Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Two different boxes don't reboot sometimes

Featured Replies

Hi. I'm trying to use Armbian 20.10 from Balbes and I'm thankfull to you for supporting it. But I have a problem.

 

I have:
1. X88 pro X3 with u-boot-s905x2-s922 as u-boot.ext and meson-g12a-x96-max-rmii.dtb choosen.

2. A95X F3 Air with u-boot-s905x2-s922 as u-boot.ext and meson-sm1-sei610.dtb

 

Both of them work. I can connect to them with ssh.
But I found that sometimes after reboot command both of them do not start again until I plug/unplug them.

I made this little script:

date >> ~/Files/reboots.txt
/sbin/reboot

I put it into a crontab. It executes it each 2 minutes. Both of devices rebooted well for 10-15 times when I tried it first. But after that it takes 3-4 reboots to hang.

During that hanging device is unaccessible through ssh and HDMI output shows nothing. I tried to look into journalctl logs but found that a journal for hanged boot doesn't exist. There are journals for previous boot and for the next after unplugging and nothing in between.

So, I thought that the problem is with u-boot. I connected to X88 with UART adapter.

This is how the end of normal session looks:

*kernel started*
...
arm-64 login:         *here it asks for a login and password but I just wait*
reboot: Restarting system
*some messages about restarting here*
...
*beggining of a new start here*

And this is how the ending of weird session looks:

*kernel started*
...
arm-64 login:         *here it asks for a login and password but I just wait*

Yes, it doesn't show a log for a new start neither a log for ending of previous session. It looks for me like system is hanging not on start but on shutting down.

 

Nobody had such an issue? How it can be fixed? Thanks in advance.

Edited by DmitryS

  • Author

@SteeMan thanks. I can't write more than 1 post in a day, so I'm writing it now.
What about this problem? I got it on X88. Any solutions except installing old version?

 

  • SteeMan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.