Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

luks password prompt not shown

Featured Replies

I've created an armbian minimal image for my pinebook with luks encryption. It works fine but I cannot see the password prompt on screen... the boot process is:

* The armbian uboot is displayed

* Then a black screen...

After a few seconds I'm assuming it is time to put my luks password, so I do it

* Then the screen starts to show the boot text

 

Is this expected? Am I doing something wrong? I don't want to install plymouth, just the usual LUKS password prompt.

 

Thanks!

  • Author
4 hours ago, Igor said:


This could explain why you don't see the prompt:
https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/kernel/linux-sunxi64-current.config#L4178

Change it to Y and try again.

 

I tested this feature on some other board + HDMI monitor and prompt was there - as expected.

I tried but still black screen:

 

root@pinebook-a64:/home/edu# uname -a
Linux pinebook-a64 5.4.23-sunxi64 #trunk SMP Thu Mar 5 13:43:50 UTC 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux
root@pinebook-a64:/home/edu# zgrep "CONFIG_DRM_ANALOGIX_ANX6345" /proc/config.gz 
CONFIG_DRM_ANALOGIX_ANX6345=y

 

  • Author
On 3/5/2020 at 9:20 PM, Igor said:

 

Hmm. Perhaps @Icenowy or @jernej has some clues what we are missing here?

Meanwhile, is there anything else that I can test/validate?

Thanks!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.