Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Get rid of clubs altogether?

Featured Replies

Thinking about completely removing clubs. Other clubs that tvboxes are pretty much unused and latter could be migrated into unsupported forums.

Clubs themselves can be confusing. They work similar to forums but have different arrangement of things. Also they partially lack of moderating options that common forums provide.

 

Thoughts?

I'm not sure it is a good move. I mean, from a management point of view probably it looks like it is the right thing to do, but doing this could lead users into confusion and let them make lot of posts in the wrong places again like before?

 

This should be much better now that every device has its own subforum, but the average user just does not understand what armbian means with "unsupported" or "CSC". I guess that there would be a TV Boxes subforum in the "unsupported" section. That could work for me.

 

I'm not against the move, but the tvboxes subforum would indeed require other nested subforums (one per each vendor) as is it right now.

 

The "overview" feature was indeed very useful, it's a pity to lose that IMHO, but I think we can survive its removal.

I forgot about the overview feature.  That certainly would be missed.  But I would think it should be possible to somehow recreate that functionality.  If you don't know, the club overview feature is a simple search that shows the most recent posts in the entire club.  Very useful for jock and myself to catch up on responding to posts in the tv box area.

While the forum has a similar feature that shows everything new for the entire forum I don't know of a way to restrict it to a subsection. Of the forum.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.