June 15, 20224 yr TV Box Name MXQ MBX Model M201 CPU (example: amlogic s805 Meson 8B 4 cores 1.5 Ghz Armbian build file name:Armbian_5.67_Aml-s805_Ubuntu_bionic_default_3.10.108_desktop_20181207 DTB file used: Kernel Version:3.10.108 #14 SMP preenpt Distribution Installed (focal, buster, etc):Bionic Working Ethernet not tested Max Ethernet Speed that works (100/1000): Does wifi work Yes sort of, makes breaks connection continually, it will download updates Does bluetooth work (Yes/No):NA I don't know if the box has it Does HDMI audio work (Yes/No):Not tested Additional Comments (provide any additional information you feel is important): Headphone audio works although it is not perfect. Keyboard and mouse work fine, I have no remote to test Sound:AML8AUDIO Video playback is slow, I'm not sure if accelerated video is working Video:Mali-450 MP Booted fine, and updated fine 815 available memory
June 16, 20224 yr Author HDMI audio works the same as headphone audio, also sounds strange like cartoons
June 27, 20224 yr Author TV Box Name MXQ MBX Model M201 CPU (example: amlogic s805 Meson 8B 4 cores 1.5 Ghz Armbian_5.67_Aml-s805_Debian_stretch_default_3.10.108_desktop_20181207.img DTB file used: Kernel Version:3.10.108 #14 SMP preenpt Distribution Installed (focal, buster, etc):Stretch Working Ethernet not tested Max Ethernet Speed that works (100/1000): Does wifi work Yes Does bluetooth work (Yes/No):NA I don't know if the box has it Does HDMI audio work Yes Additional Comments (provide any additional information you feel is important): Headphone audio not working Keyboard and mouse work fine, I have no remote to test Sound:AML8AUDIO Video playback is slow, I'm not sure if accelerated video is working Video:Mali-450 MP Booted fine, and updated fine 815 available memory Works better than Bionic
July 14, 20224 yr Author I have one of these working with the box, it gives A way to input and output from the box to control things. GPIO, and 12c connections, very inexpensive, and works like a Raspberry Pi https://learn.adafruit.com/circuitpython-libraries-on-any-computer-with-mcp2221/pinout
December 5, 20223 yr I have exactly the same device and I'm having trouble setting the resolution. The default is 1920x1080. I would like less because I have a preview via VNC on the tablet and the screen is too big and after a few hours of displaying the device freezes. Ram memory 41% temperature 40-50C, because I installed cooling for it. After typing 'xrandr' it responds " failed to get size of gamma for output default Screen 0: minimum 1920x1080, current 1920x1080, maximum 1920x1080 default connected 1920x1080+0+0 0mmx0mm 1920x1080 0.00* "
December 5, 20223 yr Author As far as I could see, there was no way to change the resolution, both Android and Armbian were stuck at the same 1920x1080 resolution. I changed font size to get it where i could work with it. Edited December 5, 20223 yr by s-petersen
December 6, 20223 yr Thank you very much for your answer. I also enlarged the font. I just don't know why it freezes completely or restarts xserver. It works for several hours or stops after a few minutes. It works all the time when I'm not using the app.
December 6, 20223 yr Author I've read the processor may be overheating because the heatsink is not designed for the workload the chip is doing under Armbian, perhaps that is the reason mine failed. It may help to increase the size of the heatsink, maybe try it with the cover off for a test?
December 7, 20223 yr I already wrote. The temperature is normal but the problem remains. I had a copy of an almost clean system and ran it all night yesterday. The system did not hang but vnc stopped working after 6 hours. Interestingly, the session is active, the log says nothing about errors and you can't connect. Restarting systemctl tightvncserver also doesn't help, is it a port sharing problem? P.S. Before installing the fan, the temperature was up to 72C! Edited December 7, 20223 yr by Amarok4
December 7, 20223 yr Author yes, there may be a different program that behaves differently, I've never used vnc
March 23, 20242 yr Is there any way to install a more recent version of Armbian with a newer kernel version on this board (s805)?
July 9, 20251 yr Hello, how are you? With all due respect, could someone help me get an Armbian image for my TV box with an Amlogic S805 processor? Thank you very much.
July 10, 20251 yr Author I have stopped working with the box, since mine failed, and the Raspberry Pi zero is cheap again. The last old image was working well before my box failed, the S805 was no longer supported when I started using it. I had bought it for $1 at a hamfest as a project to figure them out.
July 10, 20251 yr Could you please help me with a link or forum where I can find the image? I'd really appreciate your reply. I saw videos on YouTube showing how to make them work, but the download links are all broken. Thank you so much for your help.
July 10, 20251 yr Could you please help me with a link or forum where I can find the image? I'd really appreciate your reply. I saw videos on YouTube showing how to make them work, but the download links are all broken. Thank you so much for your help. Edited July 10, 20251 yr by Ricardo Martin Mantelli
July 10, 20251 yr Author I have been looking, but all of the links are dead, I might have a copy, but I possibly deleted it a month or 2 ago. I will look some more tomorrow, I might have it in a backup, I will let you know
July 10, 20251 yr Author This was the best working version, I also have bionic https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/cubr0yu3t9garv3rxzarg/Armbian_5.67_Aml-s805_Debian_stretch_default_3.10.108_desktop_20181207.img-1.xz?rlkey=remqj5qcnwyjl3t943qj3uh4l&dl=0
July 10, 20251 yr Muchas gracias S-petersen por tu ayuda y amabilidad, ya lo estoy descargando. Luego te comento si tuve suerte! Thank you so much, S-petersen, for your help and kindness. I'm downloading it now. I'll let you know if I've had any luck!
July 10, 20251 yr Author I can upload Bionic also, but I have to remove Stretch first due to space on dropbox. Bionic is newer, but Bionic had more issues with it on my box. Install a bigger heatsink, or fan because my box failed due to overheating.
July 11, 20251 yr Agradecido S-petersen. habia probado un par de versiones pero no arrancaba la placa ethernet y no conectaba a internet, pero con esta corre al 10. ahora la pregunta, puedo instalarla a la eMMC?
July 11, 20251 yr Thanks alot s-petersen for share resources and time with other members. now i try found the steps to can install to internal memory but already working from SD.
July 11, 20251 yr Author yes, I ran mine from SD the whole time, but my box died because I never upgraded the cpu heatsink, they run too hot unless you upgrade. I even installed Python, and used a usb to 12s so I could control inputs and outputs for controlling things Edited July 11, 20251 yr by s-petersen add info
July 11, 20251 yr only require proccess under server mode (not use the graphical interface) really use zerotier for remote control as vpn and mplayer to playing a looping audio streaming. is well for me.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.