Rockchip
Community maintained Rockchip boards
1626 topics in this forum
-
Hi, I would like to share my recent work: a cheap USB Audio Class 1.0 (UAC) input to UAC 2.0 output converter. For folks that may not understand why I have this crazy idea, here is the background: For some shitty reasons, PS5 does not support outputting audio through certain USB sound card, and that is because PS5 only supports very old USB sound card (UAC 1.0), and usually high end speakers or sound cards would use newer, better UAC 2.0 protocol. So, this shitty thing happens to me, when I thought my EDIFIER S880 speaker would be a plus for my gaming experience. EDIFIER S880 has a UAC 2.0 in input source, so my PS5 does not support that. So, what I …
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 13.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I want to share a solution to a problem that I had: Problem: The problem was that no HDDs nor JMB585 were being detected. If I run the `lspci -nn`, it would show no devices: # lspci -nn And there were some `PCIe link training gen1 timeout` in the kernel messages. root@helios64:/home/amreo# dmesg | grep -Ei 'sata|ahci|scsi|ata|sas|sd[a-z]|helios' [ 0.000000] Machine model: Kobol Helios64 [ 0.000000] NODE_DATA(0) allocated [mem 0xf77c6800-0xf77c8fbf] [ 0.000000] printk: log buffer data + meta data: 262144 + 917504 = 1179648 bytes [ 0.016416] CPU features: detected: ARM errata 1165522, 1319367, or 1530923 [ 0.022065] Memory: 3778312K/4061184…
-
Hello, These boards (Radxa Rock 2F and Rock 2A) have standard support so there should probably be a forum section for them. In its absence, I created this topic in the section for the most "similar" board. Currently, we only have the `vendor` kernel available for both. It seems that both of them have been mainlined in 6.18, as seen here for example: https://www.cnx-software.com/2025/12/01/linux-6-18-release-main-changes-arm-risc-v-and-mips-architectures/ The config file for the board currently looks like this: # Rockchip RK3528 quad core 1-4GB SoC WIFI/BT 0-32GB eMMC BOARD_NAME="ROCK 2F" BOARDFAMILY="rk35xx" BOOTCONFIG="rock-…
-
Reputation Points
- 58 replies
- 15.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Because i need a more recent kernel than 5.10 on my odroid m2, i tried armbian. i searched for the nearest model and i manage to find Radxa Rock 5C (rocky 3588s2) i flash emmc with Bleeding edge images with Armbian Linux v6.11/ Debian 12 (Bookworm)Minimal / IOT for the rock 5c in /boot/armbianEnv.txt i changed just one line after installation : fdtfile=rockchip/rk3588s-odroid-m2.dtb and after a final apt upgrade i can run version 6.12.1-edge-rockchip-rk3588 of the kernel. for now it seems fine to me.
-
Reputation Points
- 34 replies
- 31k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Board: Orange Pi 5 Pro (RK3588S) OS: Armbian, kernel 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx Display: Generic 7" HDMI panel, 1024x600 native (SKU MPI7002, "7inch HDMI Display-C") Symptom HDMI0 (the HDMI 2.1 port, using the new hdptx combo PHY via dwhdmi-rockchip) reliably fails to link-train at this panel's native timing (1024x600@59.82Hz, pixel clock 50.25MHz): dwhdmi-rockchip fde80000.hdmi: use tmds mode rockchip-vop2: Update mode to 1024x600p60 ... dclk: 50250000 rockchip-hdptx-phy-hdmi fed60000.hdmiphy: hdptx phy pll locked! rockchip-hdptx-phy-hdmi fed60000.hdmiphy: hdptx phy lane can't ready! phy phy-fed60000.hdmiphy.7: phy poweron faile…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 792 views
-
-
Hello, ARMBIAN Ubuntu image looks not driving drive FAN_CTL_H pin ( GPIO3_D1) that control GND of fan connector, even if lm-senors report FAN PWM to with changin PWM value PWM9_M2 ( GPIO3_D1) alternate function is not visible into kernel overlays. Any hints ? Regards
-
Hi all, I've been running the official Orange Pi 1.0.2 Jammy image (grabbed from their drive) since 2023, and I just realized I'm stuck on a 5.10.110 kernel with no real update path. Joshua-Riek/ubuntu-rockchip looked like a great alternative, but it's archived now, so Armbian is my default plan. I've browsed a bunch of threads here about eMMC installs on the 5B being finicky, so before I dive in I'd rather ask around first. Questions: Which Armbian image/branch/version do you run day to day on a 5B, and would you recommend it for a server? Is there a complete, up-to-date install guide for eMMC on the 5B specifically? Do I need t…
-
I'm getting this weird graphical artifact on a Radxa Rock 4SE connected to a TV via HDMI. It covers roughly a third of the right side of the display, note that the terminal window is covered by the artifact but the cursor is above it. I started from a Debian minimal image and added the desktop environment via armbian-config. The artifact is visible on both GNOME and KDE Plasma (with fully updated system on both rolling and stable) but not with XFCE. It also disappears with resolutions lower than 4K or switching to tty. Any idea what might be causing this?
