Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Power bank or ups for Orange pi pc

Featured Replies

Hello folks,

 

I plan to build a power bank or a ups for my Orange Pi Pc H3. Here is the log dump for more info: http://ix.io/2kMo

 

I have been using my Pi PC as a full fledged desktop thanks to all you Armbian contributers. We have occassional power outages and to counter the issue I'm planning to build an alternate power source.

 

After some online search I found that some of the IOT boards support usb power banks as a power supply, hence would like to know if Pi PC H3 supports this feature or can be programmed? 

 

Another option is to use a MoPi board, not sure if Pi PC H3 supports the board.

 

https://pi.gate.ac.uk/pages/mopi.html

 

Solved by MacBreaker

@orangepie14

 


..about power outages..

 

I had this problem years argo also.

I run a server (Orange Pi PC) 24/7 in a area with a lot of "power outages".


I prevent this with a board like this: Double 18650 Lithium-Batterie Schild V8 Mobile Power bank

 

 

 

You have only to connect it between your power source and you Pi.

 

That's all..

 

Markus

Batterie_Shield.png

  • Author

Thanks @MacBreaker
exactly what I was looking for. Can you please help me with the connections?

 

I guess the Orange Pi AC adaptor needs to be connected to the device. How and where to connect the DC 4mm connector to the device and how to connect from the device to Pi? 

 

Can you please explain or share your setup?

 

 

  • Solution

@orangepie14

 

There a differed ways to connect.

 

You have skills with soldering or not?

Ok,easyst way is to buy a usb to DC 4mm connector cable and a power source form Raspberry Pi.
It doesn't matter if mirousb or usb-c connector.


Plug all together and your done.

 

Bevor i forget, i use 3000 miliampere Cells.

 

Made sukcessfull tests with 1 hour disconnect from mains and reconnect.
All wthout problems...

 

 

Markus

  • Author

Funny thing is that I purchased the 18650 cell power backup with a USB to DC Jack cable only to realise later that any mobile phone power bank with 5v 2a output is enough.

 

Quote

any mobile phone power bank with 5v 2a output is enough

 

Yes and no. Not all can charge and deliver power at the same time.

 

That's why I prefer my solution. ;)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.