Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

T95 Max - cannot install MATE under Ubuntu, HDMI issue, fan, eMMC support

Featured Replies

I recently got a 2 GB RAM / 16 GB T95 Max TV box. I have been playing with the Armbian images from:

 

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12162-single-armbian-image-for-rk-aml-aw-aarch64-armv8

 

Are these the best / most up-to-date pre-built Armbian images for my box? I noticed that thread has been closed. I am aware this box is not officially supported by the project.

 

The first issue I have encountered, and I presume this could also well be a general bug in Armbian although I have not confirmed by trying it on my supported BananaPi M1 yet, is that I am unable to install the mate desktop under either of the focal images due to a package conflict. ubuntu-mate-default-settings_20.04.3_arm64.deb attempts to overwrite the file /usr/lib/chromium-browser/master_preferences which is contained within linux-focal-root-current-arm-64. To me this seems like a packaging error as chromium prefs shouldn't be included in the non-desktop images, chromium being an X app.

 

I have successfully installed MATE under the Debian buster image but I get the impression that the panfrost X driver isn't included in the buster mesa packages, right? Hence, I really want to be running focal to get panfrost without rebuilding mesa etc.

 

With both the buster and focal images, if I disconnect then reconnect the HDMI  the picture does not return on my display without power cycling the box. Is this a known issue with running Armbian on H6 boards?

 

I've have tried to rebuild ffmpeg on my T95 but it only gets so far before it overheats. Can anyone recommend a good USB powered fan or cooler?

 

If I run 'lsblk' it only shows my sd card, not the eMMC. Is it not possible to install Linux onto or to use the eMMC under Armbian on the T95 Max?

 

Finally, I have had to use the Allwinner Phoenix USB tool under Windows to update my boxs Android. Is there not a Linux tool to reflash Allwinner H6 boxes? The (very poor) manual that came with my box claims you should be able to reflash by sticking the image on an sd card and holding the AV button down but I had no luck with that.

 

Its OT for this forum but I failed to get the included remote to work under Android, even after updating to the latest official firmware that I could find online although I didn't find the official page for the T95 Max, if there is one?

 

Thanks for your help!

  • Author

Hi SteeMan

 

I had already read that FAQ before my first post but I hadn't seen the second topic for the H6 specific builds so thanks for pointing that out!

  • SteeMan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.