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi folks, long time lurker here. My helios64 is pretty much brand new, didn’t really needed it at that time, only bought it as I found it really cool. I may power it a couple of times per year for some backups (got 3x 6tb in it, no raid so I can take them out when needed, also back up stuff to external drives), it still starts-up from the initial sd card as I never finished setting it up. I also have a 1 bay separate NAS for downloading movies that if fails, I will just replace; and a drive attached directly to my router for easy file swaps; so don’t need much running 24x7. While I work in IT (on the Windows side, so the Armbian stuff is still a le…
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 5.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
) my Setup is : **Board**: Helios64 (RK3399) - **Kernel**: `6.18.44-current-rockchip64` - **Armbian**: 26.8.3 (upgraded from 25.11.2 via apt) - **Boot**: currently booting from SD card (rootfs on mmcblk0); b) symptoms : After upgrading to 26.8.3, my drives are no longer detected — but only on a "warm reboot": - ASM1061 PCIe-SATA controller (bays 1-2) completely missing from `lspci` - JMS561 USB-SATA bridges (bays 3-5) missing from `lsusb` - Other USB devices (VIA hubs, Realtek USB NIC) enumerate fine - No `sdX` block devices at all in `lsblk` The only fix is a "cold boot": `poweroff`, unplug the power cable, wait 1-2 minutes, power back …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 568 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Become a sponsor, help to add other boards in armbian standart, you don't need to be a programmer to help the community, just need a copy of the ARM BOARD and a x86 computer to compile new versions. If you like what you see here and want to help: Donate Armbian the like button only costs a few dollars. Here will be published all the tweaks for the Embedfire RK3576 board to enter the mainline with armbian. MiniLoaderAll.bin https://drive.google.com/file/d/15q19LOv_XuXbvwdlVjEWuhQtNEceOXwc Documentation: https://doc.embedfire.com/linux/rk3576/quick_start/zh/latest/index.html Unnoficial Firmware: https://drive.google.com/file/d/…
-
I have a question. Why isnt all the rockchip information including forward mainline all in one space for all to see and collaborate/advance? That question is the right one to ask at the end of this particular week — because you've now personally visited every scattered fragment: English docs in one repo, Chinese docs in another, the mainline truth in Collabora's private notes file, the seek-handling wisdom buried in nyanmisaka's ffmpeg fork, the SoC-capability gotcha in a Jellyfin support thread, the 10-bit format law in a kernel patch, and the B-frame fix in nobody's space until Tuesday. Here's why it's like this — the honest anatomy: 1. Rockchip itself …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 872 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I will soon be selling a working Helios64 from Kobol (with 2.5G fix done from factory). I also have 3x 6TB hard drive that could come with it if needed. Based in France, I'm able to send within EU. Please DM me if interested.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi there!!! LTNS. Not pretending to ask for a solution. Just curious, what am I doing wrong, after a decade with Armbian. ;) A new Chinese board with RK3567, quite similar to kickPi. Boots up to "INFO: BL31: Initializing BL32" then hangs. Changing DTB in armbianEnv.txt does nothing, same is for verbosity. I guess there's some pre-DTB in uboot, as I recall, this is common with RK chips. And it seems to not match my hardware. Any reasonable way to fix, before i rebuild the whole image? Thanks in advance!
-
Has anyone been able to get both of the HDMI output to work with newer kernels than 6.1.115? I have my TV connected to the second output and it works with the vendor kernel but not with 6.18.x. There's no output at all.
-
Hello Everyone I have added Armbian for the Heltec HT-M2808 Helium Miner https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/6989#event-13647037453 https://heltec.org/project/ht-m2808/ To Compile ./compile.sh build BOARD=rk3328-heltec BRANCH=current BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=no EXPERT=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=yes KERNEL_GIT=shallow RELEASE=bookworm You can obviously decide to go with a desktop environment (board has no HDMI) or use a different release. How to Flash 1) Install Rockchip Flash Tools 2) Download bootloader (rk3328_loader_ddr333_v1.16.250.bin) attached here. 3) Boot device into LOADER mode. Plug USB Cable in to back …
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 7.2k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi, after doing an "apt upgrade" on my Luckfox Lyra Zero W running "Armbian 26.11.0 Minimal (Trixie)" on kernel 6.1.115-vendor-rockchip, I got an error mid-upgrade: The aic8800-usb driver did not recompile for the new kernel version: Setting up linux-image-vendor-rockchip (26.11.0-trunk.37) ... Armbian 'linux-image-vendor-rockchip' for '6.1.172-vendor-rockchip': 'postinst' starting. The kernel is built without module signing facility, modules won't be signed Autoinstall of module aic8800-usb/5.0+git20260123.5f7be68d-8 for kernel 6.1.172-vendor-rockchip (armv7l) Building module(s)....................(bad exit status: 2) Failed command: make -j3 KERNELRELEASE=6.1…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 370 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Today I upgraded my Helios64, and after reboot it didn't come back. (Waited for 5 minutes or so) After connecting a serial cable (via the USB-C connector), and rebooting, I saw a normal bootloader log (as far as I can see), but no kernel log, just a repeated 'ERROR: rockchip_plat_sip_handler: unhandled SMC (0x82000003)'. I rebooted again, to create a bootlog file, and I saw the same. Then suddenly, after a minute or so, I saw network activity, and my Helios64 was back. Now I have 3 questions. 1) Why didn't it boot twice, and then succeeded? 2) Why is there no kernel bootlog? 3) What is an unhandled SMC? The log ended with …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Filed this as armbian/build#10551 and was (reasonably) pointed here instead, since it's a kernel-code observation rather than a build-framework bug. Posting for the record — this is a question about the code, not a bug report. Where: drivers/gpu/drm/rockchip/rockchip_drm_vop2.c — identical across Rockchip BSP 6.1, ubuntu-rockchip, and Armbian rk35xx-vendor-6.1 (carried unpatched). rk3568_vop2_cfg_done() waits for the layer-select latch to take effect when it changes: old_layer_sel_val = vop2_readl(vop2, layer_sel_offset); cfg_layer_sel_val = vop2->regsbak[layer_sel_offset >> 2]; ... vop2_writel(vop2, 0, val); /* Make sure the layer sel is take…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 607 views
- 1 follower
-
-
With Armbian v20.11 one can write mainline u-boot image to board's SPI and enjoy booting nvme drives without any mmc devices. Prerequisities: ROCK Pi 4(A/B/C) v1.4 or 1.3 with SPI soldered in (v1.3 comes without SPI flash from the factory). If you already have Radxa's u-boot written to SPI you need to short pins 23 and 25 for Armbian to boot Boot fresh image of Armbian v20.11.x for ROCK Pi 4(A/B/C) Add the following lines to /boot/armbianEnv.txt overlays=spi-jedec-nor param_spinor_spi_bus=1 Reboot If you shorted 23-25 pins in 1.) then: disconnect them after the ROCK Pi 4 fully boot's …
-
Reputation Points
- 95 replies
- 101.7k views
- 7 followers
-
-
Please tell me how to build the current bootloader for Rock Pi 4A for booting from SPI?
