Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UART or I2C on NANOPI R1

Featured Replies

I use NANOPI R1 in one of my projects. Now I need to develop a board to make a physical watchdog from NANOPI R1 itself and an RTC (the NANOPI R1 RTC does not work). I have two possibilities:

One is to use the already integrated UART, or use a USB - I2C converter.

Using the UART I would communicate the NANOPI with a 328P microcontroller, and from there I would collect the RTC information (with i2c between 328P and RTC), in addition to sending the frequent information to the 328P to keep the watchdog active.

Using the I2C, the RTC would be connected to the I2C BUS and I would do the direct query via NANOPI R1, as well as send the frequent information via I2C to the 328P or ATTINY85 (I can use this CI - it have I2C) to keep the watchdog active.

I want an opinion:

I would like to know how you would do that? Would it be using I2C or using UART? If they were going to use UART, I need the two ports available on NANOPI R1 (because I already use a Nextion HMI on a UART port).

So can i use UART_DBG too? What problems can I face?

NanoPi_R1-layout (1).jpg

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.