblk1p3: LABEL="home" UUID="df5bfbe2-de80-49b4-ac…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 6.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I'm sooooo close to sharing a WIP for building armbiain for espressobin , but I'm having trouble getting armbian builder to use the file name for the kernel package deb. │ dpkg-deb: building package 'linux-headers-4.4.8-mvebu64' in '../linux-headers-4.4.8-mvebu64_5.27_arm64.deb'. │ │ dpkg-deb: building package 'linux-libc-dev' in '../linux-libc-dev_5.27_arm64.deb'. │ │ dpkg-deb: building package 'linux-image-4.4.8-mvebu64' in '../linux-image-4.4.8-mvebu64_5.27_arm64.deb'. …
-
Reputation Points
- 887 replies
- 358k views
- 22 followers
-
-
So, I thought this was worth a try: diff --git a/config/sources/families/mvebu64.conf b/config/sources/families/mvebu64.conf index 091b7633..79e85954 100644 --- a/config/sources/families/mvebu64.conf +++ b/config/sources/families/mvebu64.conf @@ -1,6 +1,6 @@ ARCH=arm64 -BOOTSOURCE='https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/u-boot-marvell.git' -BOOTBRANCH='branch:u-boot-2018.03-armada-18.12' +BOOTSOURCE='https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot' +BOOTBRANCH='branch:master' BOOTENV_FILE='mvebu64.txt' ATFSOURCE='https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/atf-marvell' ATFDIR='arm-trusted-firmware-espressobin' TIM-1.0 WTMI-devel-18.12.1-e6bb176 WTMI: system early-init …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all, it is this time of the year again. The pcie struggles with certain devices have returned with LK5.10 and are unfortunately not magically gone with LK5.13 As interest around clearfog is not that high, I am not expecting quick solutions here. But will post my findings and perhaps solution. If you have ideas welcome to chime in. pcie especially with wifi cards has been troublesome on clearfog (maybe even linux on the whole) forever(?). In LK5.4 we had it at a point where multiple different ones ran fine. Even "higher performance" ones as QCA988X (WLE600). We also list them as "supported hardware" on the download page... Now starting …
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Morning All, Around a year and a half ago I found the USB port from my Espressobin V5 had broken off. This has not greatly affected me because the board itself continued to operate perfectly up to the point of merging with the mainline kernel 5.x which it simply will not boot, I am assuming because a new boot script needs to be set for the device as described on the download page ( https://www.armbian.com/espressobin/ ) but of course I am unable to access the U-Boot command without serial communication. I have set the kernel update on hold thus far, but this of course cannot hold forever. Is there anyway to update the boot script without access to serial commu…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 6.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi All! I am having a lot of trouble making my ESPRESSObin v7 1GB DDR4 run without crashes. I have tried both Bionic (5.75 4.19.20) and Stretch (5.75 4.19.20) images, and neither are stable. I have tried with a lot of different PSUs (all switch-mode though) and booting from both microSD and USB sticks. My U-Boot is "flash-image-ddr4-1g-1cs-1000_800.bin". It seems like there is about 50% chance that it will boot without a crash. The type of crashes I get seems random. Ex http://ix.io/1JGY And then it just freezes. Or this one which includes a proper kernel Oops: http://ix.io/1JGZ While runnin…
-
Reputation Points
- 92 replies
- 50.5k views
- 6 followers
-
-
Hello every one, I own two ESPRESSOBin boards V5. And to both I attached an XCSOURCE® MiniPCIe Sata3.0 AC696 extension card via MiniPCIe. This is the link to amazon: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XRG2TGV I tested several images from https://www.armbian.com/espressobin/#kernels-archive-all Unfortunatelly all the old images have been deleted last week, so I could not continue testing. Tested Kernels 8 weeks ago + the latest two this week: - 5.10.09-mvebu64 #21.02.0-hirsute (trunk) <-- works not - 5.08.18-mvebu64 #20.11.6-bionic <-- works not - 5.08.18-mvebu64 #20.11.3-focal <-- works not - 5.08.18-mvebu64 …
-
Reputation Points
- 19 replies
- 9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
My Espressobin v5 with 4.14 reports 800Mhz and I am wondering if is there any progress on making it work at 1G or 1.2Ghz?
