Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Overlayfs for NanoPi M1

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I tried the instruction provided on topic http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/1526-armbian-in-read-only-mode/?hl=overlayfs#entry11877 but I received kernel panic and the system doesn't boot any more. I mount the SD card on my laptop, I comment the line overlayroot="tmpfs" in /etc/overlayroot.conf and the system boot again.

 

The package apt-get install overlayroot is not available.

In installed it manualy from http://packages.ubuntu.com/en/xenial/overlayroot

When I installed the package cryptsetup it return un error that cannot determine the root partition from /etc/fstab

 

Please be so kind and write step by step instructions howto make the root file system read-only.

Include also the final content of /etc/overlayroot.conf and /etc/fstab

 

Best regards,

If I use the overlay as above, does this protect the SD from corruption if my board is subject to random power outages?

I saw in another post about removing commit and adding sync to fstab, are there any other steps I can take to make it more reliable in the case of random power outages?

Thanks.

J

If I use the overlay as above, does this protect the SD from corruption if my board is subject to random power outages?

This is not designed for such scenarios per se.

 

I saw in another post about removing commit and adding sync to fstab, are there any other steps I can take to make it more reliable in the case of random power outages?

Yes, that would help.

 

@ionciubotaru

 

It's possible that this feature is broken on Jessie. I tested on Xenial like Johnny Blue.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.