Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wrong Image linked in /boot when updated after upgrade from 4.4 to 5.10 kernel

Featured Replies

I originally installed Armbian witk Kernel 4.4 on my Nanopi.m4 and later upgraded it to 5.10 via armbian-config. Things work fine but whenever I got a new update via  apt update, things get messed up a bit 

 

the /boot/Image got linked to vmlinux-4.4.213-rk3399 instead of vmlinuz-5.10.35-rockchip64 

while others 

uInitrd -> uInitrd-5.10.35-rockchip64

dtb -> dtb-5.10.35-rockchip64

 

The result's the board couldn't boot-up, when I restarted it. And, I need to correct the Image -> vmlinuz-5.10.35-rockchip64 and doing mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d boot.cmd boot.scr from another linux machine to the SDCard.

It  works fine afterward but I wondered if there is the right way to fix this issue for good. 

 

Thank you,

 

  • Author
3 hours ago, Werner said:

Maybe there is an issue with switching to a different board family which is usually not the case

 


    35	ii  linux-dtb-current-rockchip64            21.05.1                              arm64        Linux DTB, version 5.10.35-rockchip64
    36	ii  linux-dtb-legacy-rk3399                 21.05.1                              arm64        Linux DTB, version 4.4.213-rk3399

 

From armbian-config -> System -> Other, here are the options I'm seeing

 

linux-image-current-rockchip64=21.02. 5.10.21-rockchip64

…

linux-image-dev-rockchip64=21.02.2 … 5.10.16-rockchip64

…

linux-image-legacy-rk3399=21.05.1 … 4.4.213-rk3399

 

I don't see an option of rk3399 with 5.x kernel. 

 

Do you know which dtb it's for those with 5.x kernel from the Download page:

https://www.armbian.com/nanopi-m4/#kernels-archive-all

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.