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 5.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
sorry for asking about espressobin... I had this board working with armbian, but it was sitting in a box for a while. I remade the sd card with the new current 5.10 buster and it won't boot. I tried different sd cards and power supplies. It hangs at "Loading, please wait" Maybe I need new u-boot, but that https://minio.k-space.ee/ site isn't working or is gone. Not armbian's fault obviously. Anyone know another way to get a current u-boot image? I don't really want to build one. I don't have a toolchain set up and I'll probably buy a different board anyways. (Anyone know a well supported 2 port box that's easy to get in the USA?) These things a…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
``` [ 160.434443] ------------[ cut here ]------------ [ 160.434470] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 0 at net/bridge/br_switchdev.c:46 nbp_switchdev_frame_mark+0x20/0x30 [bridge] [ 160.434571] Modules linked in: xfrm_user xfrm_algo ip6t_REJECT nf_reject_ipv6 ip6_tables nf_log_ipv6 xt_recent xt_comment xt_multiport ipt_REJECT nf_reject_ipv4 xt_conntrack xt_hashlimit xt_mark xt_MASQUERADE nft_counter xt_CT xt_tcpudp xt_addrtype nft_compat nft_chain_nat br_netfilter nfnetlink_log xt_NFLOG nf_log_ipv4 nf_log_common xt_LOG nf_nat_tftp nf_nat_snmp_basic nf_conntrack_snmp nf_nat_sip nf_nat_pptp nf_nat_irc nf_nat_h323 nf_nat_ftp nf_nat_amanda ts_kmp nf_conntrack_amanda nf_nat nf…
-
Does anyone managed to use vlan tagging on ports Lan0 and Lan1 on openwrt ? I neet to setup 6 differents VLANs with this 2 ports ;-) If someone succeeded, I'm interrested on the way to proceed...
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi there, The red LED on the EspressoBin v5 stopped working at Version 20.11. I opgrade from Armbian_20.02.0-rc1_Espressobin_buster_current_4.19.98 to the laetest version Armbian_20.11_Espressobin_buster_current_5.8.18. Also not working with Armbian_21.02.0-trunk.18_Espressobin_buster_current_5.8.18. On Armbian_20.02.0-rc1 to Armbian_20.05.2: root@espressobin:/sys/class/leds# ls -al total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jan 25 2020 . drwxr-xr-x 51 root root 0 Feb 14 2019 .. lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Jan 25 2020 espressobin:red:usr -> ../../devices/platform/leds/leds/espressobin:red:usr lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Jan 25 2020 mmc0::…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi I am trying to get my board restored. Following a simple power on reset, which I have done many, many times in the past. I have never worked with this or any other board at this low a level before (UART restore - whatever that is.) The entire memory of the bootloader has been wiped out for no apparent reason. I am wondering if this is a common problem after seeing 3 other people reporting it on the espressobin forum? All I have is the E and > appearing on the serial console. I am following this page: http://wiki.espressobin.net/tiki-index.php?page=Bootloader%2Brecovery%2Bvia%2BUART In the image choices I can download, it offers a …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, I have discovered interesting behaviour of the clearfogpro switching between lk4.19 and 5.8 and would like to know if others are able to reproduce. And maybe have ideas on how to fix. Steps to reproduce: - have a clearfogpro - get the current armbian image https://archive.armbian.com/clearfogpro/archive/ 20.08 - 'apt update && apt full-upgrade' - set the lan1-6 interfaces to bridging (example via following /etc/network/interfaces : https://pastebin.com/dpXEBe6g ) - reboot - plug into your network should be GBit (on lan1-5). Verify you get ip, and can reach other devices. - run iperf3 between clea…
-
Marvell>> bubt flash-image-DDR3-2g_2cs_7-600_600.bin Burning U-BOOT image "flash-image-DDR3-2g_2cs_7-600_600.bin" from "tftp" to "spi" Using neta@30000 device TFTP from server 192.168.10.1; our IP address is 192.168.10.253 Filename 'flash-image-DDR3-2g_2cs_7-600_600.bin'. Load address: 0x8000000 Loading: ############################################################# 4.8 MiB/s done Bytes transferred = 895012 (da824 hex) Image checksum...OK! 722980 bytes written, 172032 bytes skipped in 8.713s, speed 105174 B/s Done! Marvell>> reset resetting ... TIM-1.0 WTMI-devel-18.12.1-e6bb176 WTMI: system early-init DDR topology parameters: ========================…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just updated both my cubietruck and espressobin to 5.85, however the latter doesn't up come again after the update (from 5.83 IMO). (Had to get it out of the basement and) the console gives me the following error msg, now: Marvell>> boot starting USB... USB0: Register 2000104 NbrPorts 2 Starting the controller USB XHCI 1.00 USB1: USB EHCI 1.00 scanning bus 0 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found scanning bus 1 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found / ** Bad device usb 0 ** ## Executing script at 06d00000 Wrong image format for "source" command /boot/ ** Bad device usb 0 ** ## Executin…
-
Reputation Points
- 23 replies
- 15.6k views
- 3 followers
-
-