-
Hi all, I want to try the new Armbian, but before I do, I need to get this Orange Pi 5 Max updated with whatever UEFI project is still maintained and supports it. The UEFI I have installed right now is a hacked relic from a now abandoned ARM distro that was given to me -- I assume surely this has been superceded by a more legitimate source? Thanks kindly for any updates, looking forward to rejoining the Armbian family soon as my UEFI is updated
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 850 views
- 1 follower
-
-
The most current download images for Helios64 are now all provided with linux 6.18.xx. I downloaded a minimal image and checked the dtb: it would not appear to contain the opp-microvolt patch that made Helios64 finally stable. So for the ones who have stability issues again on Helios64, I attached the patched dtb compiled for linux 6.18.xx using the exact same opp-microvolt values as in the previous dtb versions I compiled for linux 6.6 and 6.12. The current linux deb files can be downloaded from beta.armbian.com, the linux 6.18.18 deb files I used can be downloaded from here (to be installed with 'dpkg -i linux*'). In order to install …
-
Reputation Points
- 33 replies
- 9.7k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hi Gents, I would like to ask for your help or tips and tricks in the following problem... Basically to keep the long story short, I have a custom board with RK3566 and 2 GB of RAM, 32 GB Samsung emmc on it ... basically if you are familliar it is a Linxdot Helium miner which has some problems with the onboard Lora module. I had tried to flash using RKDevTool a few Debian version that I found for Rk3566 but not all of them worked properly. All the time I was able to reflash it by using RKDevTool by pressing the button while I powered up the board but after flashing the Armbian minnimal for Orange Pi3B I can't use the RKDevTool anymore, it is simply n…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everybody, With 6.18.10-current-rockchip64 and rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.18.18-opp dtb file, Ok With 6.18.35-current-rockchip64 and overlay helios64 patch with armbian-config, Ko With 6.18.35-current-rockchip64 and k3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.18.18-opp dtb file, Ko The crash is random... sometime crash: - At the boot with red system light blinking - At the opening of my LUKS ciffers drives - At a high cpu load - With nothing special, all led are blue, system blinking but network and ssh is Ko Is it possible to explain me how to see the problem or how to have log because I am in blind to have more de…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Here will be published all the tweaks for the Youyeetoo YY3568 board to enter the mainline with armbian. Official Images Unofficial images Kernel Vendor 6.1: https://github.com/armbian/linux-rockchip/commit/27a98750790114235c72e8420d45f44eff210461 Overlays: https://github.com/armbian/linux-rockchip/commit/18f066190842fc6bd509662a2d19588eb9f04612 Kernel Vendor 5.1: https://github.com/armbian/linux-rockchip/commit/b5964f997e2267802db0a965e66ec299b8a1f437
-
(Don't know if this is the right place for this, but the Github-Issue link lead me to here, so... here it goes) Like the title states, the checksum of the downloaded Armbian 26.8.0 minimal image for the NanoPi NEO3 and the expected checksum for said image differ. I don't know if this is by accident, but I thought I'd report it before this goes unnoticed. I've tried downloading the image from the Armbian NEO3 page (https://armbian.com/boards/nanopineo3) as well as through the Armbian installer, both resulting in an image with a non-matching checksum (imager log: https://paste.armbian.com/mabojoqoja). - the SHA256-checksum of the image accordin…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 434 views
-
-
Sorry I'm not able to find the sub category for M4V2 so I chose R4S instead. But please keep in mind that this is a bug report for NanoPi M4V2. So my box has been running well for 5 years without any issue, through multiple system upgrade from armbian buster to trixie. However after I upgrade the kernel from 6.12.58 to 6.18.10 just a couple of days ago, the system started to have some weird behavior. The main symptom is that I'll lose the network connection from the box once it starts up, and it could happen after just a few minutes, or a couple of hours. I have to power cycle the box to get it back online as I don't have any peripherals, and soon I will lose …
-
I know this is going into the wrong section of the Rockchip forum but I don't see a parent category for anything like "Rockchip - Other". I can outline the issue in this thread, but I would rather have this post get moderated and get directed into the right spot to ask about specifically the Turing RK-1 or more generally "weird boards that have RK3588s that aren't already listed".
-
After a ton of time porting the dts for modern kernels, i have a working release for the Bobcat 300 29X Variant To compile https://github.com/sicXnull/armbian-build/tree/Bobcat-29x . ./compile.sh build BOARD=bobcat-29x BRANCH=current BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=yes EXPERT=yes KERNEL_BTF=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=NO KERNEL_GIT=shallow RELEASE=bookworm Link to Prebuilt Armbian-unofficial_26.02.0-trunk_Bobcat-29x_bookworm_current_6.18.4.img.xz First check to see if you have a compatible version. Flip the unit over and check the serial number. It will start with G290 or 295. This does not work on 28 or 285. How to Flash 1) In…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5.5k views
-
-
Hello: I am tyring to build the latest version of moonlight-qt (6.0.0). Up until now, I succeded by removing the disable-libdrm and disable-wayland to enable hardware acceleration and use H264, H265 and AV1 all of them through hardware acceleration. However, I get huge decoding times and they are even variable, ranging from 40ms to 300ms depending on what is going on in the streaming. The 4.3.1 version provided by @amazingfate works very good at 4ms decoding time but I would like to test the new AV1 encoder and features from the latest version. What steps should I follow to get it working correctly? Thank you in advance
-
Reputation Points
- 17 replies
- 21.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
🏆 Become a sponsor, help to add other boards in armbian standart, you don't need to be a programmer to help the community, just need a copy of the ARM BOARD and a x86 computer to compile new versions. If you like what you see here and want to help: Donate Armbian the like button only costs a few dollars. Here, I will document the efforts to get the Easy EAI RV1126 board into Armbian. Uboot: Link boot: Link MiniLoaderAll.bin: Link Docs available on: Link Build Command: ./compile.sh BOARD=easy-eai-nano BRANCH=vendor BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no RELEASE=resolute ./compile.sh BOARD=ea…
-
The same problem on the Pi 5 Ultra, has anyone managed to solve this problem? Or is this a global bug for all Orange devices?
