Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Need help identifying Android TV Box, selecting boot device

Featured Replies

Hey all, trying to throw a Linux distro on an Android TV Box I found at Goodwill.


Not too much info on what company makes it, what the specs are etc. -- it's unfortunately too old to connect to the Google Play Store at this point (running android Jellybean).

The only markings on it are on the top of the case saying RBOX, but I have yet to find any other device like it on any site. It's a red and black square case, for what that's worth.

 

I also haven't been able to boot to the BIOS/bootloader menu, even holding the reset button -- all that happens is the little Android mascot says its loading then after a few seconds it "dies" (red triangle-shaped thing above the body) only to reboot again. I can boot to the normal OS just fine, but cant do much once there.

 

As such, I haven't found a way to boot off of a USB stick, SD card, etc. just whatever is built in to it.

 

Any help, advice, or info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

  • Author

@SteeManno, that's not the one I have, but thanks for searching.
I tried looking at the chip info but couldn't tell where to look -- do you have an example to show me where to find the chip and/or board information?

 

Currently having trouble posting pics (Error code: -200)

  • Author
16 hours ago, SteeMan said:

Just post a good quality picture of both sides of the motherboard

I've been trying to post photos, but I keep getting the same error on this site -- not sure what it's about.

  • SteeMan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.