as per title... i have 2 boards running armbian (Debian version). Even if the mac addresses on /boot/armbianEnv.txt are set differently, all nic cards of both boards, have the same exact mac address, specifically f0:ad:4e:03:64:7f this of course creates a lot of problems because i cannot connect my 2 boards in the same network here is armbianmonitor from the 1st board - https://pastebin.com/N9AuwV2h here is the same for the 2nd board - https://pastebin.com/QcTq3BaD apparently i am not the only one http://espressobin.net/forums/topic/each-network-interface-has-the-same-mac-address/
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 11.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I'm getting tired of Globalscale deleting my post from the Espressobin forums, instead of either fixing or acknowledging the problem. So I'll repost this here for future reference. This is the URL to the original thread: http://espressobin.net/forums/topic/mainline-linux-not-running-at-1ghz/ Hi All That the Espressobin aims to support mainline is awesome – a lot of the benefits are described here http://espressobin.net/mainline-linux/. But I’m unable to get my v7 board running at more than 800MHz using the mainline kernel (for some reason cpufreq-info insists on reporting 1GHz with actual benchmarking only showing 800MHz). For…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 6.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Everyone, I'm considering getting an Espressobin to use as a simple NAS. Is this a good idea? My requirements are quite basic; a single SATA SSD and a single ethernet port, running NFS and Samba. I do need a newish version of Samba (required to support "Time Machine" backup from my Mac) which I believe is in Debian Buster but not in Stretch. I've been a Debian user for decades; I guess I might be happier if the hardware supplier provided a Debian image, but it's great that Armbian is available. This board's hardware looks good; it has a SATA connector. But there are a few posts here mentioning stability issues, related to power supply hardware or possibly u-…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi everyone, I updated the Linux kernel on my Espressobin to the latest version (5.6.2) and had some issues booting from SATA as my SSD was not detected properly after boot. Using the device tree from an older kernel version did help, but I also read somewhere that updating to the latest Armbian U-Boot would solve the issue. So I downloaded the version that matches my hardware (flash-image-ddr3-2g-2cs-1000_800.bin) and flashed it. It indeed fixed the boot issues, but now only 1 GB of RAM is detected instead of 2 GB. This happens as soon as the board is powered on, in U-Boot: DRAM: 1 GiB Before that, I was using the U-Boot…
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 11k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All! I am verifying the function about pcie to net port on armada-3720 ESPRESSObin. I insert 3 PCIE network cards in 3720 with PCIE bridge, connect to PC by switch. PC ping 3 net port at the same time ,but only one net port could be pinged successfully. I use the same test environment to test on the cavium's development board ,and PC can ping 3 network cards successfully at the same time. Besides, I used 3 network cards connect to 3 PC directly not by switch on 3720, and 3 PC can also ping 3 network cards successfully at the same time. Through the above cross-testing, it seems that this problem will occur as …
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
can somebody confirm this problem? in the year 2017 someone mentioned in http://espressobin.net/forums/topic/boot-behavior-of-the-switch-and-security/ some security concerns with older uboot bootloaders and port-mask setting in armada-3720-espressobin.dts(i) this seems still to be the case in the current released armbian bootloaders found in https://dl.armbian.com/espressobin/u-boot/ WTMI-devel-18.12.1-e6bb176 U-Boot 2018.03-devel-18.12.3-gc9aa92c-armbian (Feb 20 2019 - 09:45:04 +0100) since they also seem to use port-mask = <0xf> instead of the suggested port-mask = <0x3> ?! https://github.com…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
when I used the command "nand-sata-install" ,then i select The first one, install Armbian from the SD card to the Built in emmc, After step-by-step execution, I will prompt poweroff. Then I remove the SD card and prepare to start from EMMC. However, the following error prompt appears. I cannot enter the system from EMMC normally,Please help me, thank you TIM-1.0 WTMI-devel-18.12.1-e6bb176 WTMI: system early-init CPU VDD voltage default value: 1.155V NOTICE: Booting Trusted Firmware NOTICE: BL1: v1.5(release):1f8ca7e (Marvell-devel-18.12.2) NOTICE: BL1: Built : 16:23:10, May 21 2019 NOTICE: BL1: Booting BL2 NOTICE: BL2: v1.5(release):1f8ca7e (Marvell-deve…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 7.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I just came across this line: -Is this correct ? scriptaddr is where the boot.scr is loaded, as far as I understand, it overwrites itself by loading armbianEnv.txt to the same address. So wouldn't it be better to load armbianEnv.txt to kernel_addr, initrd_addr or fdt_addr, since armbianEnv.txt is only used for a short time ? I have not tried making an armbianEnv.txt, which is larger than boot.scr, but it looks like it would stop the board from booting if it's just long enough to overwrite the 'env import' line.