-
Hi all, I would like to ask support for the board EMB-3531. I'm having problem with booting this board from SD card. Here are some informations about this board. I hope that someone can help me with it. Thank you so much! I try to erase the emmc and flash the MiniLoaderAll.bin but it doesn't help. Or i don't have a correct image with armbian for this board. https://my.kos.org.cn:5154/rockchip/EMB3531/emb3531.pdf
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I just received my SeedStudio Recomputer RK3576 and I have a well working machine thanks to the armbian team using the debian Forky image. I try to understand why i cannot connect a (usb) minipcie modem (already testing 1 year use with Radxa zero 3 W), all usb ports not working anymore! There is a strange note on schematic pdf : If the PCIe1 or SATA1 function of Combo PHY1 is selected, the USB3 OTG1 function cannot be used, and even the USB2 PHY1 function cannot be used But they also notice the support of usb link on this minipcie : LTE LoRa Module: Module:EC20/EC25 WM1302 SPI/USB Version Zigbee: USB Version The miniPCIe…
-
Hello, I'm running Armbian Community 26.8.0 / kernel 6.18.35-current-rockchip64 CPU is quite hot, 56-60 C even when idling; it used to be around 43-45 C on the BSP image. I have a passive cooler mounted. So I added a fan and connected to the FAN header, but it does not spin. I seem to remember a "fan control" overlay within armbian-config for other boards, but it's not present here. Any suggestion? It's a nice board but it's too hot with Armbian 😕 Thanks!
-
my rock64 sometimes hangs with unknow reason. Enabling/testing watchdog did not help. Does hardware watchdog is working at all ? some outputs: # dmesg | grep -i watchd [ 0.838922] dw_wdt ff1a0000.watchdog: No valid TOPs array specified [ 0.928770] rk_gmac-dwmac ff540000.ethernet: Enable RX Mitigation via HW Watchdog Timer [ 3.920201] systemd[1]: Using hardware watchdog 'Synopsys DesignWare Watchdog', version 0, device /dev/watchdog0 [ 3.921218] systemd[1]: Watchdog running with a hardware timeout of 28s. # wdctl Device: /dev/watchdog0 Identity: Synopsys DesignWare Watchdog [version 0] Timeout: 28 seconds Timeleft: 18 seconds Pre…
-
I have an AD-Z33 V1.2 which has the same rockchip as the xt-q8l-v10 but I cannot get it to start in Maskrom mode for eemc/bootloader flashing. Can anyone shed some light on how I can do this?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 689 views
-
-
Orange Pi 5 Ultra HDMI RX no video when connecting Walksnail VTX Ascent. When I connect Walksnail Ascent VRX, the picture is fine, but when I connect VTX Ascent to VRX, the system doesn't see the HDMI RX. Specifically, it sees the source but can't lock it. The settings are set to 1080p60. I've tried different kernel and OS builds, but the result remains the same. What are the ways to solve this problem at the software level, since I specifically chose the Orange Pi 5 Ultra because of its built-in HDMI IN. [ 41.859256] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: Vertical Sync threshold reached interrupt 0x2 [ 42.371741] rk_hdmirx fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_delayed…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 930 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Yesterday I flashed a new sd card (more space) for my rockpi-4b but after switching to the stable channel `armbian-config --cmd STABLE` the update keeps failing: $ sudo apt update Hit:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie InRelease Hit:2 http://security.debian.org trixie-security InRelease Get:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie-updates InRelease [47.3 kB] Hit:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian trixie-backports InRelease Hit:5 https://github.armbian.com/configng stable InRelease Get:6 http://armbian.lv.auroradev.org/apt trixie InRelease [39.4 kB] Get:7 http://armbian.lv.auroradev.org/apt trixie/trixie-utils arm64 …
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 4.4k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hi everyone, I've just released v1.0.11 of rockchip-vaapi, a VA-API driver for the RK3588 that bridges libva to Rockchip MPP for hardware video decode in Firefox and other VA-API applications. **GitHub:** https://github.com/woodyst/rockchip-vaapi --- ## What it does Enables hardware VP9 / H.264 / HEVC / VP8 decode in Firefox via VA-API → MPP → RK3588 VPU. DMA-BUF zero-copy display path. Tested on Orange Pi 5 Plus with Armbian and Firefox 128. --- ## What's new in v1.0.11 Previous versions would fall back to software after a few seconds of 4K content. This release fixes that — **4K@60fps is now stable**: - **4K@60fps stable** — …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I flashed the latest KDE version to the SD card of my Orange Pi 3B using Armbian Imager, but for some reason the USB ports are not working at all. There's no power coming from the USB ports, and the keyboard backlight isn't working at all. What could be the reason? Can you help me? I've never experienced anything like this before.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, working on Rock Pi 4B++ and trying to make our displays work. Armbian Bookworm 23.8 Raspberry Pi 7" official touchscreen Officialy supported by Radxa (https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/Raspberry_Pi_official_LCD) but it does not work on Armbian at all. Works on official Radxa Debian image. No display on Armbian. Using device tree overlay from Radxa image - does not work, of course. Waveshare 4.3" touchscreen HDMI (https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/4.3inch_HDMI_LCD_(B)) It works. Image is visible, touchscreen works but the resolution seems to be scrambled. It is 800x480 and it is correctly reported, but the image is somehow distorted. I …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 7.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Current build hangs whilst booting , any ideas anyone ? DDR Version 1.25 20210517 In soft reset SRX channel 0 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=0x1 MR5=0x1 MR8=0x10 MR12=0x72 MR14=0x72 MR18=0x0 MR19=0x0 MR24=0x8 MR25=0x0 channel 1 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=0x1 MR5=0x1 MR8=0x10 MR12=0x72 MR14=0x72 MR18=0x0 MR19=0x0 MR24=0x8 MR25=0x0 channel 0 training pass! channel 1 training pass! change freq to 416MHz 0,1 Channel 0: LPDDR4,416MHz Bus Width=32 Col=10 Bank=8 Row=16 CS=1 Die Bus-Width=16 Size=2048MB Channel 1: LPDDR4,416MHz Bus Width=32 Col=10 Bank=8 Row=16 CS=1 Die Bus-Width=16 Size=2048MB 256B stride channel 0 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=0x1 MR5=0x1 MR8=0x10 MR12=0x72 MR14=0x72 MR18=0x0 MR…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
This is a work-in-progress resource for bare-metal bringup for Rockchip devices. Source code: https://github.com/petabyt/rk https://danielc.dev/rk/
-
If I transfer from Helios64 2.5Gbit Port to a client 2.5Gbit port I'll got a very slow transfer rate (Helios -> client around 200Mbit/s), vice versa full speed, switch is 2.5Gbit (Rj45 ethernet Cat7 cable).Testet with iperf. The switch monitoring indicates always 2 errors. I know about the Hardware issue of Lan-Port2, but it only effect 1Gbit transfer. Nevertheless in the Network are also mixed with 1Gbit clients. Is there anything I'll can try to get full 2.5Gbit speed?
