Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nanopc M4V2 - reflash eMMC

Featured Replies

Hi 

 

I`m trying to set NAS server (OMV) on nanopi M4v2 with sata HAT and eMMC.

I have instaled OMV but it is working realy slow and I want to make another clean install.

I`m using Armbian Buster from here

https://www.armbian.com/nanopi-m4-v2/

 

I`m tryng now for 4 hours to boot from fresh made SD card but I always end up on eMMC module.

If I unplug module I can boot from SD card.

 

I was trying Recovery key and PWR key combination but with no luck

 

What can I try next.

 

Thank you for help!

27 minutes ago, orangepower said:

I`m tryng now for 4 hours to boot from fresh made SD card but I always end up on eMMC module.

Rockchip SoCs always have eMMC as boot priority.

So, to boot from SDCard, you need to stop U-Boot from eMMC by pressing <spacebar> several times during startup.

Then, at U-Boot command line, you can type "setenv devnum 1" followed with "run mmc_boot", it will then boot from SD.

 

  • Igor pinned this topic

thank you @martinayotte for the tip.

 

@orangepower : as you, I was in such a trouble: my solution was to remove emmc module from the nanoPi and then from my PC erase emmc's content using an usb2emmc adapter. Kind of brutal solution but really efficient :D

  • Author

I also bought emmc2microsd but there is a problem with small notch on it. My emmc plug in oposite way and than there is no way you can plug microsd anywhere. After a while I forced it in oposide way and was able to erase emmc with PC. 

 

There was no chance to stop booting to go to U-boot. It simply does not work..

 

But I manage to solve this probem..by force.. :) 

I use usb to ttl (pc) and from terminal console:

mmc erase blk$ cnt

 

I don't know if this is still relevant. But maybe for future reference. If you remove the EMMC chip, power up the board and after 1 or 2 seconds plug the EMMC module in. That way the board boots from the SDcard and the EMMC chip is still recognized. I was able to manually mount the EMMC chip and/or reflash using armbian-config.

Flashing Buster on the emmc with my pc with Balenaetcher has always worked well for me.

I use the SD card only to do offline emmc image backup...SD card has just Armbian server OS on it for doing this.

Running OMV5 + 4xSata-hat on Armbian 22.05.1 Buster with Linux 4.4.213-rk3399
 

  • Igor unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.