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 10k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've set up my local EspressoBIN with 18.04 Bionic (Armbian_5.44_Espressobin_Ubuntu_bionic_next_4.14.40.7z). My impression is that it's very much like setting up Xenial and the same issues seem to be present. I mention them in the order of importance. 1: #reboot sometimes hang, so does #poweroff. It would be great to get this fixed, because it would be a disaster if a device hangs on rebooting from remote (eg. the device is 200km away). 2: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade destroys the network setup. No network access is possible after doing this. I think a fix is important, because people would likely issue those commands. …
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 7.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The Espresobin wiki says 2 x Gigabit Ethernet 1Gbps / 2.5Gbps SGMII / HS-SGMII / RGMII Does that mean we actually have 2.5Gbps Nic x2? I also find this link But it's saying And there is even an official wiki talking about 2.5Gbps. Anyone has any luck on 2.5Gbps mode?
-
Hi all, I have an espressobin v5, running the newest Armbian 20.02.01 Buster that is available online (installed just recently). I am using this device as a home gateway/router so there is hostapd, dnsmasq, iptables that kind which is all working perfectly. But I cannot enable name resolution for the subnet!! Packet forwarding works fine, if I set the DNS manually on any of the devices connected to the subnet then the connection works perfectly but I would prefer to have it performed dynamically for any guest that connects. I installed bind9, this is the named.conf.options file: acl allowed_clients { localhost; 172.24.0…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 8.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi there, a erroneously powered the Espressobin (V7) with my laptop power-supply [ i.e. 19V 2.31A ( right polarity i.e. + inside) ] ... The EspressoBin now does not boot. A green led lights-up for a moment and then nothing else. Any suggestion ? Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, We made a custom board based on ClearfogBase. And we will change the size of DDR to 512MB. But, I have no idea if it would work without any software changes. Thanks in advance JS
-
I just got a new espressobin v7 with 2gb of ram. Output from working u-boot: U-Boot 2017.03-armada-17.10.2-g255b9cc (Nov 07 2018 - 09:48:30 +0800) Model: Marvell Armada 3720 Community Board ESPRESSOBin CPU @ 1000 [MHz] L2 @ 800 [MHz] TClock @ 200 [MHz] DDR @ 800 [MHz] DRAM: 2 GiB U-Boot DT blob at : 000000007f7161b8 Comphy-0: USB3 5 Gbps Comphy-1: PEX0 2.5 Gbps Comphy-2: SATA0 6 Gbps ... Marvell>> sspi SF: Detected mx25u3235f with page size 256 Bytes, erase size 64 KiB, total 4 MiB Marvell>> version U-Boot 2017.03-armada-17.10.2-g255b9cc (Nov 07 2018 - 09:48:30 +0800) aarch64-linux-gnu-g…
-
My Debian Buster with Armbian Linux 4.19.59-mvebu64 has no /dev/watchdog... I am a little confused - is there a simple solution to e.g. add the kernel module for the watchdog? I am not into kernel compiling myself unfortunately, so I appreciate any help.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi I want to boot from emmc(all bootloader ,rootfs and kernel are in emmc). Now I can boot kernel from SD card and emmc (bootloader in spi nor flash.), and it works well. At present ,I have got the flash-image.bin by ATF using BOOTDEV=EMMCNORM option and copy this one to emmc partition 1(mmcblk0p1 179:1 0 7.3G 0 part) Then i changed the jumper to emmc boot mode and reboot the board ,but uboot can not up .The output just show ">" "E" Can anyone tell me how should I do. Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 6k views
-
-
Hi everyone, My name is Gabriel and I am a new person in the community. After installing ARMBIAN (Armbian_5.91_Clearfogbase_Debian_stretch_default_4.14.135) with the Mini PCI Express Marvel 88SE9215, I got a problem with my Clearfog Pro-A1 revision-2.1. It did not work properly like 88SE9215 did not show me my disks. My Idea is to deploy my NAS server with OMV. I tried to compile the kernel so many times with different modules like SATA, PATA, and AHCI but it did not work also. I guess that my u-boot is not setup properly because I was reading a couple post about it and it’s working to everyone. Someone can give me a favor pls and …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, There are many leds on the clearfogpro that I would like to switch off. But /sys/class/leds only has "mmc0::". Is there a way to access other leds ? namely those of the ethernet ports ? Regards deb2016
-
Hello everybody and a nice evening. I have two EspressoBin 1GB at home and try desperately to change the static IP. No matter if in the armbian-config or under /etc/systemd/network/10-br0.network I just can not get it. Does anyone else have any advice? I've already tried Google and the forum search but any attempt fails that the IP is constantly jumping or that I no longer get a gateway. Armbian is a great distro and nobody has gotten the kernel to work so far. I hope you can help me. Alone a nice evening :-) LG StarSurfer
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.6k views
-
-
Previously running a different Linux, I followed the instructions to update the boot loader so I could try Armbian on my Espressobin. The update completed ok, but could no longer read from the SD card. After several hours of frustration, I attempted to revert back to the original boot loader and found I could no longer tftp or update from USB. After several days of frustration, I am near the point of giving up. Here's what happens when I attempt to use the UART rescue found at the Espressobin web site: Marvell>> usb start starting USB... USB0: Register 2000104 NbrPorts 2 Starting the controller USB XHCI 1.00 USB1: USB EHCI 1.00 scanning bus 0 for device…