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 7.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, I updated to Armbian 26.2.1 trixie installaed on emmc. If I poweroff the nas and power on again it does't work, but if I attach an usb cable to the console it works. I think the problem must be related to the u-boot part.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everybody, I running Helios64 with kernel 6.12.58 since a long time and the prahal dtb file rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.12.xx-L2-hs400-opp and my helios64 work well. Today, Armbian upgrade to 6.18.10 kernel. Is this update use the same change or patch like in rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.12.xx-L2-hs400-opp ? Is rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.12.xx-L2-hs400-opp work with 6..18.10 kernel ? Is I must to downgrade to 6.12.58 kernel with rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.12.xx-L2-hs400-opp and freeze at this kernel version ? Thanks for answer.
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey guys, So I wanted to update the OS on my NAS to patch the Copy Fail vulnerability today. I installed everything, I also did an apt-upgrade (not a full one) to make sure my kernel was as up to date as I could get it, and I also updated the initramfs, too. Now when I boot up the Kobol, I can hear the disks spinning up after a few seconds upon powering up, they make an odd noise and then just stop. The LEDs on the front panel also no longer show blue anymore, and `fdisk -l` no longer shows anything. I know for a fact these HDDs are not dead. They have worked perfectly fine before the upgrade, and the SATA pins look perfectly clean. I e…
-
Is there any working image for orangepi5-pro? I am having trouble to understand a few things in the https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-5-pro/ It says: But downloding the image on that page brings Armbian_community_25.8.0-trunk.38_Orangepi5pro_bookworm_vendor_6.1.115_minimal.img.xz which is version 25.8.0 and that image wont boot.
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 10k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Are there no more update coming for the armsom-w3? I was planning to put the new ubuntu with KDE that showed up one month ago, and since a few days, it is not available anymore, there is only the trixie minimal. I was just wondering if it was normal or if the support was dropped for the armsom-w3 board.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I upgraded to the stable version of Debian (Trixie) Armbian Linux 6.18.23-current-rockchip64. And the USB 3.0 port stopped working. Other USB 2.0 works fine. orangepi3b:~$ lsusb Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 001 Device 002: ID 152d:0578 JMicron Technology Corp. / JMicron USA Technology Corp. JMS578 SATA 6Gb/s Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Found…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kv2QVMMgRizKrjZIGVVMYK3QxkswTA9K/view?usp=sharing Hi there, I have the following stack: Model: ROC-RK3588S-PC V12 (Linux) SoC: Rockchip RK3588 GPU: Mali-G610 (Panfrost/Panfork) Kernel: 6.1.0-1025-rockchip OS: Ubuntu 24.04.1 LTS (Joshua-Riek image v2.4.0) Mesa: Panfork 23.0.5 (git221210 — December 2022) Chromium: 114.0.5735.35 (rkmpp7 from jjriek/rockchip-multimedia PPA) Display: HDMI-1, 1920x1080@60Hz The problem: I'm running a kiosk application in Chromium that plays video fullscreen. The display is physically mounted in portrait mode (9:16), so I need to rotate the output 270°. When rotation is applied, a visib…
-
rk3588-pcie_bifurcation_2x2-uboot.patchrk3588-pcie_bifurcation_2x2.patch Attached are two patches I've prepared. One for uBoot (to correctly recognize split pcie3x4 to two independent controllers, pcie3x4 and pcie3x2), and one for DT of NanoPC T6. This basically allows you to use trimmed-down bifurcation adapter. The adapter in question must be trimmed down/cut to fit on the back of the board. Tested with 2x NVME, and 1xNVME and QCNFA765 wireless card. I'll post photos later once I'll disconnect the board again from my setup. BEWARE!!! If you'd plan to use more than one ath11k wireless card, you'd need QRTR patch. Since the SBL …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Dear community, I just wanted to politely and respectfully ask whether somebody from the Orange Pi 5 or Orange Pi 5 Plus maintainer group wants to maintain the Orange Pi 5 Pro as well? It's using almost the same SoC, a Rockchip RK3588S. Right now, the device is on "community" maintenance, which is a bit sad since its brother/sister boards are on "standard". This means everyone who uses it has to use rolling release instead of being on a stable version. Being relatively close to the other two RK3588-based boards, I hope this can be done? But I don't want to sound like an ass for asking. I just wanted to use the two "Pro" I've bought for …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Hello Armbian Community, I am currently running the following image on my Orange Pi 5 Max: Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.668_Orangepi5-max_noble_edge_7.0.0-rc6_kde-neon_desktop Unfortunately, I'm struggling with WiFi and Bluetooth issues: WiFi: No wireless interfaces are detected (no option in network settings). Bluetooth: The service is active, but it cannot scan or find any devices. What I’ve tried so far: Installed armbian-firmware and full-mirror-armbian-firmware. Verified that common wireless tools and relative packages are up to date. Checked rfkill list, but the adapters don't seem to be initialized correctly. …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I got a nanopc-t6, when trying to install mdadm or another package that regenerates initramfs or installs a new kernel, I get an error that there is no space in /boot. Can it be increased and how? Regards,
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.5k views
-
-
Hello I would like to know if it is possible to have 2 partions on the emmc. Indeed My emmc have 256go for only the os armbian with OMV (2.5go only used). I would like to have for example a boot partition with size of 50go and an other partition for my data (200go). However when I use armbian-config the full emmc is formated. If a solution exist could you please share with me the solution. Thanks in advance for your support.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
As title says. Here's the bash script I use to download the dependencies and compile the latest mesa: https://pastebin.com/1n7Sv0dZ How /boot/*Env* looks like right now: https://pastebin.com/mUqHs14Y And the error message I get when I try to run sway goes as follows: MESA: error: ZINK: failed to choose pdev libEGL warning: egl: failed to create dri2 screen [wlr] [EGL] command: eglInitialize, error: EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED (0x3001), message: "DRI2: failed to create screen" MESA: error: ZINK: failed to choose pdev libEGL warning: egl: failed to create dri2 screen [wlr] [EGL] command: eglInitialize, error: EGL_NOT_INITIA…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello Everyone, Unfortunately my helios64 is not glowing any power LED. As soon as I connect the power supply it only shows a blinking orange LED light, that is basically for the battery status. My power supply is perfectly fine and even I have tried using with the ATX power supply same result. Does anyone face this issue and please help me to get my board working again. Thanks!
