Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why stop at u-boot ?

Featured Replies

I am playing with X96 Max+ and it always stops at u-boot if its uart port is not connected . It is said that there is interference from uart port thus u-boot thinks it has received commands. Is that true ?

  • Author

If the uart port is not connected , the u-boot stop after "Hit any key to stop autoboot:  2 1 0 "  ---- it is just what I guessed. If I hooked up the uart port with a debug board , I saw no output from screen. But if I press "Enter" key , the u-boot shows "=>" and ready for commands . A "reset" command can make the u-boot to reboot .

 

If the uart port is connected before power up , the u-boot boots normally. 
 

i saw things like this too - easy workaround is to put a usb to serial converter there and plug it into one of the usb connectors of the box - i guess its a problem with proper grounding resulting in noise on the serial line

 

best wishes - hexdump

9 hours ago, hanguofu said:

If the uart port is not connected , the u-boot stop after "Hit any key to stop autoboot:  2 1 0 "  ---- it is just what I guessed. If I hooked up the uart port with a debug board , I saw no output from screen. But if I press "Enter" key , the u-boot shows "=>" and ready for commands . A "reset" command can make the u-boot to reboot .

 

If the uart port is connected before power up , the u-boot boots normally. 
 

 

 

I had the same problem with some versions of the Amlogic S905W processor 

 

My workaround was to short the UART TX pin to ground using a small resistor. It fakes a UART connection and the boot continues 

 

If the step fails, try the same with the RX pin. 

 

Good luck!

  • SteeMan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.