-
Hi everybody, I have an Espressobin v5 in front of me and by default it boots fine from SATA: Now I need it to load the bootloader (U-Boot) from SD card. However, I can't seem to get it working. What I have tried so far: 1. Set the jumper on the board (J11,J3,J10) to "eMMC download mode" as well as "eMMC alternate download mode". 2. Get a SD card connected to my Linux host. Empty it with "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdg bs=1M count=100". 3. Then I tried to get the U-Boot on the SD card, but I am not exactly sure about the proper way. I tried two different things: 3.a. I just copied it raw onto the SD card with "dd if=…
-
I recently, yesterday, updated u-boot to 800-800. I did a dist-upgrade to buster. I've got kernel 4.19.56. I'm using espressobin as a firewall for my home network, connected to comcast (where I used to have ipv6 addresses). systemd reports version 241. This is part status-report, documentation for others, and questions. Used to have ipv6 addresses - So before the dist-upgrade and kernel upgrade, I was on .20 in Jessie. And systemd-networkd was giving me prefix delegation such that my home net had public IPv6. Now, systemd is unable to complete the transaction. It just repeats this block: [edit] I had it misconfigured. Network startup - Whe…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
Hi, I'm using an esprossobin with Debian Stretch with Armbian Linux 4.19.56-mvebu64. However regardless inwhat USB-TTL / Serial adapter I connect to he espressobin's USB2.0 port I don't get a ttyUSB0 device I tried to use a Prolific and a couple of others I got lend from a friend
-
The postfix V7 suggests that it will eventually succeed the EspressoBin V5 and in a long run, the V5 might disappear. Since I am about to start a business based on the EspressoBin, I would be really interested if there are good experiences regarding the V7 – as I had a very disappointing one, while the V5 seems to run very stable and reliably. By "reliable", I mean suitable for a home server running weeks and months without any bumps or hickups. I'd also be interested whereelse I could find a community running the EspressoBin in reasonable numbers to investigate there as well. Thanks in advance and sorry for the off-topic with respect to Armbian.
-
Reputation Points
- 19 replies
- 7.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am trying to resuscitate an EspressoBin that I purchased back in 2017. I bought it to make a Linux firewall, but the Ubuntu image apparently wasn't up to networking, and I was too busy to deal with attempting to make a custom Linux build to ensure that networking was enabled. I am specifically looking for help with the SATA Rescue procedure. It seems that Armbian has created a Linux image with networking enabled, so I am trying to load the image. The Armbian instructions said to update the bootloader before attempting to use the new image. I (tried to) follow the instructions, but I had no success with the load. Using Kermit on my Linux laptop to watch …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I have just updated armbian on my clearfogpro and after the hard drive plugged on the PCIe sata card (2 slots) is no more recognized, it does not appear at all in logs. It was working like a charm before. I wonder what happened ? Here is the output of lspci 00:02.0 PCI bridge: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 6828 (rev 04) 00:03.0 PCI bridge: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 6828 (rev 04) 02:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA986x/988x 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter I think the PCIe card is recognized (I have also a wifi card on the other PCI slot). I wonder why armbian does no more see the hard drive…
-
I bought an espressobin and a realtek rtl8812au based usb wifi device because I wanted to set up a linux based wifi network at home. It is running the armbian mainline kernel with Debian 9. I installed hostapd and dnsmasq (config files below) and it works, hurray! Bad news is I do not understand how. I tried to look at the list of connected devices (cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases) but this showed nothing. I disabled dnsmasq and rebooted and the wifi continued to work without dnsmasq. So my question is this- without the dnsmasq service what exactly is handing out the ip addresses to devices connecting via dhcp? Hostapd config file: ssid=ARMBIAN inte…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am trying to use each Espressobin network port as a independent network interface ( each connected to separate a network). Using systemd.networkd configuration. I have linux systems connected to each port and only one of the ports (lan0) receives anything but broadcast packets. All ports were monitored with tcpdump on both ends. Espressobin board (V5) sends ARP requests on all ports but only hears reply on lan0 . The MAC address for eth0 is different from each interface MAC address. Although replies to other ports are sent with the correct MAC address for that port, the reply seems to be filtered/dropped and not received, However the port does receive broadcast packets.…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I get kernel panic from TTL: espressobin login: [26830.163585] Internal error: synchronous parity or ECC error: 86000018 [#1] PREEMPT SMP [26830.168894] Modules linked in: zstd zram zsmalloc bridge stp llc sch_fq_codel ip_tables x_tables mv88e6xxx dsa_core [26830.179650] CPU: 0 PID: 0 Comm: swapper/0 Not tainted 4.19.20-mvebu64 #5.75 [26830.186812] Hardware name: Globalscale Marvell ESPRESSOBin Board (DT) [26830.193445] pstate: 60000085 (nZCv daIf -PAN -UAO) [26830.198382] pc : need_update+0x0/0xb0 [26830.202138] lr : quiet_vmstat+0x4c/0x60 [26830.206076] sp : ffffff8008f73e80 [26830.209480] x29: ffffff8008f73e80 x28: 0000000007ed0018 [26830.214946] x27: 0000000000000…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi! I have a Espressobin V7 and would make a router with this tutorial https://blog.tjll.net/building-my-perfect-router/ Dnsmasq is nativ with ArchLinux ARM That is dnsmasq.conf of the floder /etc # Listen for requests on this interface interface=br0 # Address range to draw from dhcp-range=192.168.1.5,192.168.1.250,255.255.255.0,24h # Default route for clients (the address we used in /etc/systemd/network/br0.network) dhcp-option=option:router,192.168.1.1 cat /etc/systemd/network/ br0.netdev [NetDev] Name=br0 Kind=bridge br0.network [Match] Name=br0 [Network] Address=192.168.1.1/24 IPForward=ipv4 #IPMa…