-
I am experiencing an issue where the Intel BE200 Wi-Fi module stops working on the NanoPi R5C after upgrading to the latest Armbian v26.2.1 with newer kernels. The iwlwifi driver fails to initialize the device due to a missing configuration profile. Environment: Board: NanoPi R5C OS Version: Armbian v26.2.1 Wi-Fi Module: Intel BE200 Failing Kernels: v6.19.0-edge-rockchip64, v6.18.10-current-rockchip64 Working Kernel: 6.12.58-current-rockchip64 Actual Behavior & Logs: When booting with v6.18.10-current-rockchip64 or v6.19.0-edge-rockchip64, the Wi-Fi interface does not show up. Checking dmesg reveals the following iwlwifi probe fai…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
First of all thanks to the people maintaining armbian for helios64. I recently upgraded (well I reinstalled) to trixie and everything mostly runs stable for me. However I have a problem with the 2.5GB adapter. It is connected to a 2.5GB switch and when for example running iperf3 I get proper results close to 2.5 GBit. So in general it seems to be running ok. I have a DLNA server (minidlna) running on that machine and when I stream from my TV (streaming via VLC from my laptop triggers the same problems) the network connection drops for a moment and works again after a few seconds (which you can guess is super annoying when watching something). I am not sure wha…
-
Hello, I just need to check the NPU driver version on my Orange Pi 5 with Armbian_24.11.2_Orangepi5_noble_current_6.12.0-kisak My command is sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/rknpu/version but error No such file or directory Is there NPU driver on this Armbian OS?
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
I flashed a home built nanpim4v2 image to two brand new Silicon Power 32GB sdcards and they wont boot whereas SanDisk 32GB boot OK can anyone explain why ?
-
Hi there! I've got 2 of these industrial android boards (s2809-mb-v1.8c) and I've been trying to get armbian running on the. For a while but so far no success. These 2 boards were sold as being tinker boards but I believe that they are EVBs instead. Here are some photos: https://ibb.co/4wTm20s9 https://ibb.co/Z6PfvZCr https://ibb.co/HTFWLKTS I have also managed to find a link to the Chinese seller: https://m.globalsources.com/product/quad-core-board_1195354789f.htm Debug method: UART2 (because they don't have HDMI only LVDS and EDP ports) PMIC: RK808 So far trying to run them on the latest armbian 26 and…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
I am trying to setup Raxda Display 8 HD with Radxa ROCK 3A. On official Radxa OS, I used Rsetup tool to setup overlay for `Radxa Display 8 HD' using official guide. How can I do same on Dedicated applications images with Armbian Linux v6.12 ( Home Assistant ) ? I have read Device Tree overlays guide on armbian docs but I can't find overlay for lcd display in files:
-
Since I am interested in the connection ability, I figured the info we gather should go into ONE thread. I have tried to build new kernels, but can only see USB controllers and devices two ports. I have seen a lot of work by Sebasitian Reichel @ Collabora, and his patches, but these do not seem to have the desired result on my test board. Orange PI 5. There seems to be an issue with the port mux, FUSB302, that either connects the last USB to the "vertical" port or to the "USB C" connector. I will comment my findings and attempts to correct this in this thread, and think we could find out where we are if you add your findings, successes…
-
Anyone got the dedicated Fan header working correctly? It won't spin at all. Enabled the fanctrl overlay. changed pwm rate,the fan won't budge.. Tried stress the CPU but this only cause shutdown
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have started to work on a Nanopi Neo3 Plus image (rk3528-based, similar to Nanopi Zero2), announced early March 2026. Created a new .csc file, used the Nanopi Zero2 as a template. Built it with the vendor version. Built it with the vendor kernel., but added the "dt" directory with the rk3528-nanopi-rev02.dts to be "automatically" added to the dts directory and Makefile. The base console version seems to work ok when I generate a bookworm image. As I currently only need u-boot, kernel and dtb's to build my own OS (Volumio, volumio.org), it works for me. Of course, I would like to contribute my work (and support it?), but how do I …
-
Hi, I have installed the latest image "Minimal/IOT images with Armbian Linux v6.12" with the mainline Kernel. Many thanks @ColorfulRhino , @amazingfate and many others for their hard work. I have a board with 32GB RAM and 4x NVMe and it is working with HDMI, USB and network. I have installed XFCE on top by my own. Some parts currently not working (what I have seen so far): * second HDMI * HDMI audio * sensor controlled fan speed This seems to be on the roadmap for 2025 for the upstream Kernel. For the fan control I currently use my own overlay and want to share it. /dts-v1/; /plugin/; / { /* ou…
-
Good day, I have recently purchased an Orange Pi 5 Pro and want to use Armbian on it. Armbian (Debian 13 Trixie) does not boot and gives a initramfs error. I have read on erasing the SPI flash memory, but have a few questions. Will erasing the SPI flash memory affect the booting of other operating systems. Is it safe to erase the SPI flash memory? What is the issue around Armbian not booting because of the SPI flash memory? How exactly would I safely erase the SPI flash memory? Thank You
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I'm trying to build the Armbian for Rock64. Host machine is Ubuntu 24.04 AMD64 (but it is running in VirtualBox under Windows). Build fails with the following error: [🐳|🌱] Deploying qemu-user-static binary to chroot [ qemu-aarch64-static during image-early ] [🐳|🔨] '/usr/bin/qemu-aarch64-static' -> '/armbian/.tmp/rootfs-232e77ba-e6ab-4067-8029-afd44bd1d0b9//usr/bin/qemu-aarch64-static' chroot: failed to run command ‘/bin/bash’: No such file or directory [🐳|💥] Error 127 occurred in main shell [ at /armbian/lib/functions/rootfs/distro-specific.sh:276 create_sources_list_and_deploy_repo_key() --> lib/functions/rootfs/distro-speci…
-
I have a ROCK 3A that reaches Maskrom/recovery but will not boot any Radxa or Armbian SD image and produces no useful UART output. UART is configured per Radxa docs at 1500000 8N1 on the debug header, and the exact same adapter/host/settings work on another ROCK 3A. There is no eMMC and no NVMe installed. I also tried resetting/loading SPI via Maskrom using rkdeveloptool db rk356x_spl_loader_ddr1056_v1.12.109_no_check_todly.bin, then loading Radxa’s rock-3a-spi-image-gef9f6b1caad.img. Radxa’s ROCK 3A loader directory contains the matching SPI artifacts, including rock-3a-spi-image-gef9f6b1caad.img, rock-3a-idbloader-gef9f6b1caad.img, and rock-3a-u-boot-gef9f6b1caad.itb, a…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I am trying out Armbian 26.2.0-trunk.592 nightly (trixie) on a Radxa Rock PI 4b+ The community supported image boots fine and it is no problem to install Armbian on the on-board eMMC flash, but the installed NVMe SSD on PCIi is no recognised. It looks like the whole PCIe bus is not initialised properly during boot. in the kernel log I see: [ 0.062396] /pcie@f8000000: Fixed dependency cycle(s) with /pcie@f8000000/interrupt-controller [ 2.160749] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: host bridge /pcie@f8000000 ranges: [ 2.160771] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: MEM 0x00fa000000..0x00fbdfffff -> 0x00fa000000 [ 2.160779] rockchip-…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi people! I'm trying to use Armbian 23.8.1 CLI with the Rock 4 SE board without success. I write the eMMC in the classic way: xzcat Armbian_23.8.1_Rockpi-4b_bookworm_current_6.1.50.img.xz | sudo dd of=/dev/sdb bs=4M status=progress; sync but nothing seems to happens, i have only the green led on, the blue led is not blinking and the display says "no hdmi signal". No problems with the image from radxa. Do you have any idea what's going wrong?
