Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RTL8188FU driver install

Featured Replies

I was able to get RTL8188FTV $2.00 US USB wifi https://www.ebay.com/itm/123713550193 working with a script I made from a forked project. The power saver has already been disabled in the Makefile. Check out https://github.com/sgjava/rtl8188fu/tree/arm. I've tested this on ARM 32 and ARM 64, but not x86 or x86_64. This is currently a dkms module that requires beta repos to get matching kernel headers.

Good timing!  I had a couple of these arrive yesterday.

 

In the script, it says

sudo -E apt -y install linux-headers-edge-$LINUXFAMILY >> $logfile 2>&1

 

Is this because it's only expected to work with the edge kernel, or if I change "edge" to "current" in that line, should it work for the current kernel?

Thanks!

 

I can confirm that the script works on my Rock64 board, running bullseye CLI with the current branch.  At first I thought it wasn't working, but then I moved it to a different spot and tried an open WiFi network.  I'm still not sure if I can get it working with my normal WPA2/WPA3 network.

 

Oh, and you might want to change "edge" to "$BRANCH" in the manual instructions, too.

I did a little more experimenting, and found that it connects without a problem when I tell it to use WPA2, rather than WPA3.  I don't know whether the problem with WPA3 is in my router or the client, but WPA2 is good enough for now.

 

I can also confirm that your script works on an A64-LTS board, too, so thank you again!

Successfully built on armv7l. Thanks for releasing the script!
 

[ 2810.712732] rtl8188fu: loading out-of-tree module taints kernel.
[ 2810.818513] =======================================================
[ 2810.818520] ==== Launching Wi-Fi driver! (Powered by Rockchip) ====
[ 2810.818525] =======================================================
[ 2810.818529] Realtek 8188FU USB WiFi driver (Powered by Rockchip) init.
[ 2810.818535] RTL871X: module init start
[ 2810.818541] RTL871X: rtl8188fu v4.3.23.6_20964.20170110
[ 2810.820396] usbcore: registered new interface driver rtl8188fu
[ 2810.820456] RTL871X: module init ret=0

 

May I ask if I need to run it again every time I upgrade the kernel?

 

Cheers

!3runo

from Brazil

Edited by BLFC

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.