-
Trying to get the serial port working on pins 24 and 26 of the espressobin. I've tried all of the armbian builds, plus building the kernel from the Marvell github repo - various branches. On the 4.4.52 kernels, the serial port on the header pins shows up with port of 0000 and IRQ of 8, but will not work. On the 4.14 kernels, I get port 0000 and IRQ 0, and also doesn't work Has anyone managed to get the serial port working on the header pins 24,26 of the espressobin? I have posted more detail here on the github page but no progress so thought I'd ask here if anyone has had any success with this? Thanks …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Seems my espressoBin started randomly rebooting. sometimes it does it while sitting in a u boot prompt other times it will do it while bootting the os Any suggestions? anyone seen this before? Tried updateing uboot with no luck
-
Hello folks, I am building a small Kubernetes cluster and k8s absolutely *hates* swap, it wants it switched off. I have tried the customary purge of Adam Conrad's zram-config tool, but it looks like on Armbian the setup of zram is coming from deeper down in the system... any help? I would normally want zram on, but in this case, because of K8s's quirk, it is making nodes fail cluster init on reboot... it is not helping. thanks -F
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
Good evening, as uboot doesn't get updated automatically since a few versions back, I ran the uboot install script manually today - so far everything worked, uboot got copied to the boot sector. After rebooting though it seems that uboot is not working / properly compiled. It runs normally until the point where it would boot linux, then stops saying it can't find the various commands (bootz, help, echo etc). It dropped me to the uboot shell. I tried a few commands (help, reset etc) and all just gave a "command not found" failure. After restoring the 5.75 uboot from some backup it works again. Is there some known problem…
-
every second boot, there is a kernel crash: Starting kernel ... [ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0000000000 [0x410fd034] [ 0.000000] Linux version 4.19.20-mvebu64 (root@armbian.com) (gcc version 7.2.1 20171011 (Linaro GCC 7.2-2017.11)) #5.75 SMP PREEMPT Fri Feb 8 09:54:18 CET 2019 [ 0.000000] Machine model: Globalscale Marvell ESPRESSOBin Board [ 0.000000] earlycon: ar3700_uart0 at MMIO 0x00000000d0012000 (options '') [ 0.000000] bootconsole [ar3700_uart0] enabled Loading, please wait... starting version 232 Begin: Loading essential drivers ... done. Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ... done. Begin: Mounting root file system ... …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
Hello, today I tried upgrading my ClearfogPro Kernel from 4.14.106 (next) to 4.19.20(dev). So far everything seems to be working (samba, dnsmasq, minidlna, network etc.), see also attached armbianmonitor link. Great work @ armbian. I also noticed that the reported temperature by "cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp" seems to be about 20°C lower than with the old kernel. I appreciate this, because it seems to be closer to the real value (measured with thermal probe at heatsink). The old 4.14 kernel always reported some value around 65-70°C which seemed a bit high for idling (cpu running at 800Mhz like 80% of the time). The new valu…
-
Hi, I have this latest ESPRESSObin v7 board. It doe's not boot official Armbian BIONIC. I have used Armbian before on other chips and I am pretty confident I am following the instructions correctly. Steps I did to get it going: 1. I followed official instructions to flash u-boot with bubt tool to it's latest version. My board is DDR4, 1GB,1 ram chip, 1000cpu,800ram. I got the right one - as all works just fine after a reset. Also applied relevant boot environment as instructed here https://www.armbian.com/espressobin/ 2. I have then used etcher to burn SD card with bionic. Tried to boot - didn't work. Only getting call traces in kernel log. 3. I…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone, brace yourselves this a breakdown of the efforts I have made so far to turn the espressobin into a usb device. The armada3720 soc on the espressobin contains a usb 3 and a usb 2 device controller. I have been trying to enable them in order to turn the espressobin into a usb network adapter of sorts or a usb mass storage device. This may indeed be an impossibility, and I would love to hear any arguments as to why it is impossible. Thus far here are the main issues as I understand them so far: 1. The espressobin does not have a usb type b port, which is generally viewed as requirement for a usb device. However si…
-
New revelation... the v7 of espressobin has flipped the ethernet port order. On v5 they were (left to right) lan1 lan0 wan On v7 they are (left to right) wan lan0 lan1 When I load armbian with latest u-boot (I believe v7 are the only boards with ddr4...) the ports are in v5 order. The v7 ports have the intended wan port separated from lan0 lan1, so they really need to be re-assigned. Is there a way to fix this without rebuilding u-boot?