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 10k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Dear team, On Armbian_25.11.1_Orangepi5-plus_trixie_vendor_6.1.115_minimal.img not possible to boot completely kernel, sytem reboot in infinie loop Bellow is the debug log on tty DDR V1.13 25cee80c4f cym 23/08/11-09:31:58 LPDDR4X, 2112MHz channel[0] BW=16 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=18 CS1 Row=18 CS=2 Die BW=8 Size=8192MB channel[1] BW=16 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=18 CS1 Row=18 CS=2 Die BW=8 Size=8192MB channel[2] BW=16 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=18 CS1 Row=18 CS=2 Die BW=8 Size=8192MB channel[3] BW=16 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=18 CS1 Row=18 CS=2 Die BW=8 Size=8192MB Manufacturer ID:0xff CH0 RX Vref:28.9%, TX Vref:22.8%,21.8% CH1 RX Vref:27.1%, TX Vref:21.8%,20.8…
-
Hi, Just received this unit yesterday with my surprise and lack of reading, the unit does not include eMMC or SPI so I am unable to boot directly into nvme drive. Are there instructions somewhere on how to setup the device to boot from MicroSD but use nvme as main drive? Thank you.
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 13.2k views
-
-
BOARD - Orange Pi 5 Pro PROBLEM Device Tree overlays defined in armbianEnv.txt are not being applied during boot. The overlay file exists but is not loaded by the system. verbosity=1 bootlogo=false console=both extraargs=cma=256M fdtfile=rockchip/rk3588s-orangepi-5-pro.dtb rootdev=UUID=a8beb1c4-8079-4e64-8216-8e893f7809d4 rootfstype=ext4 overlays=orangepi-5-pro-disable-leds usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u I also tried with overlay_prefix=rockchip overlays=orangepi-5-pro-disable-leds The Kernel is Linux orangepi5pro 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx #1 SMP Mon Feb 23 05:39:00 UTC 2026 aarch64…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I don't expect an answer at this point but FYI, the eMMC on a Rock5a and latest image does not work properly. It mounts and as soon as you start writing, errors occurs and the FS (ext4) is remounted RO. It happens whether I mount and write manually or I use the armbian-config to transfer the system on the eMMC. Using the Debian distro of radxa, I can write as much as I want on the eMMC w/o errors, so it does not seem to be a failed module, rather something in the armbian kernel. 2023-10-10T17:05:03.106367-07:00 rock-5a kernel: [62335.087809] Buffer I/O error on device mmcblk0p1, logical block 648585 2023-10-10T17:05:04.109720-07:00 rock-5a kernel: [62336.091…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I need to turn off the pwr_led light under the armbian system, thank!
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm trying to enable UART6, UART7, and UART10 via overlays on a sige5 board. UART6 AND UART7 are working fine but I'm not seeing UART10 in the /dev directory. Could someone help me debug this?
