Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Expressobin Update Uboot

Featured Replies

Espressobin V7 1G 800MHz DDR4 RAM 1GHz cpu purchased last week.

The board starts up reliably and gets to the boot prompt ok (using minicom).

I downloaded and unpacked Armbian_5.91_Espressobin_Debian_buster_next_4.19.59.img.
Ran shasum and got "Ok".  I dd'd it to a new Samsung SD card, dd'd it back, and ran
shasum again, getting "Ok".

I put the card in the board and powered it up.  It finds the card and tries to boot
but fails, saying:

    Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
    switch to partitions #0, OK
    mmc0 is current device
    Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
    ** Unrecognized filesystem type **
    Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
    ** Unrecognized filesystem type **
    Bad Linux ARM64 Image magic!

I'm guessing that the problem is that I did not update uboot.  I copied
flash-image-ddr4-1g-1cs-1000_800.bin to a FAT formatted USB key, but this:

    Updated u-boot needs new default boot environment and new boot script
    (overwrite the one on your /boot media – needed only if you upgrade from < v5.59).
    This is what you need to copy/paste into u-boot prompt:

is unclear.  This:

    Copy this flash-image-ddr4-1g-1cs-1000_800.bin to your FAT formatted
    USB key, plug it into USB3.0 port and execute from u-boot prompt:
    bubt flash-image-ddr4-1g-1cs-1000_800.bin spi usb

Seems clear enough.  I assume that I am then to paste the list of commands that follows
in at the boot prompt but the part about the "new boot script" is unclear.

 

[Edit]

 

I updated uboot and inserted the setenv commands (but ignored the unclear part about the "new boot script").

I'm getting

   U-Boot 2018.03-devel-18.12.3-gc9aa92c-armbian (Feb 20 2019 - 09:45:04 +0100)

so that evidently worked.  However, when it tries to boot from the SD card I get

 

  Marvell>> run bootcmd_mmc0
  /
  ** Unrecognized filesystem type **
  ## Executing script at 06d00000
  Wrong image format for "source" command
  /boot/
  ** Unrecognized filesystem type **
  ## Executing script at 06d00000
  Wrong image format for "source" command
  Marvell>>

 

[Edit]

 

The SD card is the same one that I used to flash the Uboot update.  Is it necessary to prepare the card

in any way other than to dd the image to it?

 

[Edit] I loop mounted the image and found that it has an ext4 filesystem with an 8192 block offset.

Used dd to make a copy with no offset.  That copy boots.

--
John Hasler

Edited by John Hasler
More information

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.