-
I've installed the latest u-boot for the boards I'm working with (I have a v5 and a v7) and while I have been able to figure out how to set the MAC in linux, I would like to set the WAN MAC at the uboot level if possible. The u-boot environment variables seem to have no affect. I've flashed two boards and they both come up with the same MAC in Armbian f0:ad:4e:03:64:7f Can this somehow be altered before flashing the new u-boot?
-
The u-boot I used is flash-image-1g-2cs-800_800.bin. It can boot linux from usb and in linux, it can detect my emmc. root@espressobin:~# dmesg|grep -i mmc [ 4.266090] mmc0: SDHCI controller on d00d8000.sdhci [d00d8000.sdhci] using ADMA [ 4.308521] mmc0: new DDR MMC card at address 0001 [ 4.309517] mmcblk0: mmc0:0001 SEM04G 3.69 GiB [ 4.310228] mmcblk0boot0: mmc0:0001 SEM04G partition 1 2.00 MiB [ 4.310928] mmcblk0boot1: mmc0:0001 SEM04G partition 2 2.00 MiB [ 4.311176] mmcblk0rpmb: mmc0:0001 SEM04G partition 3 2.00 MiB, chardev (243:0) [ 4.311340] mmc1: SDHCI controller on d00d0000.sdhci [d00d0000.sdhci] using ADMA [ 4.316565] mmcblk0: p1 B…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 6.5k views
-
-
Hi everyone, especially armbian maintainers! I'd like to make use of great performance of this board regarding SATA performance which is crippled by 1Gbps so my question is, would etherchannel work on this hardware? I understand that the board has only 1Gbps from the switch (dual LAN ports) so I guess the only possible way to exceed 1Gbps output would be to bundle WAN && [LAN01|LAN02]. Anyone tried this or believe it should work? I don't have the board to try. Thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 20 replies
- 10.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello all. New ESPRESSObin owner here, so please forgive any obvious oversights I may have missed. I'm still getting familiar with it. I'm following the instructions on the Download page. I have a new 32GB Samsung SD card with an Armbian (mainline kernel 4.19.y) flashed onto it using Etcher for Windows. I flashed a new version of u-boot, specifically "flash-image-ddr4-1g-1cs-1000_800.bin", and that seemed to work without a hitch. I defined the environment variables as directed. When booting, it seems to go through my devices and I would guess that it can't find the image based on the "bad device, wrong image format" messages but I'm not 100% sure. …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3k views
-
-
I have worked through the installation of Armbian Ubuntu 18.04 to the embedded MMC in an ESPRESSObin v7. It took a while and there were some quirks along the way, so here is a procedure with observations that may be useful to others. The Armbian u-boot does not appear to recognise the eMMC. I used Globalscale's u-boot espressobin-bootloader-cpu-1000-ddr4-1cs-1g I created a USB stick using the standard procedure and booted the ESPRESSObin from this. I copied the Armbian .img file to the ESPRESSObin USB system and used this to flash the eMMC sudo dd if= Armbian_5.69_Espressobin_Debian_stretch_next_4.19.14 of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=128K status=progres…
-
I just got my EspressoBin V7 and installed the current armbian for it. I haven't tested much, but Globalscale has changed the numbering of the ethernet ports, as can been seen in the Wiki of the EspressoBin. What do I have to do to rename the ports permanently, so that no update can change it back? Or is this something that needs to be changed in armbian for the V7 boards?
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Is the ESPRESSObin version 7 supported by Armbian?