-
Hi all i tried to compile BTT CB2 with bookworm and vendor kernel to get MPP and NPU working, but got that : sha256sum: config/kernel/linux-rockchip64-vendor.config: No such file or directory is it missed ? How to compile vendor kernel for MPP support? thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm putting together a build for a 3D printer, rk3308b-s board that has no ethernet, just a Fn-link wifi chip that is a knock-off of an rtl8192fs. I pulled the OEM dts and it describes the chip as an rtl8192cs. I'm pretty sure this is an out of kernel driver and my searches indicate I put source in userpatches. What do I need to add in the board/*.csc file to build to an image with the kernel module(s)? I do have a ralink ra2400, a mt7201 and some supported realtek dongles and If connected, I could git the code build and moprobe the module to test. Ideally, I would like to incorporate the driver via dkms in a armbian build. Can someone point me to the pro…
-
I have installed fresh Armbian IOT community image for Orangepi 5 Max on my Opi5Ultra. Generally works fine, but connected camera (OV13850) not properly works. Via gst-launch I got dark images. Only flashlight or lamp can see on image. In original Orangepi 5 Ultra OS image this issue can be fixed by disabling docker and containerd services and sockets. But Armbian system has not any docker or contanerd services. Can you help me fix this issue? I am going try other cameras - OV9281 and IMX415 and I not have overlays for it. Can somebody publish .dtbo files for those cameras?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Hi, I'm new to the forums and am looking into replacing OEM Klipper firmware on a Sovol SV06 Ace, The main board looks very similar to the MKS Skipr with the following notable differences: rk3308 B emmc soldered on No SD card. Wifi/Bluetooth added - Original boards used realtek and the latest version uses Broadcom. OEM wifi is hit or miss on connecting and hopefull will be improved with Trixie based Armbian. Sovol has mostly complied with the GPL and source/configuration files are on github. IIRC the kernel version was 5.1x I'm a long time Linux user (Slackware 8.1), have contributed OpenWRT builds and hav…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 5.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I’m using an Orange Pi 3B running Armbian Trixie Minimal as a headless SBC. It has been working fine for a couple of months, but after a recent reboot, it failed to connect to the network. After connecting an HDMI cable to troubleshoot, I realized the system is no longer auto logging in; it gets stuck at the login screen. Once I log in manually, I found that the wired network (Ethernet) isn't working at all, though wireless is functioning fine. I even tried flashing the latest image from the website, but the issues persist. To summarize, I have two main problems: - Wired connection (Ethernet) is not working. - The system no longer auto-logs in after bo…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Per the title, I was able to extract an ftb file and convert it to dtb and dts file. I would like to use the community build framework and build Armbian for SV06 Ace. The initial plan was to base the new board/*csc files on other rk3308b boards; sakurapi and rock-s0 and then pull configuration values from the OEM dts file. I'm confused about the dts structure in Community builds and the proper locations for defconfig, dts and dtsi files. I've worked with the files in OpenWRT where they are rigidly structured - something that would be a monumental task for Armbian community builds. The OEM dts file does not use any includes/dtsi fi…
-
Hello everyone! I need help. I was very happy to learn that Armbian support is now available for the Luckfox Lyra Ultra W! https://blog.armbian.com/github-highlights-5/ This board has 8GB of EMCC memory and the firmware needs to be loaded onto this EMCC. I went to this page in this mini guide https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/8862?ref=blog.armbian.com where is the author @vidplace7 clearly indicates how to correctly compile and install the firmware ./compile.sh BOARD=luckfox-lyra-ultra-w BRANCH=vendor KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no DEB_COMPRESS=xz KERNEL_BTF=yes INSTALL_ARMBIAN_FIRMWARE=no BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=yes RELEASE=trixie Boot from…
-
Hi all. i got Armbian for luckfox, compiled by builder, and also tried downloaded img binaries. but cannot find clear and complete instruction how to write thtat img to eMMC and for SDCard . what tools and steps should be used for get Armbian img boots and works on that board. thanks in advance PS. BigTreetech CB2 same problem - no clear info about flash eMMC and SDCard.
-
Hello since kernel 6.12 led (heartbeat and mmc activity) on board rock64 don't work. I've created issue in dietPI github: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/7618 but DietPI is using armbian kernel. Now I'm using recent armbian with kernel 6.11.0-edge-rockchip64. Any idea how to restore led activity on recent kernels?
-
Hello: To compare all available use of this so great card, we could share our uses. For me i se it with : -OpenMediaVault for the NAS function; as file copy save and Torrent -Transmission for the torrent sharing -2 HDDs to save files on USB 3 and 2. And you ? I have a Rock64 1Gb with external power station 5A power
-
I assume I should be using the MTD/SPI for u-boot on this device? If so, how do I update it and choose the boot order? armbian-install complains "No SPI image found." if I select "Install/Update the bootloader on MTD Flash"
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The Radxa bullseye image looks to boot fine, but Armbian forky does not boot at all.
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
If anyone is still interested, I have a Helios 64 that I assembled, looked at, but never got around to using for more than a couple hours. Works fine, does not yet have the 2.5GB fix but I have the instructions for same. No idea what to ask for it but it certainly isn't doing me any good sitting on my shelf. Have the manual, SATA drive bay adapters for 2.5" drives and the like. Make me an offer and pay shipping from Oregon. Let's talk!
-
Hello, i have trouble with my Helios64 (possibly bricked), so I am interested to by a new one. And if i can fix mine, the second one could allow me to participate to armbian support for it. Anyone have one for sale ? Preferably in Europe. Thank you.
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 4.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
On the 25.11.1 Noble release, using the 6.12 kernel, there is no package to install the linux-headers for installed kernel. Is there some place to get them so that it is possible to install a kernel module for the provided ubuntu-rockchip kernel?
-
Hello, I have installed a tinkerboard 2S and used it without problems for more than a year now. Today I started Armbian-upgrade to upgrade the system.I use a M2 WIFI card. What happens right after the reboot when the upgrade was done; the system boots normally, showing all information on the monitor, and about 5 seconds after the login prompt is displayed, it completely freezes. That is; the system doesn't react to keypresses on my USB keyboard, and SSH access isn't reacting. I can ping the device however and I know it is not dead as my .NET core application is running normally and I can access it externally! I use a wifi hotspot configuration; the wifi n…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I am working on a new version of the Luckfox Core3566 Board and Patches, as well as adding the Orange PI CM4 board to Armbian. Both rely on the Rockchip RK3566. Luckfox Core3566 Starting with the Core3566: The current board is just the vendor u-boot and kernel. It lacks PCIe support, but surely it is helpful to be as near to manufacturer configuration in their patches. My board config on the other side is not supporting the vendor specific patches, but based on a clean u-boot v2025.10 and runs nicely with current and edge kernels and also runs smoothly with nvme storage. The luckfox-core3566 config is currently maintainerless, but maybe users would lik…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Good afternoon. I have a Rockchip 3566 tablet.oscal pad 70 wifi I'm writing using Google Translate, so there may be some inaccuracies... I apologize for that! motherboard R863T-RK3566-DK-V1.0 wifi module wxt42j1001s - driver for android only I understand it's probably very difficult...isn't the processor too old for our times? Or is installing Armbian probably not an option? Thanks from the bottom of my heart to everyone who responded.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have Rock64 Ver.2 - 1gb model. Was working fine with Armbian 24.5.0-trunk.211_Rock64_bookworm_current_6.6.21 - boot from micro SD card On SSH, I updated to latest version Armbian_25.2.1_Rock64_bookworm_current_6.12.13. Now it does not boot from micro SD card. I had another micro sd card. I flashed new Armbian_25.2.1_Rock64_bookworm_current_6.12.13 - does not boot. I had another micro sd card. I flashed OLD Armbian 24.5.0-trunk.211_Rock64_bookworm_current_6.6.21 - it boots. Then updated to latest Armbian & does not boot anymore. Looks like some " Flashing_u-boot_to_SPI_Flash " - problem. Please help. Thanks in advanced
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 6.2k views
- 2 followers
-