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have not been able to find clear instructions explaning how to compile u-boot so it detects the installed msata disk. What I think I have to do is rebuild u-boot using the armbian build tools and patch uboot by moving and renaming file below ~/armbian/patch/u-boot/u-boot-mvebu/slot0=sata_1=sata.patch.disabled to the folder ~/armbian/userpatches/u-boot/u-boot-mvebu/board_clearfogpro/slot0=sata_1=sata.patch After builds completes I get a linux-u-boot-clearfogpro_5.74_armhf.deb which I installed and nothing happened the msata disk still not detected. Is that how am I supposted to go about to enable msata support? …
-
Hi, does anyone know if the provided UART interface on the mikrobus header on the clearfog is 5V tolerant? Greetings, count-doku
-
I don't know if this is some strange thing about the kernel supplied for the Espressobin or what, but I am unable to load even the most basic rule set in nftables, the empty one that comes with the nftables package: root@tottenham:~# cat /etc/nftables.conf flush ruleset table inet filter { chain input { type filter hook input priority 0; policy accept; } chain forward { type filter hook forward priority 0; policy accept; } chain output { type filter hook output priority 0; policy accept; } } root@tottenham:~# nft -f /etc/nftables.conf /etc/nftables.conf:5:15-19: Error: Could not process rule: No such file or directory chain input { type filter hoo…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 4k views
-
-
so on 2018-11-20 i've ordered an espressobin and tried armbian. and i probably got bitten by "yet another spi chip". using: U-Boot 2017.03-armada-18.09.1-ga92bd86-armbian (Sep 05 2018 - 21:49:34 +0200) i get: SF: unrecognized JEDEC id bytes: 9d, 70, 16. from the chip lookup (U10): IS25WP032 - UNSUPPORTED by armbian as of 2018-11-29 so i will try to gather already seen spi chips and their status with corresponding armbian uboots/kernels. since i'm new in the espressobin land, i ask other owners to post their chips and status.
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 5.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I just pulled my espressobin back out of the box, re-imaged with 4.18.6-nvebu64, and sparked it up. Nearly everything just works, I'm so impressed! The only problem I'm having is that the bcache tools doesn't seem to be providing a kernel module -- at least, none is present anywhere I can find, particularly in the initramfs. Any suggestions?
-
https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/u-boot-marvell/commits/u-boot-2018.03-armada-18.12 https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/A3700-utils-marvell/commits/A3700_utils-armada-18.12 https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/mv-ddr-marvell/commits/mv_ddr-armada-18.12 https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/atf-marvell/commits/atf-v1.5-armada-18.12 https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/uefi-marvell/commits/uefi-2.7-armada-18.12 https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/linux-marvell/commits/linux-4.14.76-armada-18.12 This release is based on ATF v1.5, but is also compatible with mainline ATF v2.0 sources. Th…
-
I purchased a V7 version of ebin But after updating uboot, the reboot is still in stock uboot. Marvell>> bubt flash-image-1g-1cs-1000_800.bin spi usb Burning U-BOOT image "flash-image-1g-1cs-1000_800.bin" from "usb" to "spi" USB0: Register 2000104 NbrPorts 2 Starting the controller USB XHCI 1.00 USB1: USB EHCI 1.00 scanning bus 0 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found scanning bus 1 for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found reading flash-image-1g-1cs-1000_800.bin Image checksum...OK! SF: Detected mx25u3235f with page size 256 Bytes, erase size 64 KiB, total 4 MiB 262144 bytes written, 593344 bytes skipped in 2.65s, speed 424017 B/s Done! Marvell>> TIM-1.0 T…
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 8.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have Espressobin v7 1G and PCIe card WLE900VX. With armbian-config create AP. Starts successfully on 36 channels. I tried all the channels in 5Ghz, but works only successfully at 36 and 44. By selecting another channel tells me after trying that I can not start AP on 5Ghz and start at 2GHz successfull. Any idea how to deal with this?
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 7.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello! recently purchased the 2g espressobin and am not understanding why I cannot obtain gigabit speeds from lan to wan. I am able to do so from the OS out/in, but from a client machine to a machine attached to the wan I am getting 1/3 the speed of gigabit. Below is the iperf results along with my systemd/network settings. Does anyone have an idea why this is occurring? Client to machine in Ethernet attached to wan: Connecting to host 192.168.2.1, port 5001 [ 4] local 192.168.22.209 port 5859 connected to 192.168.2.1 port 5001 [ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth [ 4] 0.00-1.00 sec 36.6 MBytes 307 Mbits/sec [ 4] 1.00-2.…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 6.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
EDIT: This started off as a request for help starting up a 4G modem. After attempting to connect ANY network with nmtui, it's become also a request to configure a terminal such as 'screen' to be able to see the nmtui commands for any connection. I recently acquired an U-Blox MPCI-L201 4g LTE modem. This is my first time attempting this type of connection and things are not as intuitive as I would hope so I thought I would reach out. I downloaded the most recent Armbian Stretch from the downloads page and re-flashed the emmc. lsusb clearly shows the device root@clearfogpro:~# lsusb Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-